Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

You need to copy the "bbc code" from ticker factory after you make your ticker and then go to "edit signature" here at LBT and paste it onto your signature line. It's been a while, but I believe that's how you do it.

Chrispygal,

Thanks alot. I think it actually worked, I'm so excited. I guess it doesn't take much to excite me!! I just am not very computer saavy.

Cindy

No problem! Glad you were able to get it to work!

sorry good luck with the irs.

sherry my appt is on the 25th too about 3pm when is yours? maybe we can meet up!

dez

Hi All,

I am finally at a computer again. I am doing good. I will be going to see

Dr. Jones the beginning of May. I am guessing I will get a fill. A little

nervous about it but I would welcome a litte more restriction. I have

added some to the food intake. I have only lost 19 lbs since March 6th.

The doctor's office counts more because they take my highest weight but

I count from when I went into the hospital. Anyway, I am going along

just fine. On a get together, I have made plans to go to Texas May 7 - 17th. I have a son, his wife, and two grandchildren there. But, I could

get together before that. Is it still May 5th? I will have access to a

computer for a few days this time. Talk to you again.

Nana

it's closing in on may 5th

who wants to meet somewhere

the place you met before was that charlie's at one time

been out in western ma for 15 yrs now and the brain cells are getting old lol

deb

Hi everyone,

This is my last chance with a computer until after your get together of May 5th, so I am going to have to say no to that. My computer is disconnected because of having our hardwood floors redone, I don't know when I will get it redone, so I cannot even read your posts. I am sorry to miss this one, then I am going to Texas for ten days. So, that is it for now. In between I am hoping to get a fill on my next visit to Dr. Jones:mad: . Talk to you later.

Nana

ditto, nana! i am up for may 5th unless we have to go house hunting. do we want to meet somewhere west so deb doesn't have to drive as far, maybe off 128/95? i can't wait to see youall again! i went to see dr. jones yesterday and got a big fill 2cc's now and hope this will get me back on track!!!! only sherry and i are doing the challenge, anyone else up for it? hugs to all!

dez

I was banded on the 25th of april sugery went well a little sore but have extreme lower gas pains any suggestions or remedy,s.

WJT - GasX strips and walk, walk, walk that's the best you can do for that gas.

I'm up to meet on May 5th provided my son is doing ok. I don't know if I told you all but he was in a car accident on the 17th and fractured his hip. We wound up at Children's in Boston because they needed to make sure his organs were ok..thankfully he walked (on crutches) out of there with a sprained hand and fracture hip..that's it. He's one lucky teen. We go back up to Children's on the 2nd for more xrays and a CT scan to make sure he's doing ok.

Where is everyone planning on meeting? I haven't really heard anything other than the same place as before so if that's changed in need an update. How many can make the 5th versus another date. Last I know even the 5th was tough for peeps.

Dez....my scale lied, I knew once I could get the Water down it would happen.

I got a fill on Wed and had to go for a slight unfill because I couldn't even swallow my own saliva..pretty scarey let me tell ya! I drank the Water right down in the office no problem..it was slow but didn't choke me. Well after I left, I think my stomach under the band swelled from the push and pull of the Fluid and that was it. I was up all night with acid/sour stomach and the whole next day I barely got fluids in. I have NO CLUE what the heck is in my band because it's not a true science how it's filled. Jones said on Wed he brought me up to 2ccs yet Thurs for the unfil there was less that 2ccs in the needle when he drew it out. He said I now have more in my band than before my fill on Wed but less than after the fill. SO WHAT THE HELL does that mean? God I hate not knowing the amount in my band...it drives me insane! How the heck do you know if you're going to blow the stinking thing up if you can't track whats in there? I asked well does it evaporate inbetween fills...Jones said no not really. Well then where the hell does it go? I'm frustrated with this part of the band process. I love my band...it's helped me alot but, geesh it's scarey with the fill stuff and not knowing what you got in there. There has to be a better way, there just has to be. To me....track every cc in there from the very beginning from surgery. If you drain it all out during surgery...make sure it's completely out. Then as you do fills first fill only put 1cc in the needle. Push it all in mark it. The next time you go only put .50 cc in the needle. etc. Does anyone else understand how this works? I mean...honestly I wouldn't give this band up unless I had to but, truly through the years you would think a better tracking system could happen ya know? So in my eyes I could have anywhere from 1.25 to 3.00 in my band right now it's crazy thats a huge difference.