Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

It is flying by now :D

McZoo, they took me off my blood thinner (NSAID) 2 weeks before and my PCP told me to quit even sooner. I don't really understand the blood thinner shots since we are not immobile at all. I am not a medical person though. Seems like lots of people have to do them.

ICandothis...I was just pointing out that our time is almost here!! Whoo-Hoo!!! 6 days for me :) 5 till we leave for TX

Dr. Alvarez actually gives us injection of Heparin after we are under for surgery to help prevent any clots from forming.- just a precaution.

Our days are really starting to move faster now. I am so sorry I dont get to meet you Allnewme but atleast I do get to meet Icandothis.

Dr. Alvarez actually gives us injection of Heparin after we are under for surgery to help prevent any clots from forming.- just a precaution.

Our days are really starting to move faster now. I am so sorry I dont get to meet you Allnewme but atleast I do get to meet Icandothis.

I did not know that he does that. At least I am asleep and won't know it! Thankful for that as I HATE needles.

I am so sad that I cannot meet you too. We both will hopefully get to meet ICandothis and that is great :D I am very ready for Wed. to arrive so I can begin my journey to MX. So glad that I am finally getting this done.

I did not know that he does that. At least I am asleep and won't know it! Thankful for that as I HATE needles.

I am so sad that I cannot meet you too. We both will hopefully get to meet ICandothis and that is great :D I am very ready for Wed. to arrive so I can begin my journey to MX. So glad that I am finally getting this done.

I'm bummed that I won't get to meet any of you. I will however, get to meet mczoo, so I am stoked about that. Also, my sleeve buddy has made contact through email, so that is great as well. It's almost here!!!

Stormwarning, have you heard anything from SweetSusie? I sure do hope that she is feeling better today.

I talked w/ my niece this morning and she is starting to feel better now. She was sleeved here in KC on Tuesday. She sipped almost 8 oz of Water earlier this morning, she said the other days she barely got any down.

Just something to look forward to :rolleyes:

mom_24, we will all have a meeting one day. Maybe next summer we can all make it to Dr. A's reunion. I can try my hardest to get there!

I'm bummed that I won't get to meet any of you. I will however, get to meet mczoo, so I am stoked about that. Also, my sleeve buddy has made contact through email, so that is great as well. It's almost here!!!

Thats great. You will for sure get to meet Mczoo.

Joyce may miss Icandothis, as well as me. I was just looking at the calendar. The days we are expected to arrive are the days they are expected to leave. So we may just miss each other. I hope it doesn't work that way though.

Joyce you are going to do great, and I wanna see if I can stuff myself into your luggage and go early.. PFFT.. who the bleep am i kidding, i couldnt even get one leg into your luggage. OH well it was a nice thought for a brief moment. Guess I will have to just wait my turn!!

it is getting close.....i fly out early Thursday morning.....am with Rosie Friday and Dr sat.....oy.....and I get to meet two of you while walking around....yeah yeah yeah...not to mention my pixie of a friend will be checking on you guys for me.....I had no idea Dr A gave the shot.....lol....I know nothing I just trust him...

Stormwarning, have you heard anything from SweetSusie? I sure do hope that she is feeling better today.

I talked w/ my niece this morning and she is starting to feel better now. She was sleeved here in KC on Tuesday. She sipped almost 8 oz of Water earlier this morning, she said the other days she barely got any down.

Just something to look forward to :rolleyes:

No I haven't heard since yesterday. I was relieved to know it was just strep but dang that is allot to deal with so soon after surgery. She really is a trooper though. I try not to text her phone cause I never know when she is busy working,, so I always wait for her to message here on the boards. Last night I was kinda in my own lil funk so I didn;'t send out a message to her.

So glad to hear your niece is doing well. How did I miss your niece being sleeved? Have been walking in this funk for a few days? Here I thought I was acting pretty normal, hmm maybe Im not.

mom_24, we will all have a meeting one day. Maybe next summer we can all make it to Dr. A's reunion. I can try my hardest to get there!

Yes, this would be wonderful. And Dr. Alvarez has some awesome reunions. I couldn't stay for the one in MAY, my mom had my kids and my lil man was feeling bad so after the seminar, after speaking personally with Dr. A. and Susan we decided to head home. Maybe he will choose to do a cruise again or vegas.

oh i never thought of that.....well i hope we meet!!!!

Thats good to know, i had sent susan an email a little bit ago wondering. There is so many things i do wonder on, like I hear they wrap the legs, is that just with ace wrappings or do they use the leg ones that hook to a machine and inflate and deflate?

Also was wondering I was told they just do the leak test in the surgery now and not the day after like they had been doing where you drank it and they looked at it go through you, how do all feel about that practice? (Talking on what I know of Dr Alvarez, I know each dr does it different) I mean i dont want to drink the die but sort of felt comfortable knowing it was done twice. Susan did say I could still do it. Not wanting to go against what the doctor feels is best but also don't want to get home and have a leak. Sort of surprised they send you home the day you do get to have some liquids, would think keeping you that day would be the important day to see how you react to everything, I know they give you ice chips the second day to see how it is. Don't get me wrong I feel very good about my doctor just a few of these things wondering about and trying to clarify in my head. I do know they said we wont be catheterized.

