Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC September Chat

I have no restriction with my first fill as well. I am sad and glad that I am not alone and it is not just in my head....

I only got .5 ccs. PRETTY MUCH NOTHING.... I will no longer be going to that Dr!

:puke:

I had my first fill yesterday and am definitely restricted! I asked Dr Nusbaum how much he was putting in and his answer was "as much as it will take. When we're done I'll let you know how much it took." Then we started chatting and I forgot to ask for the final amount :D

He said that he doesn't like to do a small start like .5cc etc, because you may have no restriction and it may take a few fills for a good fit. He likes to start off big, give you good restriction and go from there. So far, so good.

I'm back on liquids and am still not hungry, but am looking forward to dropping a few more pounds before I can start solids again.

Oh yeah, anyone else feel slightly nauseous for a day or two after their fill?

I have no restriction with my first fill as well. I am sad and glad that I am not alone and it is not just in my head....

I only got .5 ccs. PRETTY MUCH NOTHING.... I will no longer be going to that Dr!

:D

hmmmm. Was this guy your surgeon or someone else? Did you have to pay? after reading so many posts, it makes me curious as to who is going light and who isn't... Is the guy who gets $150 everytime you walk through the door the one going light? Just a thought.....

He was a surgeon. He actually was not the one that did my surgery though. My Dr. is not available the days I can make it up there for a fil. It is a 2 hour drive so I have to do it on certain days. Another thing that I found strange was they do not do it under flouro. Most people say they get it done that way. I am sure that I will have to pay for it, I just don't know how much!

ANYHOW, my Dr is going to see my on the 17th of October for a second fill so I am working very hard on my own to make sure I do not over eat. But of course if I could do that well I would not be in this situation to begin with.....

:cry

I am sick and that has taken my appetite away some. Thank goodness.....

:faint:

I had my first fill yesterday and am definitely restricted! I asked Dr Nusbaum how much he was putting in and his answer was "as much as it will take. When we're done I'll let you know how much it took." Then we started chatting and I forgot to ask for the final amount :D

He said that he doesn't like to do a small start like .5cc etc, because you may have no restriction and it may take a few fills for a good fit. He likes to start off big, give you good restriction and go from there. So far, so good.

I'm back on liquids and am still not hungry, but am looking forward to dropping a few more pounds before I can start solids again.

Oh yeah, anyone else feel slightly nauseous for a day or two after their fill?

Hmmm, Dr. Nusbaum said the same thing to me when I asked how much he was filling it. I wonder what that's all about. I felt restricted for a day or so, but then that was it. Definitely need another fill. I didn't feel nauseous though. Just a little weird as the numbness was wearing off.

Okay, I think I have figured this restriction thing out. If I eat bulky food like chicken or beef, and chew it well but not to mush, then I feel the restriction and boy is it there. But if I eat eggs or applesauce or cheese, it tends to go right through and I find myself eating much more. It is almost the opposite of what I did after the surgery. Then I ate soft foods to let the stomach heal; now I can eat bulky foods chewed well to fill the stomach up. I think I have the hang of it.

I just got back from a week's vacation at the beach with DH.

I was really worried about how I was going to manage going out to dinner etc. It worked just fine -- I came back 1/2 lb less than I started a week ago.

AND -- I had a size 16 swimsuit that I basically had never worn because it was uncomfortably tight (I've been in a 22), and I thought, "What the heck, I'll try it on."

AND it fits! And DH says I look great!

Also, I had two pairs of size 3x shorts from last summer, and they're literally falling off. My weight has basically stabilized (first fill is this week), but the clothes are getting larger and larger.

I've had a few revelations --

I do better if I eat Protein, like the dietician said. It lasts longer and I don't get so hungry.

The band doesn't make dieting unnecessary, it makes it possible and effective. So where, last year, I would have eaten very little and still gained weight, now I can eat a small but reasonable amount and actually lose. And I'm not calling it a 'diet', I'm calling it an 'eating plan'.

When I was out shopping, I turned into a Pepperidge Farm outlet store, and started thinking, "Oh, what the heck, I deserve a cookie", then my guardian angel said "Wait. Why would you do that? You just went through a $30,000 operation that really was major surgery, and you did it to save your life, so why would you blow it on cookies?" So I turned and walked out of the store with nothing.

It really did make me stop and think about every bite I put into my mouth.

Hi all,

well I guess I'm a member of the ABC as I got my band on Aug 25(whew, barely made it). I am offically in bandster hell, my swelling has gone down and my appetite is growing. I did pretty well presurgery diet and post surgery I felt pretty restricted due to the swelling. I lost 37 lbs all together pre and post. The last few days I have been eating more and actually gained back a lb or two. My brain is really fighting my stomach. I have mentaly been freaking out(I ate too much at that last meal, did I streach out my pouch, slip my band, screw up this $8000 surgery, ect). I go for my first fill on September 26th. I can't wait and I'm ready to start working out. I only have one incision that has not yet closed compleatly(the big one,port). Thanks guys.

Welcome to bandland! I'm glad everything went well. I don't think you have hurt anything but be carefull. Follow your Dr's advise and you will be ok.

:)

We are somewhat alike, for my highest weight was 348 and post sx 304. Lost 34 lbs through ww and 5 pre sx, then 7 post sx. I was banded on the 21 and you on the 25. I do not have my first fill scheduled but calling today.

Diane

I messed up yesterday. I'm afraid to step on the scale because if I gained, I know I'll be upset. Yesterday was family time for me, hubby and our 2 1/2 year old boy. Actually we went house shopping as we're selling ours and looking for something bigger. Around lunch time, my hubbys said "Let's get something to eat" Well, we ended up at McDonalds. YIKE!! I had a 4 piece chicken nuggets and a fruit and yogurt parfait. I had no idea what to order. We got home late and picked up Boston Market for dinner. I ordered the meatloaf, sweet potatoes, and spinach. Problem is, I ate the whole thing!!!! Yeah, in dire need of that second fill!!! When, I went to track my calories on fitday...HELLO!!! 1200 calories!!! Holy cow!! I had no idea I ate that much. I had been staying between 750 and 900. I went waaaaayyyyy over yesterday. I drank like a gallon of Water to try and flush out all I ate. Needless to say, I'm also doing doubletime on the treadmill today.

I guess I screw up once in a while....but I ended up so mad at myself!!!:)

hey Libra...don't be surprised if you do loose!! the best diet works when you do let yourself go once in awhile. It wakes up your metabolism,gives it a kick,so your body dosen't get used to the same # of calories and becomes non-compliant. Its o.k. every so often to let loose, just remember to savor and ENJOY!! you might be pleasantly surprised!!

When, I went to track my calories on fitday...HELLO!!! 1200 calories!!! Holy cow!! I had no idea I ate that much. I had been staying between 750 and 900. I went waaaaayyyyy over yesterday. I drank like a gallon of Water to try and flush out all I ate. Needless to say, I'm also doing doubletime on the treadmill today.

Don't beat yourself up. I use Fitday too. Why don't you take another look at that day with the reports. Specifically the Calories Burned vs. Calories Eaten. It may make you feel alot better. If not, then you can beat yourself up.:)

My first fill is tomorrow and I am pretty nervous. Since I had two surgeries due to the band slipping the day of my first surgery I am worried about the band staying in place. I have no restriciton though and am hoping this first fill will make a difference. Glad I found you all again...been looking for you! Keep your fingers crossed for me!