Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I had that massive lump feeling in the middle of my chest for 5 days after my surgery. Couldn't burp it up. I found walking and lifting my arms up and down made it go away for awhile. Must have been surgical gas.

On my post-op visit, my surgeon told me to take MOM as I hadn't gone and didn't feel the need to. Worked like a charm and my barrel-shaped torso went down considerably, too.

I'm a little disappointed. I was looking forward to advancing to liquids after my post-op visit. I bought the cookbook, went shopping for ingredients and made and froze 5 different Soups in 1/2 cup containers.

Not to be. 2 weeks of 3 Protein shakes/day. No apple juice, no broth. Oh, well, like the pain and discomfort, this too shall pass.

Feeling better everyday,

MC

I cant believe its been 2 weeks!! I go tomorrow for my 2 wk follow-up. Per my nutritional sheet I get to start mushies- I HOPE!! Im with Bjean and momofmany- Dont screw up what was so hard to come by. The band is a gift, one I gave to myself and I intend to make the most of it. Thats not to say I havent been HUNGRY or tempted- by the smells but if I go and get what Im allowed it passes!! I get so full by drinking a Protein Drink ar even having 1/4 cup plain yogurt with Protein Powder.< /strong>

September bandsters are almost done!! Good Luck !!

gonnabethin: I sure hope you get the green light tomorrow to begin mushies. It helps a lot. I did have one day after starting mushies that I was ravenous all day! I think I managed to ingest 1300 cal. only using the s/f, f/f foods on my list!

You'll find, I think, that you are still going to feel pretty restricted. But having more satisfying and tasty food helps. I was able to actually move to real foods yesterday and even salad today. I thought I would have trouble with a little salad, but I chewed until there was nothing left and it was fine. It was a simple salad of romaine, carrot coins and celery. I also had a very small portion of Pasta dressed with olive oil, Tomato sauce, garlic and basil. I could not get the basil broken down enough to swallow it, though.

I have always been a huge chicken lover, cooked any way. I can't eat it well at all now. I had no trouble with well-cooked salmon, but chicken gives me an actual pain in my tummy and also in my chest.

I probably shouldn't be talking so much about food here, but I'm hoping that it will inspire you to know how quickly you will be able to move on with no problems. I'm still losing weight now, but just ounces a day instead of lbs. Oh well, my health is at stake and that is the most important thing. Just so long as I keep losing!!

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you. Let us know how it goes!

My port still hurts also, its been 8 days. You can't even touch my skin near it, its a sharp pain. The pain that I feel is a constant pain all day and night, so I'm not sleeping much, nothing takes the edge off of it. I'm on a antibiotic, have been since I got out of the hospital but nothing seems to help. I can't even have clothes touch the area.

I get that same lump in my threat, like my chest is caving in.

I go to the doctors today, so I'll have to see what he has to say.

I guess I'm not healing like everyone else :)

Hi, I had no catheter. I just don't feel the urge to go. I make myself go every hour, but I have to push, no natural urge at all.

Keep in mind that if you are not getting enough fluids you may not feel as though you have go. We now have to drink a lot of Water and fluids to keep hydrated.

Okay, I found my scales and weighed yesterday. Five days after surgery, I have lost 13 lbs. I weighed again this morning and am down 2 more. I am so excited. I saw another post from a lady banded on the same day as me and she too had lost 13 lbs as of yesterday. Wow, what results. I didn't think I would see them so fast, but I guess the change in diet and lack thereof will show dramatic results. :)

WHOOOAAAA. Dont get too excited. It will slow way down then you'll be posting that your not loosing. Remember alot of that is Fluid weight. It is exciting to see the scale move. Dont weigh everyday. I lost my 10 pounds the first 5-8 days then the scale has not moved- which I expected from reading everyones posts.

Good Luck and it is fun!!

I will not weigh every day. I just had to weigh again this morning because I know night weight and morning weight are different. I do plan on losing big numbers though. I plan on getting back to my exercise plan which is cardio and weight lifting. I lose a lot doing that. I am excited. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

I am in my first week and I have lost 4 pounds, but I know better than to weigh myself before the 7 days are up. I did before surgery and thought I had only lost 10 pounds because I weighed on Monday and when I went in on surgery day I had lost another 6 pounds, that was a Wednesday. I guessI could have been heavier than Monday. I was on Medifast for 2 weeks w/o anything to eat before hand. I was on them for 2 weeks before that, but I got one meal a day. So, basically by next Wednesday I have been on liquids for 6 weeks. I am telling you my self control is starting to SCREAM! :help: LOL :faint: I am going to hit the ground and go into mushies early!! I am staying strong right now, but I tell you, this is hard!!!

hi Erin S,

We got banded on the same day!

