Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

hi guys! great to see chris again and to finally meet deb last thurs at the bidmc nite! deb even won a prize! how was your trip back? did you stay with michelle or go on home?

chris said something that made me think on thurs. we can buckle down, make thr tough decisions that are not easy (or we wouldn't need wt loss sx would we?!?) and get to our goal or get to our goal several years down the road!

i agree with you john, i go for a check up next wed 4/11 and i don't care if i am pbing h2o i need a fill!!!!! my will power is waning and i NEED to lose 5 lbs by april 25th for my fertility doc so i will do it if i have to put myself back on liquids!!!

sherry keep on pluggin! you ARE doing great! i think i may have put on some wt and right now i really cant. you will hit onederland soon! i am 36 lbs away so you are my inspiration! on thurs there was someone who had dx in july like i did and she is down 110lbs. after the urge to beat the crap out of her passed i think she can be a goal to shoot for.

so MY challenge is to get to 225 by mother's day.

so here is my challenge to you all...whoever has lost the most weight between next saturday 4/7 and our next get-together gets a surprise from me! email your totals the day before our gathering and i will bring something special for our winner...deal?!?!

hugs and encouragement to all!

dez

hi dez, chris, sherry, (nana out there somewhere) and all the new ones i will get to know.

I drove Michelle home and the kids where all asleep, so i shot home. didn't make it to work the next day and slept most of the day (shut down).

this morning i was going thru my shorts for a trip to texas for a few days, half of them are too big :girl_hug:

i will be trying to stop smoking again in 2 weeks, maybe that will help my eating solids better. I was going to talk with dr jones about it but i'll try and eliminate the smoking factor before i do.

so how is may 5th for a get together?

please raise hands

deb

May 5th sounds good to me and I'm signing up for Dez's challenge. So are we weighing in on April 7th and then PMing to weight to you Dez?

I'm with you...I actually think I need another fill. I feel I'm eating too much. Pretty sad when you think a cup of food is too much huh? Well sometimes its more than a cup of food. I need another hobby lol. My next visit to BIDMC isn't until May 30th and I'm not going to make it until then. I'm going to ask to be seen sooner. Hmm wonder if I can get in for April 11th my birthday hee hee. I'll beg and plead lol.

Hugs to all

Dez you crack me up! ;) And what a great idea about the challenge! I'm in, although I won't be able to make May 5th. And if you lose the most weight, I'll get you a little prize. Deal??

Deb good for you! Quitting smoking would be a huge step in the right direction for getting healthy. I know it'll be hard, but if anyone can do it, you can! :)

Hi! good luck on the fill sherry! sorry you can't make the 5th chris but i am in! same place as last time or is there something else close?

everyone interested pm me your weights as of 4/7 and then we shall start the challenge!!! i am a competitive person so knowing there is a deadline may help!

hugs to all!

dez

Hi all, I finally got back to RI. That is where I have to come in order to post. Now that I am banded that is so frustrating. I keep up with you by reading all the time, however. I am doing really good. I started mushies about four days ago and yesterday I started feeling sick to my stomach. Normal?? Or am I eating too fast? I thought I would call June and ask but I haven't yet. Also, John, I think I am about a week later than you, I was done March 6th, and just recently I am feeling a pain on my left side. Not at the port which is still sore.:cry Has your pain gone away? When you answer, I won't be in RI to answer you, what a shame.:) Also, I wanted to

say I would like to get together again. I usually am available because I am retired. I hope you can come up with a day when most of you are available. Also, I am waiting to hear where, because I am so chicken about driving. I made it OK to the last place in Burlington Mall, if that was OK. I just feel bad at the problems with weight loss etc. but I still like to read how you are doing. Keep up the good work!! I will post when I can.

Nana

Hi Nana!!! Glad to hear you're doing well! I'll be honest with you, I'm naseous a lot these days. Anytime I get stressed I get naseous, whereas I used to grab for the closest thing I could shove in my mouth. There are also many days where I just don't feel like eating anything because my tummy is a bit naseous. This didn't happen for me until after my second fill but honestly, I'm happy about it. Anything that makes me not want to eat is a good thing! lol But if you get to the point where you're not able to get your food in, there's a problem. But you're still healing so it's probably connected to that is my guess.

Hi cheri52, I am nanavivian, I was just banded March 6th after waiting a long time because of some health issues. By the way, I cannot post very often because I have to use someone else's computer to post but I wanted to join in on an idea about your concern about being banded. First of all

because of being from the Cape also, Dennis to be exact, and because I was just done. I was a little hungry during the three weeks on liquids and now that I am on soft foods (mushies) I was a little nauseas (spelling?) but my stomach must be adjusting, I am better today. So, with a few problems, we get through day by day. BUT, I know I could not loose the weight on my own so this is the way for me. You just have to give it a lot of thought and see what is right for you. I hope this helps. I know you are scheduled soon. Good luck.

Nana

No fill for me today....I rescheduled my appointment to the 25th because I really wanted to see a nutrionist as well and couldn't if I went today plus it's easier for my DH to bring me if I plan it better. Soooo I'm on my own for a few weeks. Fighting head hunger like crazy these days! I wish they could put a band around my head hahaha

I just saw Sherry tonight. She looks so GREAT! She performed some Reiki on me. I feel like a million bucks now. :)

Hi Nana, I thought I remembered someone from the cape. nice to hear from you. I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm scheduled soon but I'm sweatin the fact that I still have a few lbs to go and they don't want to budge! I still feel confident that I can do it but if I had any doubts before I sure don't now!!! I may have to start the liquid diet to do it.but I've never done it.:) I've been told that Dr. Bram won't budge on what he wants and WILL pospone the date if I don't make it. that would really screw things up for me with the timing. yet, the head hunger, stomach hunger and every other dammm hunger coming my way is just so......strong!:) I feel like I've never dieted before! Do you know if they will let you leave the hospital without an escourt? I need my sweetie here to take care of everything, got lots of pets. I feel sure Ill be able to drive, I have a history of good, fast recoveries. I will ask on Tues.

:help: I can't figure out how to get my ticker. I created it, but can't put it anywhere.

Cindy