Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shake Recipes

Could everyone please post their favorite Protein Shake recipe?

I've searched Protein and recipe and found a couple but think it would be good for everyone to put theirs on one post were everyone could refer to it easily.

Once, I find out how to make one that doesn't taste like blah -- I'll be happy to post recipes!!! :clap2:

I am an always on the go kind of person, do not like thing complicated, I loved the pre made Atkins in a can ( chocolate royal) it had lots of Protein, and when I had time I would blend it with ice and add a tsp or 2 of peanut butter.. or forzen strawberries..Yum!

Tropicana Light and Healthy OJ (half the calories and half the sugar as regular OJ), a couple frozen strawberries, and a scoop or two of unflavored protien powder. This has been the only way I've been able to get my Protein Shakes in. Tried others and they were yucky. I'll probably get sick of this eventually, but right now it tastes almost as good as an Orange Julius. :clap2:

Tropicana Light and Healthy OJ (half the calories and half the sugar as regular OJ), a couple frozen strawberries, and a scoop or two of unflavored protien powder. This has been the only way I've been able to get my Protein shakes in. Tried others and they were yucky. I'll probably get sick of this eventually, but right now it tastes almost as good as an Orange Julius. :clap2:

This sounds good, I may even throw in a banana. I have yet to find anything that I can stand to put the Protein Powder in. I am going to give this one a try.

cl_tx_42,

Thanks for starting this thread. This has been something on my mind as well.

my absolute favorite is EAS Myoplex lite in any flavors - old favs like choc, vanilla and strawberry but they also now have these tropical flavors that are super yummy - they don't have a chalky taste and u can mix with milk or Water - i use Water and ice cubes and it's like a thick milkshake. but but but i do not like their pre mixed shakes - i think they are not near as good as the kind in the envelope you mix in a blender. not sure why.

this isn't Protein shake but i luv all crystal lites - those little mix in packs have made it possible for me to drink 8 bottles a day and sugar free tang is beyond wonderful - my friend just bought me 40.00 worth as i couldn't find it where i live - cant wait for that pakage to arrive.

I don't like the Protein Drinks much. I can barely get one down. But, I found a wonderful way to now get in some Liquid Protein in the morning when I'm a bit tighter. I use a vanilla Protein powder...started with the Unjury kind as it's low in carbs, calories and a good source of protein. I used a scoop of the vanilla flavored and put it in about 8-10 oz. skim milk. I then add Jello brand Sugar Free Chocolate or chocolate fudge pudding to it. I just guestimate the amount, so a box of that lasts me for several shakes. I then just blend it up. I could add ice to thicken it, but I like it just the way it is. I did add 1/2 banana the other day to add in some fruit. This is delicious. My kids think it tastes like hot chocolate!! Oh, you could also use an off brand of chocolate or another flavor if you wanted, just make sure it's sugar free pudding!!! DELICIOUS!!!!

I have a surgery date of 9/28 and would like some ideas/opinions on the different Protein Powder mixes and which is the most popular and tasty..

Also would like ideas on different clears to have for the first week after surgery..

Bought a Magic bullet... so I'm ready to start blending...

thanks to all for your help as I start this long journey.

Peggy

I haven't had surgery yet but on my other journeys I have been on high Protein diets. My favorite recipe was using choclate powder with 1 cup skim milk, I cup ice cubes, and 2 table spoons of sugar free french vanilla cappacino mix. Blend it all time smooth.. Yummy

I haven't had surgery yet but on my other journeys I have been on high Protein diets. My favorite recipe was using choclate powder with 1 cup skim milk, I cup ice cubes, and 2 table spoons of sugar free french vanilla cappacino mix. Blend it all time smooth.. Yummy

That sounds yummy! A good alternative to a frappacino (sp?)

Jodi, thanks for the receipe... sounds great..

Keep the ideas coming.. the more I have the better it will be...

I started out using Unjury Protein powder that I ordered from the internet. The site is www.unjury.com. I mostly used the unflavored and added it to my broth, Soups, etc. They also will include a recipe guide with it and I would mix it in my sugarfree Jello and actually still do. You can't tell at all so when you are eating the jello with a dab of coolwhip (sugarfree or fatfree) you are also getting in the much needed protein.

There may be some other unflavored brands as well. I thought the unjury mixed up well. Just be careful when adding to hot soups, etc.

They can't be too hot or it will solidify.

I am an always on the go kind of person, do not like thing complicated, I loved the pre made Atkins in a can ( chocolate royal) it had lots of Protein, and when I had time I would blend it with ice and add a tsp or 2 of Peanut Butter.. or forzen strawberries..Yum!

Im like Michelle, I like the pre-canned ones.

When I have a little time, Im gonna try blending the frozen fruits - just every so often. Never done it before - thanks for the idea.

These are all blended:

chocolate Protein powder, 2 - 3 scoops, blended a sizeable blob of Peanut Butter, and 2% milk.

vanilla Protein Powder, 2 scoops, 10 oz reduced sugar orange juice, 1 packet Splenda, topped off with 2% milk.

chocolate Protein powder, 2 scoops, and 1/3 - 1/2 packet Butterfinger brand hot cocoa mix.

Vanilla protein powder, 2% milk, and about a tsp of sugar free DaVinci Kahlua flavoring, blended with ice.

Vanilla protein powder, warm 2% milk, and about a tsp of sugar free DaVinci Hazlenut flavoring, and about 1/4 tsp instant coffee or sugar free DaVinci cappucino flavoring.

Vanilla proteon powder, 1 packet spenda, 2% milk, about 8 strawberries. Reminds me just a bit of a strawberry julius (heaven).

I also make a recipe I got from another bandster, that you eat as a frozen yogurt, using sugar free pudding, blended cottage cheese (when you blend it smooth it has a sour cream consistency and a generic "dairy" flavor), and Protein powder. I usually do the fudge flavored Jello, stir on a tbl or two of chunky Peanut Butter, and 3 or 4 scoops of chocolate protein powder, then into the freezer. It has crazy amounts of protein, relatively few calories or carbs.