I'm going to see the surgeon today for a checkup, but I am just not healing I think as everyone else. The site where my port is hurts not stop, like a sharp ache all day and night, its hard to sleep, no meds help me fall asleep, I have been drinking everything that I am supposed to be drinking plus the Protein they tell me to drink, which I love (Carnation, sugare free w/skin milk). I still don't have that sensation to urinate, so I'll ask him today what that is all about. I make myself go and I have to push. I was never like this before, even if I didn't drink much before, I still always went to the bathroom, even twice in the middle of the night.

I haven't weighed myself, I have no scale yet.

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well. Way to go Butterfly! Keep up the great work.

I am so upset this morning. I say to myself I'm not going to get caught up on the scale. However, I do. On Tuesday, I was 3 weeks post op and down 14lbs. I weighed myself today and I'm up 2. How the hell can that be. I'm only eating about 600 calories per day and working out on the bike 4 days per week. I don't get it. I am getting so frustrated. Why is this happening. I'm not due for my period for another 2 weeks. So why is this happening? Can my body be in shock and just wants to hold on to the weight?

Someone please explain this so that it makes sense. Everyone seems to be losing so much weight in the beginning. My daily diet consists of 1 cup of lo cal oatmeal in the morning, (160 cal) Protien drink with quarter of banana (130 cal) for lunch and Soup or stewed cauliflour with lo fat melted cheese on it. (250 cal) That's what my diet consists of. That's not even 600 calories. Do I need to eat more?

Regards to all,

hi Erin S,

We got banded on the same day!

I'm going to see the surgeon today for a checkup, but I am just not healing I think as everyone else. The site where my port is hurts not stop, like a sharp ache all day and night, its hard to sleep, no meds help me fall asleep, I have been drinking everything that I am supposed to be drinking plus the Protein they tell me to drink, which I love (Carnation, sugare free w/skin milk). I still don't have that sensation to urinate, so I'll ask him today what that is all about. I make myself go and I have to push. I was never like this before, even if I didn't drink much before, I still always went to the bathroom, even twice in the middle of the night.

I haven't weighed myself, I have no scale yet.

You know, I was thinking. Do you have Type 2 Diabetes? I have that and I don't urinate nearly as much as I was. I was getting up in the middle of the night and everything. I would feel the urge to go as soon as I got up. I am now not going as often. I am feeling the urge every once in a while, but definately not as much as before. I have been off my meds for 3 weeks now! I can't believe how much overeating had a role in my diabetes, really it is pretty sad.

About your port. I might have pulled or ripped a stitch on my port at work on Tuesday. I was having stabbing pains in the area. I am still having them when bending over or sitting up from a lying down position. I was told to baby myself for another couple of days and go back on Monday. :faint: I am telling you, if I didn't have the leave I would have been to work!! I am tired of being at home. I know that my husband would have been mad if I didn't take that advice though. LOL

Well, good luck to you today!! I pray that it isn't anything too horrible.

Erin

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well. Way to go Butterfly! Keep up the great work.

I am so upset this morning. I say to myself I'm not going to get caught up on the scale. However, I do. On Tuesday, I was 3 weeks post op and down 14lbs. I weighed myself today and I'm up 2. How the hell can that be. I'm only eating about 600 calories per day and working out on the bike 4 days per week. I don't get it. I am getting so frustrated. Why is this happening. I'm not due for my period for another 2 weeks. So why is this happening? Can my body be in shock and just wants to hold on to the weight?

Someone please explain this so that it makes sense. Everyone seems to be losing so much weight in the beginning. My daily diet consists of 1 cup of lo cal oatmeal in the morning, (160 cal) Protien drink with quarter of banana (130 cal) for lunch and Soup or stewed cauliflour with lo fat melted cheese on it. (250 cal) That's what my diet consists of. That's not even 600 calories. Do I need to eat more?

Regards to all,

My doctors office says that after the liquid and mushy food stages you should be on real food. No more Protein Shakes. They say to eat a 3 oz can of tuna and some veggies for lunch and make sure you are having 3 meals and 2 Snacks a day. I am thinking you might not be getting enough calories. They gave me a range from 800-1100 calories a day. And our ARNP at the office says that you should only weigh yourself on a set day every week. There is no point in setting yourself up for disappointment. She says that that is the way the scales work, some days are different than others. She said 7 days is the perfect time. No more and no less. They want me eating 50 grams of Protein a day!! I am not sure how that is going to go when I get to the real food stage, but we will see. I hope this helps. :confused:

EM1125: Sounds like you are definitely not getting enough food to me. Your body may have reached a point where it thinks you are starving and it has gone into "store everything" mode. I ate probably 1100 cal. yesterday and hadn't lost anything for several days prior to that. This morning I was down 2 lbs.

I do agree that weighing everyday can set you up for not being as successful, but I thought I'd keep track pretty much every day until I get my first restriction.

Good luck. Other than what the scales say, you sound like you're doing fantastic!!