Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did I Make A Mistake In My Clear Liquids Stage?

I am 4 days post op. feeling good. Some pains. And stiffness but other than that I'm ok.

I am on clear liquids until my 2 week check up. This morning I was hungrier than these usual 4 days and make my Protein Shake with silk soy milk instead of Water. I wasn't in pain but I was full drinking 8 oz instead of the 16 I made. That was at 9:30 am. I sipped on water and power ads zero until 4:38. I don't want to call my doc because he went off on me for using a straw!!!!

In your first stage how did you make your Protein Shakes? ??

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'll be watching the answers to this. I am pre op and didn't know that Protein Shakes were even on the clear diet stage.

hope somebody puts something i get sleeved on tues

No, you did nothing wrong. The powder in the shake is so much heavier than soy milk there is no way that the soy milk could be the culprit. Your stomach is still irritated & swollen. 8oz is actually a lot this early on. I actually mix 1serving of protien mix with 4oz soy milk. If I feel like a treat I throw a cup of ice in it and put it in the blender.

BTW protien shakes are not a clear liquid.

Your good...no worries.

I made mine with milk.

Ensure makes a new clear protien drink....I haven't tried it yet, but my aunt loves them (she's into Protein drinks now that I have to do them, so supportive)

Also the Isopure is clear....

hope somebody puts something i get sleeved on tues

I get mine on Tuesday, too!!

Some docs consider Protein Shakes clears if they are made with Water. I was on full liquids since being released from the hospital not sure your doc would be ok with it but you're fine!

Follow your doctors orders but I am on full liquids since day 4 post op. that includes milk w my protien shakes, small curd lowfat cottage cheese, grits, cream of wheat and yogurt.

You're fine. I was on shakes immediately post op. I also used straws with no ill affects. Of course it is always best to take the advice of your doctor above that found here.

I get mine on Tuesday, too!!

thats awsome good luck

every Dr does something different buy I was on clear liquids for 4 days then could add drinkable yogurt day 5-7 and then start full liquids days 8-21

clear liquids- broth, Gatorade, pedyalite, diluted apple juice, Protein Water, Popsicle.

Full liquids- Protein Shakes, creamy Soups No chunks.

Called my doc. I have to add Water or juice to my Protein shakes not milk. Ugggh. It is so obvious that all surgeons have different ways to I am on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks then pureed food. My doc sent an email reminder to me to make sure I stay on clear liquids and I follow everything he says in the book he provided. That book is a HuGE 3 ring binder. lol. Sleeve Bible is what I called it.

anyway thanks for all of your post

I appreciate the supprt on this site.

u are doing fine. i am 3 days post op and using skim milk. my paperwork from nutrition actually says to mix the Protein with milk. my problem is that i am already tired of the shakes.< /p>