Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Donna that's for acid reflexes right.?? Just type in the type of surgery and you will find it good luck keep me posted I have surgery on August and.like you can't wait but I'm nervious. Going by myself .

Thanks girls I'm going to check it out now.

thetruedream, who is your Dr.

i had my surgery with Dr A oct 31 2011 i went alone and i am done 80lbs as of today so 35 lbs to goal. He is great and most of all the staff are great. I plan on going back for plastics in a year or so. I would do it all over again. The key is to get up and move and sip sip sip Fluid and walking is going to make every thing so much better. I was up walking a few hours after my surgery and every time i woke up that night i would get up and walk around up and down the stairs..i wish every one the best of luck..

Thank you and congrats on you journey sweetness2005.. you know that feeling we have before surgery.. the " should I" or "is it safe.?" Just that little voice that keeps bothering you. Lol I'm ready just nervous that's all but I wish days go by faster. I got my stuff packed I just need some good slippers and sunglasses..lol

Thank you sweetness, I love hearing success stories.

I'm so ready!! but I'm also getting a little nervous too. Not about Dr. Almanza or even Mexico... Just the drastic change. Soooooo Ready!!!

So am I! I can't believe it is almost time. It seemed so far away for so long!

So am I! I can't believe it is almost time. It seemed so far away for so long!

Shange we have less than 2 weeks!!!! It did seem like it would take forever but it came quick for me.

I will arrive in SD on the 8th. I will be meeting my mom and sister there at about 10 am and spend the day and night with them. I haven seem my mom in 9 months. She moved to Mesa AZ 2 years after her partner died of cancer. They were togther for 32 years. I was used to seeing her at least every week. It has been rough being without my "stepmom" and now my mother. I really dont know which I'm more excited about, seeing my momma or getting my sleeve!!!! She will be coming to TJ with me and then back to OK for 2 weeks. WooHoo I'm like double excited.

Are you coming alone? Mom & I will be staying in the guest house since I'm having the extra procedure done. Dr A wants me to have a nurse 24/7.

Ya know, i've just been doing what I should. I haven't really worked out much - just being more active. I threw out my back so I haven't been able to really do a whole lot. Anyway, following the post-op diet, lots of Water, lots of Protein and I'm doing well! I don't really avoid anything I want - just have a lot of things i don't want anymore haha.

I make sure i don't overeat, always make sure to eat protein first. Lots of Vitamins (I go with the Gummy ones, they go down easier) - Oh! and orange juice and bananas! Every day, a glass of trop 50 orange juice and a banana. Keeps the potassium levels up! Very important to avoid cramps, etc.

I'm so excited about my progress. I feel like my old self again. I'm nowhere near my goal, but I'm so much closer than I ever would have been.

i was sleeved on the 7th of june also with dr. almanza and i would do it again in a heart beat. matter of factly he did like 9 sleeves that day and from my knowledge we all are doing fine they have an excellent facility. like said before people play dirty for wrong reasons. if i have to be sleeved any where in the world i would choose almanza and his staff at jerusalem surgery center ten times again. i was sleeved with johanna and we were well taken care of .

Shange we have less than 2 weeks!!!! It did seem like it would take forever but it came quick for me.

I will arrive in SD on the 8th. I will be meeting my mom and sister there at about 10 am and spend the day and night with them. I haven seem my mom in 9 months. She moved to Mesa AZ 2 years after her partner died of cancer. They were togther for 32 years. I was used to seeing her at least every week. It has been rough being without my "stepmom" and now my mother. I really dont know which I'm more excited about, seeing my momma or getting my sleeve!!!! She will be coming to TJ with me and then back to OK for 2 weeks. WooHoo I'm like double excited.

Are you coming alone? Mom & I will be staying in the guest house since I'm having the extra procedure done. Dr A wants me to have a nurse 24/7.

Hi Donna,

It really has come more quickly than I expected.

I arrive on the 8th also. I will be coming alone and will be staying at the guest house as well. I toyed with staying at the hotel, but I think life will be easier at the hotel. I also will get to socialize!

I am so thrilled that you will be able to spend time with your mother and sister. I am very sorry for the loss of your step-mother. I would imagine it would be extremely difficult to miss both her and your mother. I hope that your mother is healing well in AZ. Thirty-two years is a very long time.

I look forward to meeting you and your folks!

Hi Deborah, how are you? How are you doin? I have been thinking about our sleeve group...how is your aunt and daughter?

Johanna

Donna & Shange

Good luck to both of you on your surgery. Can't wait to hear from you both.

Johanna

Yippee... I am 6 days until surgery with Dr. Almanza. Getting a bit nervous, but ready to do this! Good luck to you all on your journey! :)

I've read nothing but good and have 2 friends that have been there with him and they are doing great. I can't wait to go!!!

Me too !! See you there!