Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Ahhhhh I have knots in my stomach. Surgery is in 6 days. I've been on an emotional roller coaster today. Sunday I'm starting my liquid diet.

August 1st can't get here soon enough!!!!

Well tonight's Soup was a hit, not only for me but the family who scarfed down my bowl sampling it and I had to make them all some.

Was essentially what I have done before. but added some spice and kick to it and the celery really added a nice flavor

Shrimp & Celery Cream of Soup

4 Shrimp, 1/2 stalk chopped up celery

brown in pan with olive oil spray

Chili pepper or chilli pod pepper 1/2 tsp

add couple tablespoons flour mixing to make rue

add chicken granules 1 tsp and 1/2- 1 cup of Water

let it thicken as much as possible. then add 1 cup skim milk and pepper

Put in blender and puree.

hurry and eat before family taste or double recipe for each person :)

This will be one I make a lot when able have full liquids it is around 200 calories, 29 carbs, 14 protien

Wow, Icandothis, allnewme, Stormwarning, its coming up and your the first to head to Dr Alverez wow its all getting so close

(Also all the rest on the first week)

ICandothis...have you checked your ticker??? We are almost there :)

i didn't need it checked???? lets hope it is ok.lol...i fly out thursday...how you doing????

YOU ROCK!!!! I scrolled through that list about 5 times and couldn't find your original date!!!! and wooo hoooo, it's sooner! How'd you pull that one off!?!?!

I just got a call and they said that they had a sooner date and if i was interested and of course i said YES!!! so im super stoked! can't wait!!!!

Found out today I'll be giving myself daily injections (3) of Leptin for 2 weeks. Luckily this doesn't phase me' date=' just wondering of anyone else's surgeon is having them do this? Apparently mine does for all his patients, it prevents blood clots.[/quote']

I am going to have to do the shots too. I don't think it will be that bad (hopefully). I'm going to make my husband give them to me.

I am going to have to do the shots too. I don't think it will be that bad (hopefully). I'm going to make my husband give them to me.

I have to stop my blood thinner a week before surgery.

Whats the shots mainly for, blot clots? I am going through like a bad menopause of bleeding often for last 5 months, has anyone else dealt with this?

Wow... you aren't far at all! Maybe we can meet sometime.... we can meet in the fall for .... I guess it wont be lunch... we can meet for a Protein Shake? :)

Would love to meet in the fall...maybe we could go really crazy and some apple sauce too! lol

I have to stop my blood thinner a week before surgery.

I had to stop my birth control a month before and can't take it for a month after to help prevent blood clots. Sorry hubby but I am not getting pregnant and messing up this surgery.

Whats the shots mainly for' date=' blot clots? I am going through like a bad menopause of bleeding often for last 5 months, has anyone else dealt with this?[/quote']

Yes its a shot of something to help thin your blood to prevent blood clots.

McZoo, they took me off my blood thinner (NSAID) 2 weeks before and my PCP told me to quit even sooner. I don't really understand the blood thinner shots since we are not immobile at all. I am not a medical person though. Seems like lots of people have to do them.

ICandothis...I was just pointing out that our time is almost here!! Whoo-Hoo!!! 6 days for me :) 5 till we leave for TX

McZoo, they took me off my blood thinner (NSAID) 2 weeks before and my PCP told me to quit even sooner. I don't really understand the blood thinner shots since we are not immobile at all. I am not a medical person though. Seems like lots of people have to do them.

ICandothis...I was just pointing out that our time is almost here!! Whoo-Hoo!!! 6 days for me :) 5 till we leave for TX

Joyce, I can't believe it's almost here either! :D