Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am really happy to see the scale move. I am wondering when will I feel normal again? When will the pain stop? The area in my chest in the middle between my breast is sore pain full and feels like it moves when I'm laying down. Then the right side of my stomach is tender and sometimes feel like big knot. And When will I be able to eat? I am great with Water and milk watered juice...(liquids) but I can find meal that I good with. So when (how long) when can I eat again?

Are you on an antacid? They really helped me with the chest pain. I can tolerate liquids and foods. I just feel like I ate a huge meal after about 4 bites. I hope things get better for ya soon!!!

I was surprised that i gained a pound I'm only 2wks out Tuesday ..i was waiting on the stall...but not to gain a pound. Plus i get my Fluid and Protein a day..someone please tell where i am going wrong..

I had surgery 5/21 (a lap band to sleeve revision). I lost 30 in 2.5 months preop. I have lost 15 in the first two weeks postop, but have gained 1 pound in the last 13 days. I am trying hard not to be discouraged and feel like once again a weight loss method that did not work. I have to remember I lost 45 lbs in 3 months and my body does not know what to do. I too have followed directions to a tee. I know this will work in the long run for all of us new and stalled.

Please don't be discouraged by a pound or two gain, especially early on! Your weight can fluctuate by several pounds within the course of an average day, depending on your Fluid balance/load, time of month (hormones!), Constipation, etc.

As you already know (it's easy to know in your head, but harder to "know" emotionally, I understand)....your body is learning to adjust to this radical new way of life. You have to give it time to adjust. And daily weigh-ins can be counter-productive to our motivation and emotional health. I KNOW it's hard not to step on the scale. You want positive feedback that you're doing it right, and you want to "nip things in the bud" if you doing something wrong. I get it.

But if you feel you MUST weight yourself each day, then be ready to "roll with the punches" when it goes up or down more than you expected. We are all in this for the long-haul. Whether you're a fast loser or a slow loser, the end result will be the same. You will reach your goal and maintain that lovely new weight as long as you stick to the program. Protein first, then veg, then carb (if you have room). Lots and lots of liquids, and keep that body active!

Fast losers get the positive reinforcement of seeing the weight loss faster, but slow losers often benefit from having less saggy skin, requiring less cosmetic revision later on.

Whatever your path, it is YOUR unique path. Try to be "zen" about it and accept the pace you are on (stalls and speed-bumps included).

We are all headed down the same path, towards the same goal. Some of us are at the beginning, some of us are at the end, many of us are in between, either sprinting, strolling, or taking a short "breather" along the way.

So I'm back in the hospital. I started having issues on Friday that I started vomiting. So I wasn't able to eat or drink. My Dr. Admitted me. In the morning they are doing a procedure with putting a ballon down my throat so I can swallow. Any way I'm just miserable....