Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bottled Water

At my support group last month, the topic of Water came up and some of the members reported being able to drink only certain kinds of bottled water - one said she could only tolerate Fiji. I don't have that issue - I can drink any kind of bottled water; however, I'm wondering what other people out there like. Do you buy the store brand? I picked up 24 bottles for $2.71 at CVS. Not bad, better than my tap at least.

At home, I have a 32 oz Rubbermaid container thing that I fill up with my sugar free mix and tap Water. However, the other night, I spilled strawberry Crush water all over myself b/c I wasn't being careful. I'm considering looking for another container, but I know I want one that shows measurements.

At work, I drink bottled water. For some reason, I just find it easier. I'm odd.

Then again, I don't care for the taste of plain Dasani or Aquafina. If I'm going to drink plain water, then I prefer it to be spring H2O.

I prefer Aquafina but that's because when I had my Water tested, I had them test my bottled water too, and Aquafina was the purest of the bottled water I had tested. But will drink Arrowhead and Crystal Geyser too. I do have to flavor it with mio or diluted with Gatorade low calorie. Regular water does have a kick to it in my stomach. Go figure. :)

I can choke down any water...however I like the Dasani, Ozarka and Smart Water the best. Kroger had the 20 ounce bottles of Smart Water on 10/$10 and you get 5 free. Normally they are $1.50 each..or more..so I bought 30 bottles and I will be going back tonight to get 30 more. I am trying to drink 120 ounces a day so that is 6 bottles a day. I may have to get more...

Sadly, we don't have Kroger's around here, because that sounds like a pretty good deal. We have a local chain called Woodman's that has some decent deals on Water - the kind I buy there is Niagara. Dasani isn't bad. Like a lot of us, I add in flavorings (usually) to my water. I like the diet Nestea as well. I haven't tried Mio yet but I love their commercials. :)

Speaking of flavorings, I find that Crystal Light gives me seriously awful heartburn!

So, I've been drinking the SF packets of Walmart grape flavor and have found at the Dollar General Hawaiian Punch Orange Ocean, Lemon berry Squeeze, Berry Limeaid Blast as well as Crush strawberry and Grape.

I know I look funny when I go into the DG and buy 20 boxes of drink mix at a time!

I'll drink just about any bottled Water as long as it's ice cold. Right now I'm sipping "refreshe" purified drinking water which is a Safeway brand. Their label says "lightweight bottle, less waste" but the bottle is so flimsy that I keep crushing it when I pick it up...lol

I've tried different flavors of Mio and just don't care for any of them. I can't seem to get the amount right. Seems like it's either too weak or too strong. Most of the time I stick to Crystal Light lemonade or their orange sunrise. I also like to mix the tropical punch with the lemonade half and half. My family likes this flavor combo too.

http://www.ewg.org/reports/BottledWater/Bottled-Water-Quality-Investigation

Walmart brand contained carcinogens, and event traces of things like tylenol?

I have read several reports that ranks Nestle Pure Life one of the top including this one

http://shine.yahoo.com/green/best-and-worst-bottled-water-brands-2436818.html

1. Pure Life Purified Water (Nestle), EWG grade = B

2. Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water (Nestle), EWG grade = C

3. Aquafina Purified Drinking Water (Pepsi), EWG grade = D

4. Dasani Purified Water (Coca-Cola), EWG grade = D

5. Deer Park Natural Spring Water (Nestle), EWG grade = D

6. Ice Mountain Natural Spring Water (Nestle), EWG grade = D

7. Ozarka Natural Spring Water (Nestle), EWG grade = D

8. Poland Spring Natural Spring Water (Nestle), EWG grade = D

9. Zephyrhills Natural Spring Water (Nestle), EWG grade = D

10. Crystal Geyser Natural Alpine Spring Water (CG Roxane), EWG grade = F

Here's another site that tells you a lot about different brands and more information regarding "spring water"

http://www.myspringwater.com/SpringWaterInformation/LeadingWaterBrands.aspx

I don't do bottled Water. Fortunately, my tap water is fine. When I want something more I use Mio's mango/peach flavor. It is superb. It is the only water flavoring I need.

reading the stuff about bottled Water makes me sick. I have been wasting my money on bottled water and it's worst than my tap! Yikes. Oh well, lesson well learned, I need to research more products that I eat. :)

Zero Water drinking filtration system, a glass-lined or metal reusable container -- no plastic due to the dangers of BPA (estrogen mimicking) especially when bottles get frozen, cold, or warm (in sun). Plus it's better for the environment, less waste, and over time cheaper. Sure, on the go I'm fine with picking up a bottled water if needed, but they never come into my house. Too many studies, frightening!!!!