Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Sue and Aussiegirl- you look amazing! Wish I could have been there! Next time I am in Sydney for work we will have to try and catch up!!!

You both look gorgeous. I would never guess you were ever overweight at all! And the drinks look fab.

Did anyone in Brisbane notice the sunset!? I saw this photo of it on Facebook. Sorry I can't link to the original. It really looked like this.

Yes Misty, I was doing a shoot with our photographer at an acreage property and we captured this lovely sunset too.

Well guys this is it, I just finished my last normal (or should that be abnormal) meal before starting pre-op tomorrow. KFC Fillets box and a Quarter Pounder. Not what I would have chosen if all had gone to plan but a 2 hour delay coming home from NZ put paid to our plans of a family dinner at Sizzler. Kind of fitting really that my last big meal was a combo of the things that put me in the position in the first place.

I am so ready now. I think that my surgery is coming just in time. Have put on an additional 8-9kg since making my first appointment with Dr Nolan, and the past few weeks have been awful. I feel like I have the early symptoms of sleep apnea - just can't get enough breath even when laying in bed sometimes. The feeling in the morning is not much better and I fear that I had a negative effect on my wife's holiday in Auckland because of it. It saddens me so deeply to think that my condition, caused by nobody but me, has now caused hurt to someone I love. Add to that my back has been giving me more grief than ever before and I just cannot wait to get this happening.

Sorry to unload on you all but I don't keep a diary - I guess I needed to spew this all out.

Sue and Aussiegirl- you look amazing! Wish I could have been there! Next time I am in Sydney for work we will have to try and catch up!!!

That would be great! We were actually talking about making a trip to Brissy sometime to catch up with the Qld crowd!

Well guys this is it' date=' I just finished my last normal (or should that be abnormal) meal before starting pre-op tomorrow. KFC Fillets box and a Quarter Pounder. Not what I would have chosen if all had gone to plan but a 2 hour delay coming home from NZ put paid to our plans of a family dinner at Sizzler. Kind of fitting really that my last big meal was a combo of the things that put me in the position in the first place.

I am so ready now. I think that my surgery is coming just in time. Have put on an additional 8-9kg since making my first appointment with Dr Nolan, and the past few weeks have been awful. I feel like I have the early symptoms of sleep apnea - just can't get enough breath even when laying in bed sometimes. The feeling in the morning is not much better and I fear that I had a negative effect on my wife's holiday in Auckland because of it. It saddens me so deeply to think that my condition, caused by nobody but me, has now caused hurt to someone I love. Add to that my back has been giving me more grief than ever before and I just cannot wait to get this happening.

Sorry to unload on you all but I don't keep a diary - I guess I needed to spew this all out.[/quote']

Great news - don't worr

Well guys this is it' date=' I just finished my last normal (or should that be abnormal) meal before starting pre-op tomorrow. KFC Fillets box and a Quarter Pounder. Not what I would have chosen if all had gone to plan but a 2 hour delay coming home from NZ put paid to our plans of a family dinner at Sizzler. Kind of fitting really that my last big meal was a combo of the things that put me in the position in the first place.

Sorry to unload on you all but I don't keep a diary - I guess I needed to spew this all out.[/quote']

oops sent too early - what I was trying to say was don't worry about letting it all out here as this is exactly what this forum is for - I think between all of us we must have covered every emotion!

This op will change your life and all the guilt about food and the negative impact it has had on your life will be a distant memory - you will enjoy food in a completely different way and it just won't have the hold over you that it had in the past. You will feel great when you slip into those size 30 something Diesel jeans and you will never look back!

lessismore - All the best for your journey ahead. Just take one day at a time and view it as one less day to go towards changing your life!

You are so lovely Sue.Thank you for your support.

Brendan, so glad to hear that your real journey is about to begin. The first few days of pre-op will be difficult but the hunger will disappear by about day 3 and from then on it will be easier, plus an added bonus of the pre-op period to shrink the liver is that you will lose weight and may even lose a good portion of the 8-9 kilos you have put on recently. Keep us posted on your progress and good luck. Also if you are developing sleep apnea this should stop it in it's tracks. I had it and was sleeping with a CPAP machine for a couple of years. 6 months after getting my sleeve I was retested and no longer have it or need a machine!! Brilliant!

Hi Brendan.I am on day 3 of the opti now and I have suddenly lost my hunger!! It feels weird! I have struggled for so long to control my hunger and the feeling of lack of fullness.I am a little shaky but I am racing around with two kids and on my feet at work and cooking family meals. I have decided that the headaches and bad breath are good cos it means my liver is shrinking.Thinking of u on yr first opti day.

Hi everyone,

Well I'm finishing my first week of pureed and 1 week to go. I have a question for everyone. Is it normal at this stage to have 1/2cup of food in 20mins? Cause that's what I'm able to do. I'm just worried that I'm eating too much.

Anyway, i'm doing well other than that. Just trying hard to get all my Fluid in. But I'm working on it though

Thanks all. Day one almost down and yeah the hunger is there but it's nothing I can't handle.

Just knocked up some Tomato, onion and garlic in the pan to go with my dinner shake, and I'm clearly no Masterchef. If I keep making a mockery of cookery this is going to be easy - I won't want to eat!!

Hi everyone' date='

Well I'm finishing my first week of pureed and 1 week to go. I have a question for everyone. Is it normal at this stage to have 1/2cup of food in 20mins? Cause that's what I'm able to do. I'm just worried that I'm eating too much.

Anyway, i'm doing well other than that. Just trying hard to get all my Fluid in. But I'm working on it though[/quote']

Hi Bec - it is hard for me to remember but I don't think I was able to get quite that much in at one sitting but what I used to do was eat every two hours. That way I was still getting enough in. I think everyone is different so If you feel ok and you are not pushing it all should be ok. You will know if you eat too quickly or too much because your body will send you some pretty unmistakable messages - like being sick! Just take it easy and listen to your body. I am really glad it is going well for you - well done.

Hi everyone' date='

Anyway, i'm doing well other than that. Just trying hard to get all my Fluid in. But I'm working on it though[/quote']

It sounds fine to me. My doc told me if I hadn't finished that amount within 20 minutes to stop trying and wait for the next meal.

Thanks Sue and Kelli,

I'm feeling better with what I'm eating then ????

Thanks Sue and Kelli' date='

I'm feeling better with what I'm eating then dde04[/quote']

It depends what I'm eating ... If its heavy only a few spoons, if its light I can eat half a cup . Don't stress too much Bec just make sure there very low cal choices . :)