Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Start At The Very Beginning

Hello Everyone,

I am in the information gathering phase but tentatively planning surgery for mid summer this year. I've been searching for red flags but finding mostly enthusiasm from people that have had the procedure. Overall I am pretty healthy but pre-diabetic and have no desire to go there. A year of low carb eating netted no weight loss and my HA1C actually was higher. That got my attention and I spoke to my physician about WLS. He strongly recommended the VSG so I went to a seminar put on by a surgeon and concluded that the VSG made the most sense. So the journey starts. I've been told to expect about 8 - 10 weeks for approval and probably another few weeks to schedule surgery.

I am feeling positive but keeping my mind open for as long as possible, I'm not looking for miracles but hope to level the playing field a bit and regain weight control for the first time in a long time.

I feel this is the best for me as well. I feel it's dramatic as is to have part of the stomach removed, I DID NOT want my intestines rerouted too. I'll have it done in August. love VST app!

Hello Everyone,

I am in the information gathering phase but tentatively planning surgery for mid summer this year. I've been searching for red flags but finding mostly enthusiasm from people that have had the procedure. Overall I am pretty healthy but pre-diabetic and have no desire to go there. A year of low carb eating netted no weight loss and my HA1C actually was higher. That got my attention and I spoke to my physician about WLS. He strongly recommended the VSG so I went to a seminar put on by a surgeon and concluded that the VSG made the most sense. So the journey starts. I've been told to expect about 8 - 10 weeks for approval and probably another few weeks to schedule surgery.

I am feeling positive but keeping my mind open for as long as possible, I'm not looking for miracles but hope to level the playing field a bit and regain weight control for the first time in a long time.

I see you are in Tucson so am I. I had Dr Galvani he is wonderful and he is at UMC. He did my sleeve on May 3rd I went home on May 5th and I am doing great. He has a very good team. They are wonderful and very helpful.

Keep in touch through your journey also they have a support group that meets every month. There is a support group in town they are a yahoo group :

TUSWLS · TUCSON-Southern AZ WLS Support Group

These guys are great and very informative they have all been through some kind of weight lose surgery one of the gals cam an visited me in the hospital. I felt very comfortable with them and will continue to go to the groups meet ups.

Message me if you want to talk about it.

I love this app too... I was sleeved on feb 13 2012,I did have a rough start but now iam feeling good... And I losted 49 lbs..., And glad I did it... Good luck to ya

I feel this is the best for me as well. I feel it's dramatic as is to have part of the stomach removed, I DID NOT want my intestines rerouted too. I'll have it done in August. love VST app!

The idea of re-plumbing my insides doesn't sound very appealing. The VSG seems more straightforward.

I see you are in Tucson so am I. I had Dr Galvani he is wonderful and he is at UMC. He did my sleeve on May 3rd I went home on May 5th and I am doing great. He has a very good team. They are wonderful and very helpful.

Keep in touch through your journey also they have a support group that meets every month. There is a support group in town they are a yahoo group :

TUSWLS · TUCSON-Southern AZ WLS Support Group

These guys are great and very informative they have all been through some kind of weight lose surgery one of the gals cam an visited me in the hospital. I felt very comfortable with them and will continue to go to the groups meet ups.

Message me if you want to talk about it.

I've been talking to a surgeon on the NW side of town but nothing is carved in stone.

My dr was Dr Monash, his team has been wonderful! I was sleeved 4/10/12 and although I am still recovering, making lifestyle changes and trying to figure out my true size of stomach I wouldn't have changed anything. My friend had Dr Galvin and heard he was good too. Dr Monash speaks to me personally anytime I have a question and is always there to talk without feeling rushed.

The surgeon I spoke with is Dr. Burpee. He's been doing these for about two years and seems to know his stuff. I still go through my moments of doubt but I feel fairly good and I think it's going to be a positive choice. I do exercise regularly even now and intend to continue which, hopefully, will minimize complications. Mainly, I think about the long-term implications and the positive benefits to my health.

I've always enjoyed walking, bike riding, and being active. The times that I've weighed less it's been a lot easier to do so I'm looking forward greatly to losing some pounds, getting more exercise and feeling better when I'm doing it.

love VST app!

I just installed it this morning myself. This is my first day with a new iPad 3 which has voice recognition software so I'm actually dictating with my voice. It's not perfect but it's a lot better than trying to type, in my humble opinion. I was happy with the iPad 2 and hadn't planned on buying an iPad 3, but I won one in a drawing.