Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Regret Your Sleeve?

I can't wait to get there. I'm 12days post op and hate eating.

So how long before you started eating meat?

I'm 4 weeks out this week as I freaked out about a week long business trip. So that means 3 meals eating out all week. And I work with all men so they want burgers fries steaks you know all that good stuff we "loved" but I have been eating meat all week. BBQ chicken breast has been my favorite. Then shrimp which before I would have never gotten cause it wouldn't of been enough food but now 5 of them and im full. Did try a little ribs and steak chewed really good and went down fine. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Just hard eating 5-7 bites and being done. And that I can't enjoy a beer to wash it down anymore. But with 40lbs in 4 weeks I'm happy and think of that. Plus the guys enjoy eating what I can't LOL.

This was the best choice I could have ever done. I followed everything to the letter I was asked to do.

Started at a size 42 waist a year ago. Down to a 30 waist . Lost 86 pounds. Lost over 80 inches in total between the neck chest arms belly waist thighs

Loss all medications for diabetes high blood pressure and very high cholesterol

Feeling great eating anything I want to eat anytime.

Good luck to everyone

I'm 3 weeks out and i've been eating string cheese, eggs, cottage cheese, sliced deli turkey or ham, Beans, hummus, etc... nothing too crazy, lost 29lbs

M almost four weeks out. I've lost almost 40 lbs. love the weight loss side of things but am frustrated about how slow I have to drink and eat foods. It's driving me nuts. Don't know how I can get any real Protein going even when I can finally start to have some fish this Thursday. Am I just frustrated because it's been over a month since I've really chewed anything? Anyone else have this problem and get over it? Any help? Gum is okay but just wanting to bite into a burger or something.
I was sleeved on 10/1. I am allowed ground protein ie.. Lean ground beef, turkey etc... I just have hard time with eating the amount (3oz) I'm supposed to. I get to full. The Protein Shakes gag me now. I get frequent nausea because I eat and drink to fast. I find it frustrating also. Kind of regretting this whole thing.

I spent my first 6-7 weeks feeling like I was on the cusp of death. I couldn't eat. I couldn't drink. I couldn't stay out of the hospital. I regretted it with my whole heart and soul. I cried. I was so mad at what I had done to myself.

Now, I am 13 weeks out and I don't even feel like I ever had surgery! I eat less. That's it. I can take 3-4 big gulps of Fluid, wait about 20-30 seconds, and take 3-4 more big gulps... and that's how I drink now. I can drink icy cold Water with no sweetners or flavorings in it.... it's heavenly! I never thought I would be to this place but I'm SO HAPPY I got the surgery! I've only lost around 47lbs so far... but that's an average of 3.6lbs each week. I NEVER could have done that myself!

I have a question did you have a hernia fixed during surgery? They had to pull my stomach out of my diaphram and stitch my diaphram during surgery and i had a similar problem for two months. I couldn't get anything in other than Water and blended fruit in water i felt like i was going to die too. i had an upper gi scan and they said it was slow moving through my system and that was the problem. when my stomach finally fully healed it was ok but until then it was hell. I wonder if other people that have similar problems had the hernia fix during surgery?

M almost four weeks out. I've lost almost 40 lbs. love the weight loss side of things but am frustrated about how slow I have to drink and eat foods. It's driving me nuts. Don't know how I can get any real Protein going even when I can finally start to have some fish this Thursday. Am I just frustrated because it's been over a month since I've really chewed anything? Anyone else have this problem and get over it? Any help? Gum is okay but just wanting to bite into a burger or something.

I will say the Protein is always a strruggle as i figured i didn't even get the amount of protein in they say i need before surgery. i found these Protein shakes at the grocery store that have 55g of protein per 15oz can but there 3.50 a piece. but 2 a day would be close to what you need depending on height and the shakes are low in carbs. Fish will be your best friend as it is high in protein and you can have a little more than beef or other types. I recommend getting fresh caught if your in an area that has it as farm raised is hard to stomach after surgery in my opinion. You can't have beef for a little while but what i did to get over that craving for burgers is beef broth and once i chewed on a piece of pot roast to taste the flavor but spit the peice out afterwards. it really helped just to get that taste without swallowing it. i now prefer turkey burgers over beef now as well as turkey bacon.

I had my surgery about 6 months ago and I have the hiatal hernia done as well. That was actually pretty painful for 3 weeks and then still off and on for months. To this day if I move just the wrong way I get a pain in my middle that my doc says is nothing to worry about , just some adhesions. This does seem to be getting better now that I have started some pilates. As far as regret, hell, the first 10 days were not so good but I just muddled through it. The no eating, the oh my god bad breath, the pain, dizziness all gets better. Eventually you'll be eating much more variety and you'll appreciate it. Although at this point I can eat anything, candy, cake, pizza I stick with chicken, fish, steak and some veggies with a bite or two of bread if I'm in the mood. I take a bite of the wifes desert, taste a little bit then set it down because I don't really want it. I now am Thrilled to have had the sleeve and I think many are in that category. There are challenges with eating, working out, drinking, clothing etc but it's kind of fun because the sleeve gives you this incredibly powerful tool for you to use.

Best wishes.

Just had my surgery on Wednesday (11/20/13) and wanted to know what would be good for my 'meals' while on the liquid phase of the post op diet.. any suggestions??? I know I need Water and Protein Shakes but what can I 'eat'?? And is it more important that I try to get in the water and protien shakes down instead of trying to eat?