Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Want To See How Much Loose Skin You Have? Get In The Pool!

My upper abdomen looks okay. Okay enough to actually wear a bikini top, albeit with board shorts. Anyway, I got in the pool and poked the right side of my stomach. There was this slow motion ripple from one side to the other like slapping a bowl of Jello. It was so weird that the kids kept asking me to "Do it again!!!"

Then there is the lower abdomen. I tried jump up and down. As I went up, it went down. As I went down .... well, you get the picture.

I look a lot better, but there are some issues to be addressed and I'm not even done loosing weight. Anybody once opposed to plastics and then reconsidered?

I have and would be opposed to plastics to do small vanity things. The risk vs. return is not worth it.

Having said that, I should mention I was once in a situation that required extensive reconstruction to my face, over a long period of time. I cannot complain it was never like you see it sometimes - it wasn't burnes or cancer but alot of cracked bones, the part of the jaw that held my teeth suffered extensive fracturing in several areas - I fought a losing battel for a decade to keep several teeth. A prt of my cheek bone is a prosthesis.

People say you can't tell, but I can - I "see" it still.

With that said, let me explain. Extensive reconstruction, even when it is correcting things that go beyond cosmetic, beyond "vanity"...you MUST, or really should, face this with as much effort as you put into the weight loss surgery. You are going to need it.

It is an emotional event, and the results are profound. If it was like my experience, you are going to have to deal with alot, and depending on how ready you are, it will be hard.

But the lose skin and maintenance I already experience, is an indication to me that I will indeed have to make myself ready for thar once again.

It is scary, aside from the extensive modification of my body, I have concerns of remembering things that I have been able to push to the periphrial part of my memory...things I really don't want to visit again.

I will be getting plastics but when I look into pricing here is the US, I'm astounded. I will be going to Mexico! There surgeons are just as good as our surgeons. :)

I have and would be opposed to plastics to do small vanity things. The risk vs. return is not worth it.

Having said that, I should mention I was once in a situation that required extensive reconstruction to my face, over a long period of time. I cannot complain it was never like you see it sometimes - it wasn't burnes or cancer but alot of cracked bones, the part of the jaw that held my teeth suffered extensive fracturing in several areas - I fought a losing battel for a decade to keep several teeth. A prt of my cheek bone is a prosthesis.

I can't tell at all from your picture. A friend of mine had a broken jaw (from a fight) and I remember a girl who had to have her jaw broken purposely to reset her jaw correctly. Both had their jaws wired shut and both were in pain. Sorry you had to go through that.

I have droopy skin on my upper arms, inner thighs, breasts and the aforementioned abdomen. The upper abdomen and everything else I can deal with. The lower abdomen or panni is a different story. It is not only disfiguring, but painful and not hygienic. It is getting to the point of ridiculousness. I'm not going for the 360 degree cut like I've been seeing and not even a Tummy Tuck. Just the panni and that is enough. I'm just hoping it won't be worse than the two open abdominal surgeries I've had.

That said, I hope the boobs firm up a bit. I can stuff them in a bikini top, but they tend to want to malfunction and spill out the sides.

I will be getting plastics but when I look into pricing here is the US, I'm astounded. I will be going to Mexico! There surgeons are just as good as our surgeons. :)

True, but if there is a problem, a U.S. citizen would have very little legal recourse. Also, what would my insurance do if there were complications? Would I have to pay?

I believe they are just as good, but there are things I would have to consider.

True, but if there is a problem, a U.S. citizen would have very little legal recourse. Also, what would my insurance do if there were complications? Would I have to pay?

I believe they are just as good, but there are things I would have to consider.

These are great things to consider, but overall, if there is a problem, I would just have to go to the ER and be treated. I will have to check into what my insurance company will cover. I know that if I had the sleeve in Mexico, Here I would have to go to the ER for any complications and my PCP had told me that if I went to Mexico that he could do the follow ups. But I had the surgery here bc my insurance company paid for it. :) This is a dilemma to thin about. :)

Cataracks if I'm heard that if our excess skin is causing us pain or rashes that our insurance might cover that procedure. This might be something that could help with a panni. ;)

Boy this is so true about going the the pool. I am not really in that boat yet as I have so much to lose, but there is a guy who walks the lazy river when I am there doing the same at the gym and I tell you, he has enough excess skin for another whole person. I am not sure if he is done losing or not. I feel proud of him for the loss and I feel for him on the extra skin issue.

I'm just impressed with the bikini top... you gooooo!!! x

You might consider India. Supposed to be better hospitals and doctors than us, and u will go to a deluxe recuperation facility by the beach for a fraction of our prices.

For me, plastics will not be optional,. I live in Texas, where it fets over 100 in the summer. If I dont have it done, Im looking at lifelong skin infections and breakdown.

You might consider India. Supposed to be better hospitals and doctors than us, and u will go to a deluxe recuperation facility by the beach for a fraction of our prices.

For me, plastics will not be optional,. I live in Texas, where it fets over 100 in the summer. If I dont have it done, Im looking at lifelong skin infections and breakdown.

What would the flight cost I wonder???

I'm just impressed with the bikini top... you gooooo!!! x

Yeah? Wait until you see part of it try to slide out. LOL. I have to keep a tight rein on those puppies.

Cataracks if I'm heard that if our excess skin is causing us pain or rashes that our insurance might cover that procedure. This might be something that could help with a panni. ;)

I'm already on it. I've been to my dermatologist and complained about the rashes. He gave me cream of course. My insurance says the panni must be below the pubis and it must cause complications like rashes and back pain. I think I've got it covered. The rashes aren't bad, but I already have the beginnings of osteoarthritis in my lower back and it's causing some pain. I'm already starting to document things.