Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 3 Weeks Post Op And Very Depressed.......

I am also 3 weeks out (sleeve on June 27th) & I feel the same way. Im not as bad as I was, but Im not doing well following the diet. I dont even drink shakes. My surgeon wasnt worried about it because they were making me vomit, and I ended up dehydrated & back in the hospital. Everyday is a struggle, but theres no going back. I try to eat eggs & greek yogurt to get some sort of Protein. Im going to the beach in a week & I know its going to be a huge issue. My family likes to eat & they enjoy going out on vacation. I suppose I can order grilled chicken or baked fish of some sort.

Girl, It's great that your hubby has started dieting and exercising. I know it's hard to see it, but my thought is that he's doing what he can to support you. Men are very action-oriented. Since he can't take away your liquid diet or help with preparing your food right now, he's showing you he cares by trying to be your buddy. I know it's just irritating the tar out of you right this minute, but you'll like having a hotter hubby as you get hotter yourself. Bonus: You'll have a built-in workout partner and he (hopefully) won't be brining home junk food to try and sabotage you. :)

I am also 3 weeks out (sleeve on June 27th) & I feel the same way. Im not as bad as I was, but Im not doing well following the diet. I dont even drink shakes. My surgeon wasnt worried about it because they were making me vomit, and I ended up dehydrated & back in the hospital. Everyday is a struggle, but theres no going back. I try to eat eggs & greek yogurt to get some sort of Protein. Im going to the beach in a week & I know its going to be a huge issue. My family likes to eat & they enjoy going out on vacation. I suppose I can order grilled chicken or baked fish of some sort.

Most places offer a Soup appetizer, too. I usually order that and have them bring it out with others' meals.

I am nearly 4 weeks out and I can tell you it definitely gets better. It seems as though it gets better every day in fact. All my struggles were worth it as I saw my sugar levels drop from the mid 200's to the 80's and 90's with no meds and my BP today was 117/76. And you know what? I dont even miss food!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

It will get better! I'm about 12 weeks now. I've lost 47 lbs. I know exactly how you are feeling because I felt the same way. And sometimes I still do. I was very discouraged with feeling hunger. I didn't think we were suppose to. But when I think about what hunger felt like before I can definitely say its much less. I am using that as a tool. (A tool to help use my tool. Lol) you have to eat to lose weight. I can really see that now. So I use that hunger feeling to remind myself to feed my body. I remember my first bite of chicken. I was so happy to just chew! It's an interesting road, learning your new lifestyle. But no means easy. It will get easier though. Once you figure out what agrees with you then you have food you know you can eat. Omg, the shakes. I keep buying them and not drinking them. I'm super sick of them too. Now I just but the pre made ones because, well, at least I don't have to do the work to make them. At least I'm more apt to drinking them then. But it is important especially at your stage. I always found when I started not feeling well if I started to drink one I felt better! PLUS, if you don't the weight loss will slow down. More Protein, more lbs you can kiss goodbye!

(((((HUGS))))) Hang in there! It sounds like things will be getting better =) Just gotta get through this rough part