Does anyone know what they give for pain meds and antibiotics?

Also read so many saying they gained weight cause of all the Fluid from surgery and such so guess we need to prepare oursleves for that and not be disappointed.

Have read lots on women and there monthly cycle, many being on it while there, worry some of that cause I am on mine most the time right now with this menopause but asked Susan on that now in email to.....

Wow so excited for all you that start this in the next week.....

Thats good to know, i had sent susan an email a little bit ago wondering. There is so many things i do wonder on, like I hear they wrap the legs, is that just with ace wrappings or do they use the leg ones that hook to a machine and inflate and deflate?

Also was wondering I was told they just do the leak test in the surgery now and not the day after like they had been doing where you drank it and they looked at it go through you, how do all feel about that practice? (Talking on what I know of Dr Alvarez, I know each dr does it different) I mean i dont want to drink the die but sort of felt comfortable knowing it was done twice. Susan did say I could still do it. Not wanting to go against what the doctor feels is best but also don't want to get home and have a leak. Sort of surprised they send you home the day you do get to have some liquids, would think keeping you that day would be the important day to see how you react to everything, I know they give you ice chips the second day to see how it is. Don't get me wrong I feel very good about my doctor just a few of these things wondering about and trying to clarify in my head. I do know they said we wont be catheterized.

Does anyone know what they give for pain meds and antibiotics?

Also read so many saying they gained weight cause of all the Fluid from surgery and such so guess we need to prepare oursleves for that and not be disappointed.

Have read lots on women and there monthly cycle, many being on it while there, worry some of that cause I am on mine most the time right now with this menopause but asked Susan on that now in email to.....

Wow so excited for all you that start this in the next week.....

Have you watched the video part of your emails? There is a discharge video, medicine video that will explain all the antibiotics and pain medicines.

As far as the heparin I had emailed susan about it the beginning of July. I will copy my question and her response.

I see many people say they are having to do lovenox injections at home. Is this something Dr. Alvarez does with some of his patients? If so, is there a way to purchase these things in Mexico to get them cheaper?

Her response: They start the Heparin before, during and after... you are also up and walking the hallways as soon as you are up to it... you aren't elderly and bed ridden and that is where clots come into play... so you won't need Lovenox injections at home and this is something we don't do. We have never had a blood clot. Walking is the best thing.

If you don't have or cant find the email about the videos PM me your email address and I will gladly forward mine. They are unpublished youtube videos so we aren't able to view them online.

As far as the leg wrappings, yes they are done with ace bandages but I thought I saw someone say that while in the OR they have the auto compression things on ya. Can't be for certain though.

Also is anyone having facial problems with breaking out? I don't what it is, maybe stress, or the new diet but this last week I have started breaking out in my face. YUK. I want it gone.

well Mom_24 I am stealing you as my sleeve buddy to....when I asked Susan about a week ago she said there was someone scheduled but they hadn't paid there deposit yet so not positive there will be any that day with me.

I am just all Sunny happy (well and flippity flopping nervous) inside right now....You are all a fabulous group to be going through this with. Not sure I would ever be able to make it to reunions, ya never know, but feel I know so of you pretty good now and couldn't ask for a better supportive group to go through this with

HEY, I WOULD DRAG YOU THERE IF YOU COULD FIT IN :D I am actually taking my backpack and one carry on so I can bring home MX vanilla. If you have someone coming with you, send them out to get some. It is amazing. I bake cupcakes as a hobby (well, I used to) and it is so good. Much better than the kind we get in US. I like Madagascar vanilla but it is less expensive in MX and just as good.

Have you watched the video part of your emails? There is a discharge video, medicine video that will explain all the antibiotics and pain medicines.

As far as the heparin I had emailed susan about it the beginning of July. I will copy my question and her response.

I see many people say they are having to do lovenox injections at home. Is this something Dr. Alvarez does with some of his patients? If so, is there a way to purchase these things in Mexico to get them cheaper?

Her response: They start the Heparin before, during and after... you are also up and walking the hallways as soon as you are up to it... you aren't elderly and bed ridden and that is where clots come into play... so you won't need Lovenox injections at home and this is something we don't do. We have never had a blood clot. Walking is the best thing.

If you don't have or cant find the email about the videos PM me your email address and I will gladly forward mine. They are unpublished youtube videos so we aren't able to view them online.

As far as the leg wrappings, yes they are done with ace bandages but I thought I saw someone say that while in the OR they have the auto compression things on ya. Can't be for certain though.

Also is anyone having facial problems with breaking out? I don't what it is, maybe stress, or the new diet but this last week I have started breaking out in my face. YUK. I want it gone.

I thought I had read and watched everything I had gotten or ever seen, but it has been a whirlwind of emotions and decisions and finding the right doctor and all so maybe I better set back down and go through it all again, I do have it all saved and printed out..maybe the second time around I will pick up on all that I didn't catch before...thanks