Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2012 Sleevers Post Op Check In

Wow I am losing super slow huh? I had surgery on the 7th but have only lost 13 lbs :( Is anyone else losing slow or am I doing something wrong? Still on a full liquid diet for another week.

I lost 28 lbs my surgery was June 12 my Dr said its normal for guys to lose quicker then woman so you not doing anything wrong Hang in there

Hi everyone! I was sleeved on Monday, June 25. I spent one night in the hospital. My surgeon said I did well w walking, drinking etc and asked if I wanted to stay or go home. I chose home! On full liquids now and doing okay. I, like many others here, have trouble getting in all of my fluids and Protein, but I'm diligently working in it! Sonic ice chips are my friend!! Glad to see people checking in.

Hi all' date=' we are coming up to the end of the month when all of our group will be sleeved! YEAH!

Overall doing pretty well. Since going to mushies have thrown up 3 times. Can't get much in.[/quote']

Hope ~ Are you doing better w your mushies?

Sleeved on the 26th and got out today. Pain is OK and taking on fluids OK. Looking forward to some creamed Soup on Saturday.

Bit of a problem with my temperature post op but it came down overnight hence why I got released today.

I was sleeved on June 20, it's still hard to believe all that anticipation and I am now 8 days out. I believe I have felt every possible good, bad or indifferent feeling there is. I do hold onto "it gets better", but I cry daily. I'm going back to work Monday, praying I can hold it together, I have an amazing husband whom was sleeved on the 13th of June, who has been holding things together. I have 5 amazing kids and a great family, but this by far is my most difficult challange in life. I suffer from mdd and I have not got back into my medicine regiment, scared that I have withdrawn so much why bother. I say all this just to say something, cause its a hard journey. I hope to look back in a few weeks and say, wow I've come so far, I have so far to go and I wish everyone the best in their journey!

Sleeved today. Feeling ok for now(knock on wood). Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes. Thay are greatly appreciated.

I was sleeved on June 20' date=' it's still hard to believe all that anticipation and I am now 8 days out. I believe I have felt every possible good, bad or indifferent feeling there is. I do hold onto "it gets better", but I cry daily. I'm going back to work Monday, praying I can hold it together, I have an amazing husband whom was sleeved on the 13th of June, who has been holding things together. I have 5 amazing kids and a great family, but this by far is my most difficult challange in life. I suffer from mdd and I have not got back into my medicine regiment, scared that I have withdrawn so much why bother. I say all this just to say something, cause its a hard journey. I hope to look back in a few weeks and say, wow I've come so far, I have so far to go and I wish everyone the best in their journey![/quote']

I felt like you the first week. But now I feel amazing. I suffer from depression but honestly exercising releases natural indorfens (sp) and each day gets easier

Nine days post op and I decided to start up my exercise routine that I was doing before I was sleeved. I had been biking anywhere from 5 to 9 miles at a time and when I walked I was actually up to about 5 miles and increasing!

So I walked. In the Texas heat. With Water. I'm 2 minutes off my pace walking, and only got 3 miles in before turning back to the house. I get 3.46 miles in, in 1:02:56. I feel slow and really out of the shape I was getting into.The only weird things were that I felt I guess gas during the last portion of my walk, but I was taking in water ok.

Here's a link to my route: http://www.mapmyfitness.com/workout/144945533

Nine days post op and I decided to start up my exercise routine that I was doing before I was sleeved. I had been biking anywhere from 5 to 9 miles at a time and when I walked I was actually up to about 5 miles and increasing!

So I walked. In the Texas heat. With Water. I'm 2 minutes off my pace walking' date=' and only got 3 miles in before turning back to the house. I get 3.46 miles in, in 1:02:56. I feel slow and really out of the shape I was getting into.The only weird things were that I felt I guess gas during the last portion of my walk, but I was taking in water ok.

Here's a link to my route: http://www.mapmyfitness.com/workout/144945533

I'm in Texas too...be careful in all this heat and drink lots of water. Congrats on your lifestyle change!!!

