Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Days Post Op- Dead Tired

I was sleeved on 6/12 and due to go back to work next Monday. I have no idea how when I can hardly take a shower and drink a shake. I'm thinking of extending my leave for another week. Thing is I didn't explain my surgery when I left and I work at a hospital. How do I call and say I have no energy without explaining the reason? Thoughts? FYI I feel guilty because work is so hectic....

Did you use their insurance or did you self-pay? Can you get a Dr.'s note.. If you have any lifting I think that would be way too hard. I was sleeved on June 4th and I honestly think I would have a hard time going back to work next Monday. Good Luck. ps - did you have a hernia repair or adhesions removed during surgery? If so, why not just explain you had a hernia repair and some adhesion issues. This is what everyone but my parents and husband and son has been told. It's the truth, I just left out the sleeve part of the surgery.

Although my work did know I was having surgery I was also not well enough to go back to work. I Called HR & applied for short term disability, it was fast & no problems @ work. I figured better to go back fully well then maybe have to leave after returning. Work is able to plan better with a known timeframe. Good luck, started getting better after 3 weeks for me.

I was sleeved on 6/12 and due to go back to work next Monday. I have no idea how when I can hardly take a shower and drink a shake. I'm thinking of extending my leave for another week. Thing is I didn't explain my surgery when I left and I work at a hospital. How do I call and say I have no energy without explaining the reason? Thoughts? FYI I feel guilty because work is so hectic....

I'm so right there with you ! Im due back at work Monday & I'm a nurse with a full schedule of patients that day . I've already had several co-workers text me & ask me if I'm coming back Monday b/c it's been so crazy . I also work as a nurse educator at my second job & my supervisor from there just called & asked if I could get back by Tuesday ? I just don't see it happening . I see my surgeon tomorrow & I'll see what i can do at that time . I think Mina has some great ideas . I would just tell them adhesions & repairs . I hope we get our energy back soon !

Call your doctor and tell them how you really feel and that you need some more time off work to feel 100% bak to yourself

Thank you everyone! Yes I just don't see it happening! I went to the store yesterday and had to sit on the bench for awhile before I could even go in! I am going to let them know tomorrow and have my dr fax over an extension. I feel like I'm playing hooky but I suppose I never took care of myself properly and that's why I got here in the first place. A few people at work do know and I'm afraid I someone said something to someone else. I guess it's best not to lie and just say its personal. I'm not required to tell-- so I really shouldn't care- right?!?!

Thank you everyone! Yes I just don't see it happening! I went to the store yesterday and had to sit on the bench for awhile before I could even go in! I am going to let them know tomorrow and have my dr fax over an extension. I feel like I'm playing hooky but I suppose I never took care of myself properly and that's why I got here in the first place. A few people at work do know and I'm afraid I someone said something to someone else. I guess it's best not to lie and just say its personal. I'm not required to tell-- so I really shouldn't care- right?!?!

I think this is a very personal issue . If you don't want to tell you don't have too . I'm thinking my co-workers would much rather me come back 100% than have to leave them in the middle of a shift .

I agree. It's a very personal thing. If u don't want anyone knowing don't tell. The only people that know I'm getting my surgery is my husband and mom and that's it. If all is good after I'll let my brothers know cuz they can use it to

Talk to HR and tell then your dr extended your care and you need another week. I took 3 weeks and I have a desk job. I'm so glad I took that 3rd week. I needed it to get my strength back. It's best to get well now and have any issues later. Good Luck!