Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanted to polish my toe nails & tie my shoes. 7 weeks post op & guess what? I CAN!

I want to buy really cute leather boots that aren't made of stretchy material. I also am looking forward to riding on a plane and not being worried that I will have to ask for a seat belt extension.

They have fat seats? I never knew that!

They don't call them that but at Universal Studios the have the Large seats...after waiting in line for a long time...when I got the the seat belt pullover didn't fit. I had to get out of that line and get in to the larger seat line. It was very embarrassing!

To be identified as "the funny one", the "smart one" or even the "dumb one". Just something other than the "fat one."

To feel "at home" in this body.

To have confidence that I will live to see retirement.

When I started this thread it seemed that there were so many things others take for granted that I longed for and it made me feel like I was on the outside looking in, but now I see I'm not alone and I'm so happy to see Ur posts. I think I can relate to everyone so much more now

To be off of blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetic, and reflux meds...number ONE!

Being able to have comfortable sex with my husband (no breathing difficulties because my fat breasts are shoved up under my chin)...I know, too much info, right?

The obnoxious teenage clothing...would LOVE to go try those on, but probably would not be really my style...just fun to try on...lol

I would love to wear a dress that doesn't have to go to my feet to hide my cankles.

Just to name a few...

• To go to open house at my childrens' school and not have to stand in the back of the room alone because I can't fit in the desk.
  • To buy clothes that don't make me feel "matronly"
  • For my hairdresser to be able to spin the chair without me having to use my feet to turn it
  • To walk--anywhere for any length of time

LOL, Tibbie! I'm sure he'll be rolling his eyes when I show up with neon green waders to match my pole! :)

LOL And isn't that PART of the point. The best part is when all the guys looks at you and <_< - and then you get one of the line and show them you know EXACTLY what you are doing! You are not some sissy girl from the city (no offense to the city girls that are out there! :P ) - makes me laugh. They always look at me like I don't have a clue - then I get in the Water and start to fly fish and they realize I DO have a clue! LOL :lol:

Neon green and Pink??? So you don't want to actually CATCH fish, but scare them away instead?? hahahahaha :lol: my husband won't let me stand near him if I'm not wearing nature colors while he's fishing. ;)

Yeah - thats what they always think until they see me in action! hahahaha

And funny - my boss said the same thing when he saw my waders! LOL

Tibbie, You guys are cracking me up. I don't fish, but now I may start...

I love this topic. I can't wait to wear a bikini so I don't feel so separated from the Water. I can't wait for my husband to flip me around like I'm tiny. I can't wait to play with my son on the beach for hours. I have plenty more :)

Tibbie, You guys are cracking me up. I don't fish, but now I may start...

Heck yeah! come join us SN!!!!! Its fun AND fashionable! :D I must admit - I am a slave to fashion!

I can't wait to look and feel fanfreakintastic for a change when my son gets married next spring!

I'm loving this so much and laughing like mad. I couldnt imagine being stuck on a zip line or anything like that, and it is funny in retrospect but I'd have been freakin the heck out. My # one thing I can't wait to do is ........ walk without my sexy companion dressed in red.... my red walker. I dont have to use it every day, but I do need it more often than I'd like. Once I lose weight and take some of the pressure of the nerves in my spine I believe the spinal stenosis will no longer rule my life :)