Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March And April Sleevers How Are You Doing? What Are You Really Eating? (Confessions)

today we had a BBQ to Celebrate my son's bday. we usually put on a big spread and this year was not exception. i ate little bit of this and that. my dad cooks a mean tri-tip, which has always been my favorite. i took a tiny bite and found that it was only ok, so i took another bite, chewed it up and had to spit it out. it made me fill sick!! i stayed away from the cake while we passed it out. when i cleaned the kitchen, i had a very small bite of the corner of the cake. now i am sick and can't get the sweet taste out of my mouth! it is such a change, my taste buds are not agreeing with the foods that i liked before. i know that i am not eating as much and that i am more than likely not eating enough calories, but i still have that mindset that if i eat more, i will not lose weight. since i have been on a plateau for just over two weeks (26# in just over 6 weeks), i guess that mindset is not correct. i have made the resolution in my mind to increase my caloric intake and to definately increase my Protein. i also must continue with my exercise. this past week was rough and i didnt get in what i should have.

anyway... now that i am done rambling i would like to wish everyone a happy memorial weekend! BE SAFE!!! :D

I wish my taste buds would have changed, only 2 things are not so fantastic and they are white castle ( i only ate the meat but it made me sick) and most cream Soups make me want to vomit... but that is it sadly

Hi

Sleeved 13/3 and I am down 44 pounds.Am in a loooooong stall.Hope it will break soon.By the way,before surgery I would read about stalls and secretly think its the people that "cheat" that stall.....that it would never happen to me because I will be good...hehehe.

I had to humbly swallow my arrogance and I have to be patient through my very real stall.

Bet you somewhere out there, there is a pre-opper thinking the exact same thing.lol

Great going everyone.

Was sleeved on 4/10. Eat mainly Protein, milk, vegis and fruit. I'm down 42 pounds. I have eaten a cookie and a 1/2 dairy queen kids ice cream.

RMS,is that 42 since day of surgery?Our dr. Didnt put us on pre-op diet at all so my weight is since day of surgery. (trying to figure out if I am slow...lol)

I am a March Sleever and so far I can only eat about 4 to 5 oz at a time so I make sure it is Protein and veggies first. I have no appetite for anything starchy (Breads, potatoes, rice, Pasta, etc) cause it feels like rocks in my stomach and expands and hurts my sleeve. I am very happy on how my eating habits have changed and I barely needed to try. :)

9 pounds is pre-op

Ok,great loss thoughM

Hi fellow sleeves I have a question . I was doing good no pain and can now eat regular food since tomorrow will 6wks post op for me but for the past 2 days I have been noticing a twinge on my left side has anybody else experienced that. Twinge is the best way I can describe it . It doesn't bury enough for pains mess or Tylenol and its not constant

I was sleeved on 4/23 and I'm okayed for all foods but I had my sleeve remind me that it's boss when I got excited about some grilled shrimp. It came up and my stomach hurt for the next day and a half. I've learned my lesson and completely backed off of meats. Had a half of a veggie burger w/ cheese and ketchup and mustard (no bun) and even that was a little uncomfortable going down. I have had a love affair with sugar free popsicles and had the audacity to try a low sugar "creamsicle" which did not agree with me either. I feel like a kid who keeps sticking her hand toward the cookie jar only to get it smacked! The only real cheat I've had was a corner of my daughters pound cake which stayed down and a half of a cracker with a soft cheese spread... Living and learning...

I was sleeved on 4/23 and I'm okayed for all foods but I had my sleeve remind me that it's boss when I got excited about some grilled shrimp. It came up and my stomach hurt for the next day and a half. I've learned my lesson and completely backed off of meats. Had a half of a veggie burger w/ cheese and ketchup and mustard (no bun) and even that was a little uncomfortable going down. I have had a love affair with sugar free popsicles and had the audacity to try a low sugar "creamsicle" which did not agree with me either. I feel like a kid who keeps sticking her hand toward the cookie jar only to get it smacked! The only real cheat I've had was a corner of my daughters pound cake which stayed down and a half of a cracker with a soft cheese spread... Living and learning...

I guess that's all we can is live and learn. It's like we have to learn our bodies all over again.

I was sleeved April 17 and I am down 28 pounds!! One problem that I do have is burping!!! It's annoying I eat something n I start burping, does anyone else have this problem? N I drink pepcid

I was sleeved march 8th..went from 203 on surgery day to 166 today! I am dropping clothes sizes like flies! Lol. I eat one egg with melted chedder on top for Breakfast. If i have coffee, i add a scoop of Isopure powder andsplenda. lunch is a slice of chedder cheese abd 2 slices of deli chicken. snack in afternoon is maybe a greek yogurt or nuts . dinner is some kind of chicken or whatever my husband made.. I just eat the protien part of it. I dont even want to eat all the carbs i used to eat:)

I was sleeved on 3/13/12 and am down 53lbs - all post op! Went from a size 22W to an 18 misses. So far I feel pretty good!! I stay away from carbs and eat mostly Protein based foods. I have cheated - I am not perfect!!! - but I always regret it and my body always tells me when I've done something bad! I do have one problem though - I have trouble eating with a group of people (even my own family). I eat Breakfast and lunch alone. I eat dinner with my kids and partner. Breakfast and lunch stay down just fine and dinner comes right back up 50% of the time. I think I try to keep up with everyone - and I can't keep up with my 5 year olds! I eat appx 2 to 3 ounces per meal and that stuffs me full!

I was sleeved 3/13.

Started 260

Day of surgery 250

CW 217

So 43 pounds altogether. I am losing slowly but steadily. I can tolerate almost everything except tuna and hamburgers. The first 2 weeks on solids I was vomiting frequently due to overeating and eating too quickly. I still over eat too quickly more than I should but I'm working on it. I have had the toughest time getting Protein in since going to mostly solids. I try to do a Protein Shake daily but even that's tough sometimes. I keep saying I'm going to do better with working my sleeve :-/. I'm grateful for my weight loss so far.