Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks From Today And Counting!

Im getting more and more anxious for for the day to be here...Im so excited yet nervous too. Any tips on what I really need to have to prepare myself for pains once I make it home?

Same here! 3 weeks and 2 days for me! Sleepless nights, and lots of anxiousness!

Deep breaths and keeping busy! That's how I've been making it through the days. I go in for surgery tomorrow, so I can't give advice on what definitely works post-op, but I'm prepared with my gas x strips, my biotene mouth spray, and comfy pillows. I've got some other stuff too, but these have sounded like the most essential from many posts I've read =)

What is the biotene mouth spray for?

It's a mouth wash/spray (you can get it in either form) that helps produce siliva so you don't get dry mouth- very common in surgeries like this, especially the first two weeks were you have a hard time staying hydrated. Most people get severe "cotton mouth" symptoms until they are able to keep down more liquids. A handy idea like the gas x strips- more like a just in case, have on hand thing if you develop those symptoms. :)

Ok thanks yeah ive seen a lot of ppl talk about the biotene...looks like i will be picking this up this weekend since my surgeey date has been moved to the 7th! I feel like now i have no time to get all i need but it jas to be done clock is ticking away

So i went and got all my Vitamins (i hope childrens multi chewable Vitamin works) but i vould not find the biotene spray. Where do i find this? Ive pretty much got everything i need for hospital bag will be packing it soon to get it over with..

Really? Oh no... Where can i find a chewable Multivitamin that isnt a Gummy or gum?

My day is Tuesday the 31st! I'm excited and scared to death. When you have had the same lifestyle for so long, it is hard to wrap your mind around how your life will be. Does anyone or did anyone feel like you would be the only one who this surgery wouldn't work for? I know it will, and I feel silly for feeling like that. And as a side note, my house has never been cleaner since I started this clear liquid pre op diet! IM SO HUNGRY!! :)

My day is Tuesday the 31st! I'm excited and scared to death. When you have had the same lifestyle for so long' date=' it is hard to wrap your mind around how your life will be. Does anyone or did anyone feel like you would be the only one who this surgery wouldn't work for? I know it will, and I feel silly for feeling like that. And as a side note, my house has never been cleaner since I started this clear liquid pre op diet! IM SO HUNGRY!! :)[/quote']

I had my op on Monday and went through exactly the same emotions as you are getting. I don't think I have ever had a day in my life when I haven't felt starving. I could sit down and eat a meal the same size as my husband, get up from the table feeling like I hadn't put a morsal in my mouth.

Since monday I have not had one hunger pang!! It's the most weird sensation for me... Making myself sip protine shakes that I don't really think I want, but know my body needs to heal. At around tea time when my husband is getting his food ready and there are nice smells lingering in the air I get a bit of an empty feeling, but not hunger. It's really odd.

I guess the nervousness is natural, it's the fear of the unknown. I had my op in UK and must say the staff in hospital were amazing.

Don't let the pre op diet go now... You are nearly there.. You are on it for your own safety, it's makes your surgeons job easier and safer

Good luck xxx