Posted this on the other thread, but wanted to on this one as well!

I was sleeved June 11th. As of today down 30 lbs. 56 lbs down total since starting my journey (see signature).

My doc was also Dr. Aceves, He did my band surgery too last year.

I had some issues 2 day post op with severe reflux in the hospital but it was due to the area where my band used to be, it was super swollen after removal. At about day 4 post op it finally subsided and I haven't had any reflux issues since.

I am never truly hungry. My head hungers LOVES to rear it's ugly head though... some days are better than others, but for the most part it still drives me batty. Like today I would KILL for a cheeseburger. LOL Like - Cut. A. B*tch. For a cheeseburger. haha But truly I am not HUNGRY.

And due to that I am having a hard time getting enough calories in. I am averaging about 200/day currently. My Protein intake isn't where it needs to be but doc said not to worry about it too much right now.

And to whomever said they had issues with the Calcium chewable pills - ME TOO!!! They make me gag and want to vomit!! So now I break that big thing into 6 pieces and just swallow them. Way easier. I've also learned the hard way to NOT take the plethora of Vitamins that we have to take on an empty stomach. Cause if I do I will end up dry heaving and having nausea. This morning I had about a tablespoon of applesauce before taking them and didn't have any issues. B)

Surgery June 11th - feeling good but weak. Having a hard time getting liquids in- only about 30-40oz a day. Lost 16lbs, but honestly not sure if it's the surgery or lack of food. Surgery Dr. Yanamula Kaiser South Sacramento.

Sleeved on June 27th and feeling pretty good so far. Having some soreness, but not really pain, per se. Trying to get in my walks (in 100 degree heat, oh my) and Water. Not feeling any hunger, just trying to remember to sip, sip, sip.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Sleeved on June 27th and feeling pretty good so far. Having some soreness, but not really pain, per se. Trying to get in my walks (in 100 degree heat, oh my) and Water. Not feeling any hunger, just trying to remember to sip, sip, sip.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Great to hear from you. Glad to hear everything is going well so far!

Eric

I am 4 days post-op today... I guess I'm doing pretty well, minus some common side effects: low to no energy, difficulty getting enough Protein, soreness, head hunger. I did have a good amount of pain and nausea the first few days, haven't taken pain meds since Wednesday and anti-nausea meds since Thursday. I did have some dry heaving about 36 hours post-op. I was only in the hospital one night and did have a good amount of upset stomach and pain while there.

I REALLY want some real food right now. I'm still on Clear Liquids until Monday, which is my first post-op appt. I'm already planning my meals for next week! lol pureed is going to be so much better than liquids. I'm having trouble finding Protein Drinks I like. I haven't been as good with walking as I should be... I have such low energy and sleep a lot. Plus, it's been near or at 100 degrees this week in SW Ohio so I refuse to go outside! I'm really curious as to how much weight I've lost but I'm still over the weight limit on my parents' scale (where I'm staying for now). Ain't that a b*tch?!

I love hearing how everyone else is doing since I don't know anyone else in my "real" life who is going through this!

Wow I am losing super slow huh? I had surgery on the 7th but have only lost 13 lbs :( Is anyone else losing slow or am I doing something wrong? Still on a full liquid diet for another week.

There are many factors that go into how quickly or slowly that we lose weight. Things like your age, your starting weight, your sex, your genetics, what and how much you eat, the amount of exercise you get. Anyway, I think you get the idea. The great news is you have lost weight and you are heading in the right direction. Just keep on keepin' on and you will get there.

Congrats on your weight loss so far and best of luck to you as you continue this journey.

Got sleeved on the 29th. No pain meds today. Just walking and sipping trying to get my liquids in. Just gas right now but it's bearable. Hate these compression socks. How long did y'all wear them? I have to wear until my post op check on thurs with my dr. This is beautiful country in costa rica mountains for my recovery