Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op Size Vs Post Op Sizes

So I thought it would be cool to compare sizes (clothing). We always post weight progress, however as a women I tend to think well what size do you wear. So my stats are as follow:

Pre op highest size: 20w (Ashley Stewart, lane Bryant)

Current size: 18 (non plus size such as ny&c, Ann Taylor) 14/L in tops.

My highest size pre op was 30, and I even had a couple of 32 tops.

I now wear a 20!

Pre-op highest 30/32W (4x) (catherines, avenue, catalogs)

Current 22W (2x)

I'm only 5'0" so pre op was xl or 1x shirt 12-14 pants and right now 4 months out I can wear Med. shirts and 8 pants. I still have about 25-30 to lose.

I'm only 5'0" so pre op was xl or 1x shirt 12-14 pants and right now 4 months out I can wear Med. shirts and 8 pants. I still have about 25-30 to lose.

I bet you are just cuter than a speckled pup in a red wagon!!! :lol:

Hahaha that's the funniest thing I've heard in awhile ;) thank u. I'm looking forward to getting to goal of 135. I just started exercising last week so I hope I can get there SOON!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am going to take some side by side pics of pants and tops and post them, as soon as I have free time at home! sooo...next year?

I was at my largest probably in (about-ish) 2005. I stopped weighing in just below 300..but got bigger. I dropped to 280 for a couple of years, and then high 270's that fluctuated a bit(+/_ 25 lbs somethmes) - but no signifigant loss.

I am currently in a size 36" waist jeans. :')

I was a women's size 36 (5-6X) last September. Could only shop online and in Catherine's. I'm now wearing (4 mos out) size 26 pants (2x or 24 if they have some stretch) and a size 22/24 top! I know that's the starting point for many here, but I couldn't be more excited! I just realized 2 wks ago that I now can shop in Macy's, Coldwater Creek, etc. Haven't shopped in a dept store for clothes in so many years I can't remember the last time! Unfortunately, I'm going bankrupt shopping for a whole new wardrobe!

This time last year I was a solid size 20 pant and a 1x or 2x top, now I am a size 8 or 10 pant and a size med top.

I'm 6'2" and started in a tight 26/28 preop. Currently wear 10/12/14 depending on the brand and item of clothing (top bigger than bottom, thank goodness). Went from 3X/4X to L.

Shoes, started 12W, currently 11.5M or N, depending on the shoe. I still wear mostly 12's because finding 11.5 is so flipping hard!!

I decided before my surgery that I was only going to buy pants from the same store until I was at or close to my goal weight... the point being to avoid the up and down that sometimes happen when you shop in different stores (14 in one, 16 in another, etc). That always killed me!! I already had size 24's and 20's from old navy, so that's what i stuck to.

My highest: size 24

My current: size 4

I could wear the size 4's on a regular basis, but I don't have the money to buy them so I'm stll wearing my sixes. I have to dry them on hot now though!!

I started in a size 20 pant and a 2x ( sometimes 3x) top. Now in a size 12 pant and a L shirt...loving it!!!! About 40 more lbs to go....if I could get off my 2 week stall! Doesnt help that aunt flo is here, sure I will start losing again this weekend...hopefully! Keep up the good work everyone!

i was in a 24 pants from Lane Bryant 22 3x tops (some were tight) now i am in an 18 pant and XL in misses or even some L in misses tops. im pear shaped.

This time last year I was a solid size 20 pant and a 1x or 2x top, now I am a size 8 or 10 pant and a size med top.

I just can't wait till i can say the same thing!! When you are a size 22 you never dream of actually being a size. 8... i just can't wait!!

Starting size.. very tight 24s 2x 3x

one month later size 22 don't know about tops i still wear the same one's.. need to go garage sale ing

I just can't wait till i can say the same thing!! When you are a size 22 you never dream of actually being a size. 8... i just can't wait!!

Starting size.. very tight 24s 2x 3x

one month later size 22 don't know about tops i still wear the same one's.. need to go garage sale ing

I know!! I can't believe it when I go shopping and can just pick up an 8 or 10 and count on it fitting. I still gravitate towards the 18/16 stuff and then have to tell myself " nope self you are not that big any more" LOL