Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

150+ Weightloss.....no Cosmetic Surgery Needed?

Not yet lost 100 and I do plan on getting work...sorry if that sounds negative. :/

I think that is a tough question to answer. It depends upon how much extra skin you, personally, are comfortable with. I'm close to 120#, but I am going to assess at my 2 year surgiversary as to where I am at. I work out a lot hoping to tone my muscles enough where I won't need additional help, but I am guessing I will do some.

I have a turkey neck and I don't know if any exercises that I am comfortable with doing to solve this area. I don't want to look like a meat-head weight lifter, so ...

I am at nearly 100 pounds down and will not need any at all.

Thanks for your responses guys. @Pdx you are totally right but hey you know just generalizing..... I am currently working out and doing light weight lifting to tone muscles up before surgery.

I think it really depends heavily on genetics, sorry to say! I will probably want some kind of lift or Tummy Tuck, but I have skin that just doesn't stretch back that well. However, if you have more resilient skin, you might be fine. It might also have to do with how sensitive you are to the extra skin. I think some people wear Spanx and get on with their lives, while others feel that it really bothers them. For me, I feel like it might be worth it to get surgery, but I am still on the fence!

I am at nearly 100 pounds down and will not need any at all.

YOU GO GIRL! You look so pretty in your new avatar pic :)

I think it really depends heavily on genetics, sorry to say! I will probably want some kind of lift or Tummy Tuck, but I have skin that just doesn't stretch back that well. However, if you have more resilient skin, you might be fine. It might also have to do with how sensitive you are to the extra skin. I think some people wear Spanx and get on with their lives, while others feel that it really bothers them. For me, I feel like it might be worth it to get surgery, but I am still on the fence!

Sooo true about the genetics. Some people can gain so much weight and lose it all and nada, not even one stinkin stretch mark LOL good for them!!! That was not the case for me :(...I'm the gal with the spanx and movin on with life :D LOL...My dream surgery would be a lower body life.

I think age and genes have a lot to do with it

Oh yes and age too for sure...

I'm at -100 and I would definitely consider plastics, but on the other hand I'm not 100% unhappy now. The tummy skin is the worst, but I'm also not a goal yet, so I'm like Lila...basically undecided. I wear the Flexees tanks every day and sometimes I resent it but most the time I forget that I'm wearing them.

Where'd you get the tank from?

I buy them at Kohl's on sale or if I lucky I find them cheaper at Ross/TJMaxx!!! I have about 10 of them in different colors and I just found out that I fit in a medium. I started out wearing them after I had lost about 35-40lbs and was in a 2XL. So happy that the Med. fit. I need to buy more in the smaller size now. lol

I've lost 160 and I think I've done quite well in the skin area. Again though, lots of factors go into it - namely age (which I'm not SUPER young... lol), ethnicity, I always kept fully hydrated, non smoker, ate healthy and well balanced, working out... and I think LOTS of luck.

I had some Lipo (body contouring) done from my knees to my waist and I've had breast augmentation. But that's all at this point. I do plan to do more, but not rushing. I'm actually happy with myself right now. I'll assess again in about a year from now.

Good luck!!

I swore I wouldn't do plastics earlier in my journey, and now I'm thinking that I might. My tummy is shrinking, but not really absorbing yet, so it may be on the block later. I definitely think I'm gonna have to do something with my breasts. They are NOT faring well in this journey. Thank goodness for good bras!