Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

This last little bit of weight loss is weird. It's shown me how fickle your body is.

The last 10 weeks I've had .5 kilo loses with 2 two week stalls thrown in for good measure. It hasn't bothered me because I know with the cals I'm consuming I WILL continue to chip away at it.

Jumped on the scales today( Wednesday weekly weigh day) and BOOM 1.5 kg loss. I haven't done a thing different this week.

So 45 kilo's down' date=' 10 to go ............[/quote']

Hey Dean, congrats on the recent weight loss. We are still waiting for an updated pic. If you have one in uniform I am sure all the ladies would love it! Anyways, Laura has been really missing you so don't forget to send her a copy too!

Hey Dean, congrats on the recent weight loss. We are still waiting for an updated pic. If you have one in uniform I am sure all the ladies would love it! Anyways, Laura has been really missing you so don't forget to send her a copy too!

Hey stranger - how've ya been? :)

I dont think it is just the media but we as Aussies are harder on overweight people than anything...especially when it comes to medical professionals. Any health issue that I had the first response was loose some weight' date=' got the flu, loose some weight, yes I may sound a bit jaded. [/quote']

You don't sound jaded to me Aussiegirl.This has been exactly my experience recently.Not only that but I get told -not asked-about my diabetes,high blood pressure and high cholesterol.It is assumed before I speak.Only problem is that all my readings are perfect and I have to say over and over 'no I don't have that yet'.Without wls I am certain to get these issues in time so I understand where the practitioner is coming from.What I really object to is that so many judgements (not necessarily medical based) are made about me based on my size before the consultation has even started.

This last little bit of weight loss is weird. It's shown me how fickle your body is.

The last 10 weeks I've had .5 kilo loses with 2 two week stalls thrown in for good measure. It hasn't bothered me because I know with the cals I'm consuming I WILL continue to chip away at it.

Jumped on the scales today( Wednesday weekly weigh day) and BOOM 1.5 kg loss. I haven't done a thing different this week.

So 45 kilo's down' date=' 10 to go ............[/quote']

Dean you are doing awesome! There is a group of ladies on this forum that have been working on the last 10 kg for years and that worries me a bit, but you are lucky you're a man! I bet if you just hit the weights a bit more that would be all she wrote! LOL

And thank you for the advice about acknowledging the feelings. I think you are right. My eyes are very hungry the last few days and I have been noticing every restaurant, every person eating, every smell. Ugh do not want. It was easier when I was just at home!

You don't sound jaded to me Aussiegirl.This has been exactly my experience recently.Not only that but I get told -not asked-about my diabetes' date='high blood pressure and high cholesterol.It is assumed before I speak.Only problem is that all my readings are perfect and I have to say over and over 'no I don't have that yet'.Without wls I am certain to get these issues in time so I understand where the practitioner is coming from.What I really object to is that so many judgements (not necessarily medical based) are made about me based on my size before the consultation has even started.[/quote']

Wow that is so rude that people not only make those assumptions but INFORM you of your supposed health problems!

Lessismore, Exactly!!! I had absolutely no co-morbids before surgery (other than persistent sporting injuries, yes they were I am sure contributed by my weight, but I was exercising lol)...the weird thing is since surgery I have had more issues that before I lost all my weight...4 surgeries and counting lol. Go figure on that one health providers lol

Lessismore' date=' Exactly!!! I had absolutely no co-morbids before surgery (other than persistent sporting injuries, yes they were I am sure contributed by my weight, but I was exercising lol)...the weird thing is since surgery I have had more issues that before I lost all my weight...4 surgeries and counting lol. Go figure on that one health providers lol[/quote']

Are the surgeries for sports things? I tore my ACL and bad carpal tunnel surgery while fat, but not because of being fat. And my right ankle is wrecked from twisting it so many times but that started when I was a really young child and not the least fat.

Hey stranger - how've ya been? :)

I've been good thanks, lots of dramas but hanging in there. My daughter had her baby the other day, 8 weeks early, but both are doing well, thankfully. A 3 lb.little girl named Ruby.

