Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shake Recipes

Wow, thanks to all of you... Things are looking a little better in the "eating" department now...

Getting very anxiously nervous

Peggy

I found this at http://bariatric.templehealth.org/content/diettips.asp .

I tried the banana/peanut butter shake last night.... YUM!:)

Protein shake recipes. Protein shakes are needed to get adequate amounts of Protein after surgery. We have specific products that we recommend, but remember that if you do not like the taste of your shake you are less likely to drink it. The following recipes and tips may help you improve the taste of your shake.

Simple Shake (28 grams protein)

1 scoop vanilla whey Protein powder (20 grams protein)

8 ounces fat-free milk

Mix well in shaker cup or blender.

Banana/Peanut Butter Shake (12 grams protein)

8 ounces fat-free milk

1 tablespoon creamy Peanut Butter

1/4 - 1/2 banana

Blend until smooth in blender.

Orange Dreamsicle (28 grams protein)

1 scoop vanilla whey Protein Powder (20 grams protein)

1 scoop (individual serving) sugar-free Sunrise Orange Crystal Lightâ powder

8 ounces skim milk

Alternatives: substitute 4 ounces orange juice for 4 ounces milk; substitute 4 ounces yogurt for 4 ounces milk; add 1/2 tsp. orange zest to shake.

Hot Cocoa (13 grams protein)

1 tablespoon Splenda

1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa

2 tablespoons dried milk powder

8 ounces non-fat milk

Dash salt

Blend Splenda, unsweetened cocoa, dried milk powder and salt in large mug. Blend in milk, stirring until dissolved. Microwave 1 minute on high or until hot. Can also heat in saucepan on stove.

Tips for Protein Shakes.< /strong>

• <LI class=copy>Use flavorings such as vanilla, almond and coconut extracts to improve flavor. <LI class=copy>coffee added to chocolate-flavored protein powder makes a mocha-flavored shake. <LI class=copy>Bananas, strawberries and Peanut Butter add the most flavoring to shakes. <LI class=copy>Unflavored cocoa powder can be added for a deeper chocolate flavor without adding fat. <LI class=copy>Freeze milk in ice cube trays to make milk cubes. Blend these with your shake to make it icy cold and to add protein without diluting your shake. <LI class=copy>If you are lactose intolerant, you can use Lactaid milk or soy milk to add protein to your shake.
  • Yogurt can be added to shakes to increase creaminess and protein.

try using Extracts with your shakes (coconut, orange, rum, etc) they can be found in the baking isle. the posibilities are endless fir flavor combinations

SOOO glad I looked here!! I almost gave up!! I got ahead of myself when I was banded (3/7/08) and bought two huge containers of Isopure. One chocolate and one vanilla. I tried the chocolate twice and was sooo mad! its NASTY!! nothing I did to "doctor" it up helped! I thought I wasted my money! Now I can retry with these recipes!!

The Vanilla is great you cant go wrong with Vanilla that is what it is.. can't be altered to you KNOW what its gonna taste like.. Chocolate is always a crap shoot. Anyway thanks everyone.... heres my contribution...

Vanilla Powder

a few chunks of Frozen Mango chunks(Trader Joes)

a little splenda and a 1/4 Tbls creamy Pb

YUMMM

I use 1 cup ff plain yogurt, 2 scoops unflavored whey Protein, 2-3 packets Equal, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup frozen strawberries. Blend in a blender. It keeps me going all morning.:scared2:

Hi! That sounds so yummy! Where do you find the unflavored Protein? I am having problems with all the volume so I get the protein in....Good luck, good luck, good luck!!

I use the Biochem whey Protein powder natural. I get it from a healthfood store here in Memphis. I've looked on the internet too and it is sold at different sites. The nice thing is it has twice the protein of the flavored powders per scoop and two full scoops make it even creamier. I like that.:)