Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Glad to hear things are on the way up for you Lila.

Good luck Mimz!

Hello fellow sleevers :) had another rough week last week but it was due to a reaction from the antibiotics nothing sinister. But the last three days have been pretty good and today hey retested to see if he leak has healed... And it looks like it has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been on clear fluids for the past few days- the problems been the diaherrea post eating and vague nausea which is apparently due to not eating anything for so long. But that should settle over he coming weeks too.

The plan now is for me to get off the TPN (IV nutrients ) and hopefully home by the start of next week. The last drain is coming out too!

They have had me on 9300 kJ per day of nutrients but even so I have still managed to' date='loose 17 kg since the op six weeks ago. So I am pretty pleased with the world today :) no prolonged recovery, no gastric bypass- just normal stuff. I will no doubt be checking out with you guys over the coming weeks about " is it normal..." lol

Anyway I am so pleased to have good news to share! Cheers, Lila[/quote']

That's great news Lila! Congrats on the 17!

Thanks everyone,

I'm allowed as much salad and veges as I want of the list but when im at work I only get what i take or its chips and coke...lol. No i havent been near the chip machine, I am just trying to pace myself at work and get a good balance. This is day 2 and I had my blood tests for the op so going straight to bed early last night made it a bit easier with the fasting and not worrying about food.

On another note Im starting to get a lot of questions why Im taking so much time off sick at work and have tried the hernia story but geez there nosey, they were also asking why I was on opti etc etc. Im not a good liar. Even my MIL was asking why I am having so much time of for a hernia and she asked my wife what sort of hernia it was ( I didnt know there was more than 1 lol) she is a nurse. Oh the joys.....I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and im heading towards that losers bench.

Scotty

Hi Scotty, Congratulations on taking this step to regain your life (my first surgeon appointment is tomorrow). I am also a Nurse, so I hope I can help with your MIL issue. There are lots of places that you can get hernias but the the one that fits most closely with "stomach symptoms" is a hiatus hernia. I did some very quick research for you at this website: http://www.medicinenet.com/hiatal_hernia/article.htm , as you will see from the pics the condition is located right in the stomach. The repair surgery is done via Laparoscopy, you can 'fudge' whichever symptoms you can get away with. You could explain the Optifast away as being recommended by the surgeon to 'rest your stomach and improve your time of recovery. I wouldn't go into any more detail.

Alternatively, you could completely knock her off track by telling her that you have a 'testicular hernia' and hopefully even as a nosey nurse (I can say that because I am a Nurse too*lol*) she'll stop asking questions because you are her SIL.

As for the others, only tell them as much as you want!!!! You could just say that you have decided to try to lose some weight and your doctor has recommended Optifast to fast track the early weight loss. End of story!!!!!!

Wishing you an uncomplicated operation and recovery and every gram of weight loss that you want.

One_elle

Yay!! Lila that is some great news!!! I am so happy for you and you must feel so relieved as some good news for once! Plus 17kg down, shows how hard your body has been working to heal for you despite the extra kj they had you on. I hope you can go home as soon as possible and be with your family.

Everyone is losing such great numbers, must be inspiring for all our pre- sleevers on here.

I wonder how Bella86 is....I thought her surgery was Monday? If so I hope all went well bella and you are resting nicely!!

Hi Lila, what a huge relief to hear that your leak has repaired itself and life can start to get back to normal again. Look forward to hearing of your progress along the road to recovery.

Thanks to everyone. I can already see that the biggest problems going to be me managing my eagerness to get the hell outta dodge. But considering where I have been, I think I can manage my own impatience :)

So great to hear from you Lila, and what awesome news, everything is looking so positive and let's hope you get to go home next week.

Great number, it's only going to go down from now.

Hope everything went well Bella.

No surgery date yet. I have been referred to a psychologist and dietician first. A bit disappointed, but I like the fact that he is being so thorough. I just hope the psychologist doesn't screw me over lol!

Hey Mimz, don't be too disappointed, time will pass quickly! I had to see a dietician, psychologist, exercise physiologist and the cardiologist for an ECG and have bloods done. This took around 3 weeks to do them all. Luckily all came back great and cardiologist was happy otherwise I would have had to have the exercise stress test and other things as well. My surgeon wanted me to do all these things and then make another appointment with him when he had all the results. Only then was he happy to make a date. But it's all for the good of your health!

Hey Mimz' date=' don't be too disappointed, time will pass quickly! I had to see a dietician, psychologist, exercise physiologist and the cardiologist for an ECG and have bloods done. This took around 3 weeks to do them all. Luckily all came back great and cardiologist was happy otherwise I would have had to have the exercise stress test and other things as well. My surgeon wanted me to do all these things and then make another appointment with him when he had all the results. Only then was he happy to make a date. But it's all for the good of your health![/quote']

You are so right! I couldn't have the surgery before end January next year so not sure why I was so disappointed, I guess having a date kind of made it real for me, something to look forward to. I will get there.......eventually

Hi Lila - I am so happy to hear that your leak has healed. What fantastic news! It is great that you also lost weight too - you will be out shopping for new clothes in no time!

All the best and I look forward to hearing about your progress once you get home.

Lila, that is fantastic news and made my day :) bet you can't wait to get home and be with your family and so great with the 17kgs lose, absolutely brilliant

You are so right! I couldn't have the surgery before end January next year so not sure why I was so disappointed' date=' I guess having a date kind of made it real for me, something to look forward to. I will get there.......eventually[/quote']

I completely understand! It's exciting once it's all set in stone and you have a date to work with! I had a date in mind for a few months, but i had to wait until my super was approved and in my bank. Funny thing was once I had the money, I couldn't bring myself to book it!! Then when I did ring, my surgeon was going away that week and I couldn't do it. I was so disappointed however I had started my pre-op early so was able to grab an earlier date.

I know that cancer is never funny and I have the most sympathy for all those suffering with it.... But, today my sister, who works with me, let me in on a rumour going around about me. Apparently, I have cancer. I have lost a lot of weight, I had time off work for an unspecified surgery, I'm eating tiny amounts of healthy foods and eating bad foods makes me physically sick. Add to this my exacerbated moodiness (this was news to me), and frequently complaining of fatigue (this is because I have just walked the dog 3km, done a pump class at the gym, then worked a 10hr day) and the only possible explanation is that I'm dying and everybody should be nice to me.

This is how gossip works amongst 100+ mostly women with too much time on their hands.

I know that cancer is never funny and I have the most sympathy for all those suffering with it.... But' date=' today my sister, who works with me, let me in on a rumour going around about me. Apparently, I have cancer. I have lost a lot of weight, I had time off work for an unspecified surgery, I'm eating tiny amounts of healthy foods and eating bad foods makes me physically sick. Add to this my exacerbated moodiness (this was news to me), and frequently complaining of fatigue (this is because I have just walked the dog 3km, done a pump class at the gym, then worked a 10hr day) and the only possible explanation is that I'm dying and everybody should be nice to me.

This is how gossip works amongst 100+ mostly women with too much time on their hands.[/quote']

Amazing what people can come up with when left to their own devices!! I have not elaborated about my surgery with work either but I hope they are not thinking anything like that!! We have 3000+ people that work for the company and it is rumour mill central I tell you!