Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alvarez Or Aceves...help Me Decide

It has been crazy here, heat wise, so far this summer. It won't phase me a bit, I am sure!

Just applied for my passport today. One more step closer. :rolleyes:

My surgery is the 14th with Dr. Lopez. I will be across the border in California. I think that any surgeon you choose will do a great job. That being said my surgery is 4700.00 for the sleeve. I believe that I is a special price and is going to run through July and August. I used a company called alighterme. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using VST

Do either of these surgeons offer an insurance policy for any complications that may come up and require further surgery or is that something we should purchase state side? Insurance does not cover anything like that according to my recent dr. seminar. Can you purchase it state side without being involved with a state side dr.? So many questions!!!!

I just got mine done from Dr. Alvarez... I adore him. They put you in a hotel beforehand' date=' you stay 2 days in the hospital and after they put you in another hotel... all included. They have such a great program and it was really great. I don't know the other doctor but I'm sure he is great too. I just felt so at ease with Dr. Alvarez and his program. I'd call both doctors and get all the information and decide. Not sure if you've already done that but I'd do that and see what you think. I'm almost a week out, yay![/quote']

Is ur stay for surgery two full days? Also what happens whenever there is an emergency? Do I have to go back n get treated by him or would ur primary pcp be able to take care of u? Sorry for all d questions but I'm also in d primary stages of this decision.

From what I understand your pcp takes care of you stateside. I'm new at this too made my decision to go with Dr. Alvarez.

Is ur stay for surgery two full days? Also what happens whenever there is an emergency? Do I have to go back n get treated by him or would ur primary pcp be able to take care of u? Sorry for all d questions but I'm also in d primary stages of this decision.

With Dr. Alvarez u stay two days and if there is an emergency u can return back to him free of charge and he will take care of the problem. Ur pcp may or may not take care of it, it depends on ur insurance. U will be taken care of with dr. Alvarez for sure. Great person and good heart.

I just got my sleeve on Thursday 8/02 with Dr. Alvarez. I cannot say enough good about this man or his staff. I have been very well cared for here and I have been in very little pain. When I woke up, I had to ask my hubby if they did my surgery, there was No pain. I got ice chips this morning and they took my pain meds off so there is some gas pain and very slight incision pain ( the one they take the tummy out of is most painful). I have been walking and at 5 PM they started us on Water. I have a lot of new tummy gurgles!! No nausea at all, praying that I don't get any either!

Dr. Alvarez is a wonderful surgeon, he makes you feel so at ease. He was definitely the most perfect surgeon for me. His hospital is an older facility but very clean and they make you feel at home. His assistant, Jessica is wonderful, as well as his assistants. My experience has been wonderful!

With Dr. Alvarez u stay two days and if there is an emergency u can return back to him free of charge and he will take care of the problem. Ur pcp may or may not take care of it, it depends on ur insurance. U will be taken care of with dr. Alvarez for sure. Great person and good heart.

Hi :-) I don't know if you are going for surgery right now or just visiting. I was just there on Monday to meet the Dr. Alvarez and see the hospital. It was a great experience I must say! Dr. Alvarez was really down to earth and is really patient. My surgery date is Sept. 3rd and very much looking forward to it now. All the best to you!

I just got my sleeve on Thursday 8/02 with Dr. Alvarez. I cannot say enough good about this man or his staff. I have been very well cared for here and I have been in very little pain. When I woke up' date=' I had to ask my hubby if they did my surgery, there was No pain. I got ice chips this morning and they took my pain meds off so there is some gas pain and very slight incision pain ( the one they take the tummy out of is most painful). I have been walking and at 5 PM they started us on Water. I have a lot of new tummy gurgles!! No nausea at all, praying that I don't get any either!

Dr. Alvarez is a wonderful surgeon, he makes you feel so at ease. He was definitely the most perfect surgeon for me. His hospital is an older facility but very clean and they make you feel at home. His assistant, Jessica is wonderful, as well as his assistants. My experience has been wonderful!

[/quote']

Glad to see u up and doing well! I was wondering how u r ? Yay! U did it! Please tell him I said hello :). Update when u can. Get some rest before u leave tomorrow .

you all make me miss it! LOL