Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Hardest Thread of My Life

Lisa, I am soooo sorry for your loss. I know that you hear is just breaking. Remember that VooDoo is probably giving the angels hell right now. Know that he will never hurt again, never be afraid again, because he can be at your side 24/7. (((hugs))) If you need to talk you have my number. ~Mandy

Oh God you gave me goose bumps. I am so sorry for your loss. My animals are one of my greatest joys.

I am so sorry for your loss!! People who do not have fur babies can not comprehend the impact that these loving babies have. May time heal your broken heart. With deepest empathy and sympathy M.Ellen

This poem was given to us when we lost our 16 year old black lab baby.

It came out of a bird dog journal. We framed it with his picture. I hope this will help you in your grieving process- it is soooo hard.

May I Go?

I didnt want to go at first, I fought with all my might

But something seems to draw me now to a warm and loving light.

I want to go! I really do! Its difficult to stay,

But I will try as best I can to live just one more day.

To give you time to care for me and share your love and fear.

I know you're sad and are afraid because I see your tears.

I'll not be far, I promise that and hope you'll always know

That my spirit will be close to you wherever you may go.

Thank you so for loving me, you know I loved you too.

That's why it's hard to say Good-bye and end this life with you.

So hold me now, just one more time, and let me hear you say,

Because you care so much for me, you'll let me go today.

Lisa, I feel your pain. Still grieving my couch buddy "mouse"...not the same without him. I am glad you have other pets as do I. Life without pets is no life at all (in my oppinon).

Lisa,

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose our furbabies. My sympathy to you.

Losing a pet IS losing a member of the family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

His lil box just got back to the vet & I have to find a way to pick up my lil boy and bring him home without cracking up. I'm sure this is what makes people crazy. Thanks for being here.

This just breaks my heart. :cry I've buried a few of my best friends. I had a poodle that I grew up with....he lived 17.5 yrs. They become part of who you are. Glad you have another dog around. I just recently told my DH I wanted to get another lab soon b/c Malley is 6 yrs old. I can't stand a house without a dog. It just wouldn't be right for me.

Holy crap 3loves! 17.5 years?? That puppy had a good long life!

Lisa... thinking of you as you do soemthing so difficult.

God spelled backwards is Dog. Even though my heart feels like it's ripping, I was more fortunate than most people because I took 4 days off work to spend with him - some people aren't that lucky. I lay in bed and buried my face deep in his thick, shiny fur for hours and days; we ironed out his silky ears with our fingers and whispered in his ear. Daddy too. We cuddled and hand fed bits of anything he wanted. Daddy even cooked him his very own steak on the grill when he was still able to eat.

He was worth every last moment, every last cent, every last tear. But we can't think of ourselves or our pain because other babies need us. I checked out the shelter for a baby Pit for Sachi, and I was shocked at the horror stories about abandoned Pit bulls - there are as many as 60% Pits in our shelters at any given time that are used for fighting and breeding then dumped. When Sachi's ready, it will be a Pit baby.

We got an American Staffordshire and love her to pieces. They are in the pit family but not used as often for fighting. Here is a pic of her , she is a shelter baby...Love Ya' Lisa, Mandy

Sad but true, and there are alot of rules in owning a pit in some areas. Like we have to report to our home owners to see if they will cover/ and alert our H.O.A.....

It's sad, but I think its a good thing because you have Ars holes like our neighbors who this summer got busted for "chicken fighting" ... I know they train their pit to fight, even THEY are afraid of it... It's very sad :)

We have only had a cat, Ostarta. She was our baby and we are just now thinking about getting another pet. (2 years later)

We have lots of B~Day and Holiday Photos with Ostara in them, she even had her own B~Day and I made her tuna cakes shaped like fish :)

I would like to get a Mini-Pin and mt Hubby wants a Boxer-Bull Mastiff mix, OR a full sized Pin.

Hugs,

Nana~

Mandy, why aren't her nails painted pink? That pic is just what the doc ordered, really. She looks lots like Sachi, and I often worry that I'll wear Sachi's snoot away from kissing it too much.

Nana, I can't even write the things I wrote about Pit torture. Right now is so hard because 3 of us close gal pals all lost our babies within a week. And to make matters worse, my friend's pet chicken was just badly injured in a dustdevil (mini desert tornado.)

Okay, I need to dig up some courage now and go to the Vet to bring my angel's ashes home to set next to Kitty Milo... doG give me strength.

God spelled backwards is Dog. Even though my heart feels like it's ripping, I was more fortunate than most people because I took 4 days off work to spend with him - some people aren't that lucky. I lay in bed and buried my face deep in his thick, shiny fur for hours and days; we ironed out his silky ears with our fingers and whispered in his ear. Daddy too. We cuddled and hand fed bits of anything he wanted. Daddy even cooked him his very own steak on the grill when he was still able to eat.

This was almost too sad to read and brought tears to my eyes. He was very lucky to have such wonderful owners. I too took time off work to be with my baby. I'm sure he took his last breath knowing how much he was loved.

Drews ~ Yes, we had him for 17.5 yrs. I grew up with him.