Anyway, enough about me, why are you so shy about a new pic?

I also agree with Aussiegirl!!! People have no idea!

Kim' date=' how is ur recovery going?

I've got a question for anyone who was on the pre-op diet. I have been noticing that my teeth are getting sore/sensitive. Plus they seem to have a brownish colour around them even though I brush them. Did anyone have this happen and if u did, did it go away???[/quote']

I did notice the horrible coating from drinking the Protein shakes and my dentist did comment that my teeth were very stained on my first visit after the op but I didn't notice any change myself. Maybe a quick doctors appointment - it might be some strange symptom of a deficiency - although you should be getting all the Vitamins you need in the Meal Replacements.

I was Iron deficient and wondered why I felt so dizzy all the time. That went away when I started the supplements.

Hi all,

Bec, the discolouration and 'furry teeth' could actually be a Thrush infection which is very common when the diet becomes deficient/severely restricted. A Pharmacist could have a look at your tongue and if he/she thinks it's Thrush you can buy 'over the counter' medication for it.

Dean, hang in there with the last few kgs, sounds like you might have found your 'stride' again. Well Done!!!!!!

Aussiegirl, all the best for your surgery.

I was disheartened by last night's documentary, for me it seemed like an hour long advertisement for the LapBand. Wendy Brown, the only Bariatric Surgeon in the audience is very 'pro Band' and the clinic where she consults still focuses on Bands over other WLS. And, I agree it did nothing to educate the general public about the specific needs of those of us who live/have lived with this disease called Obesity.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day !!!!

Michele

Thanks for the replies. I'll speak to my GP.

Well today is day 11 on pre-op and I've now lost 6.4kgs. I'm very shocked with that. So on Monday I'll weight again before I go to the hospital

Thanks for the replies. I'll speak to my GP.

Well today is day 11 on pre-op and I've now lost 6.4kgs. I'm very shocked with that. So on Monday I'll weight again before I go to the hospital

That's awesome, Bec! Anything you lose now is weight you don't have to lose afterward! And it will be easier for your surgeon to see everything too. Your surgery date is coming up so fast! How are you feeling about it?

To the veterans, when you went on purée could you eat 1/2 cup! I have had no trouble eating that much in 20 minutes even though I expected to. I wonder if its because it is almost like liquid and I will feel more restriction on solids. I am getting about 600 calories, 60 grams of Protein, and about 6 glasses of Water a day. I'm trying to do better on the Water but there are only so many hours in the day!

I've been good thanks, lots of dramas but hanging in there. My daughter had her baby the other day, 8 weeks early, but both are doing well, thankfully. A 3 lb.little girl named Ruby.

Anyway, enough about me, why are you so shy about a new pic?

Ruby's a great name Wendy. Hope that all plays out well for you and your daughter - congratulations.

I'm not shy, I just don't have one! I think you'd know by now, shy is the last thing I am!! ;)

My daughters have their confirmation Friday night - I'm sure there will be some happy snappers there.

Ruby's a great name Wendy. Hope that all plays out well for you and your daughter - congratulations.

I'm not shy' date=' I just don't have one! I think you'd know by now, shy is the last thing I am!! ;)

My daughters have their confirmation Friday night - I'm sure there will be some happy snappers there.[/quote']

Dean, I just became Catholic this Easter. :)

That's awesome, Bec! Anything you lose now is weight you don't have to lose afterward! And it will be easier for your surgeon to see everything too. Your surgery date is coming up so fast! How are you feeling about it?

To the veterans, when you went on purée could you eat 1/2 cup! I have had no trouble eating that much in 20 minutes even though I expected to. I wonder if its because it is almost like liquid and I will feel more restriction on solids. I am getting about 600 calories, 60 grams of Protein, and about 6 glasses of Water a day. I'm trying to do better on the Water but there are only so many hours in the day!

1/2 a cup is normal mate. You really notice the restriction when you move to more regular food, like you said.