Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Happy Belated Easter everyone!!!

Welcome Bec! Glad we could help you with your decision. As the others have said there is probably very little that we havent seen between us.

Swift Kate' date=' congrats. It does feel great to see the numbers moving in a downward direction...enjoy the compliments there are going to be more and more of them :)

You definitely learn how to take a compliment through this process.

It is also not unusual to feel down or flat. In life we generally have moments when get down about things...I hope the break has helped get some pep back in your step.

Sue, you will have to let us know how the workouts go.

Kelli, hope the high Protein diet is working for you. How was the tiramisu?[/quote']

Getting used to upping my Protein and enjoying it. Also trying to drink more Water each day. Can only do it if I carry a container with me everywhere. Tiramisu was yummy, but very rich so glad to have just a small portion. Laced with cherry bandy & Tia Maria.

Hey Kelli - was it you that put me onto the recipe for the Boston Baked Beans? Anyway' date=' I made them over the weekend and they are so yummie! I made a lot and kept them in the fridge - tonigh I threw in some browned mini meat balls - lean mince of course - reheated and my son and I had them for a quick dinner - he had rice too. Really tasty and easy - I love that as I am no cook![/quote']

Yes they are yummy. You can make them less sweet too if you prefer. Great source of Protein and much nicer than canned baked Beans.< /p>

Hi everyone' date=' hope you all had a great Easter. I've been busy over the last weekend. My first question is, who did your sleeve and where do they work out of? Secondly what would your hardest part of the process was?

Cheers Bec[/quote']

For me it was

1. The pre op diet - I have never been so hungry and I stuck to it by the letter - I hate Optifast shakes!

2. My recovery immediately after the surgery was a bit rough - I just don't cope we'll with opiate pain killers - my only advise is go easy on the morphine pump if you have one!

3. The post op liquid and purée 4 weeks - I never realised how bad puréed meat tastes!

Gee I hope I haven't scared you! Anyway, I would do it all again if I had to because the rewards are great!

Hi everyone' date=' hope you all had a great Easter. I've been busy over the last weekend. My first question is, who did your sleeve and where do they work out of? Secondly what would your hardest part of the process was?

Cheers Bec[/quote']

Hi Bec, I am in Brisbane and Dr John Copp in Ipswich did mine. Hardest part for me was 2 week puree stage and juggling not drinking Water with meals which s an ongoing challenge.

Sorry Bec forgot to mention my surgeon - Dr Roy Brancatisano (Circle of Care , Baulkham Hills in Sydney). He operates at Norwest Private and only does the sleeve if you have private insurance.

For me it was

1. The pre op diet - I have never been so hungry and I stuck to it by the letter - I hate Optifast shakes!

2. My recovery immediately after the surgery was a bit rough - I just don't cope we'll with opiate pain killers - my only advise is go easy on the morphine pump if you have one!

3. The post op liquid and purée 4 weeks - I never realised how bad puréed meat tastes!

Gee I hope I haven't scared you! Anyway' date=' I would do it all again if I had to because the rewards are great![/quote']

Sueoco, u haven't scared me lol. Thanks for being honest. I'm excited about getting the sleeve. But the only thing I'm worried about is that i tried Optifast a few years ago and only after 1/2 a shake i started throwing up and was sick for 24hrs :( i'm just hoping that won't happen again.

I'm in Brisbane (i should of said this) so it'll be good to know about surgeons up here lol

Sueoco' date=' u haven't scared me lol. Thanks for being honest. I'm excited about getting the sleeve. But the only thing I'm worried about is that i tried Optifast a few years ago and only after 1/2 a shake i started throwing up and was sick for 24hrs :( i'm just hoping that won't happen again.

I'm in Brisbane (i should of said this) so it'll be good to know about surgeons up here lol[/quote']

Bec, there seem to se several good surgeons to choose from in Brisbane. My surgeon used op also operate out of Greenslopes, but now only does it in Ipswich, although he will also be starting to see patients in rooms in Springfield Lakes. A friend of mine is having the sleeve later this year and will be seeing a surgeon in the north side near Chermside. If that location is of is of interest to you I can find out the name of the doctor.

Thanks Kelliv that would be great. I'm on the southside but not sure if Hubby will be there with me so mum will be and she is on the northside lol

Aussiegirl - not sure my husband would too happy about that :-)! If he is cute I will send him your way!

You better ;)

Bec, I didnt actually ever have a shake on the Optifast. I only ate the bars and Soups, i cant stand shakes generally. Not sure if they will be any better than the shakes but definitely an option.

Bec' date=' there seem to se several good surgeons to choose from in Brisbane. My surgeon used op also operate out of Greenslopes, but now only does it in Ipswich, although he will also be starting to see patients in rooms in Springfield Lakes. A friend of mine is having the sleeve later this year and will be seeing a surgeon in the north side near Chermside. If that location is of is of interest to you I can find out the name of the doctor.[/quote']

Kelli I think that's my guy. He's at Chermside. George Hopkins. He's very good and really really busy because of it. Bec if you want to know anything about him PM me and I'll give you my phone number, if you have any questions.

Kelli I think that's my guy. He's at Chermside. George Hopkins. He's very good and really really busy because of it. Bec if you want to know anything about him PM me and I'll give you my phone number' date=' if you have any questions.[/quote']

Dean it could be. I am checking with my friend. She phoned today to book her first appt and could not get in until 17 June! She's not planing her surgery until Sep so not stressing.

Dean it could be. I am checking with my friend. She phoned today to book her first appt and could not get in until 17 June! She's not planing her surgery until Sep so not stressing.

If it is the same guy and she has any questions, feel free to give her my number.

Everyone is quiet at present??? I am on holidays in Kyneton, Victoria visiting my sister and 9 month old niece and will spend a couple of days in Melbourne on my way home. Very easy eating while traveling. How are you all?

Yes very quiet. Hope you are enjoying your break Kelli. I haven't been up to much - just trying to get my head around going back to work on the 7 May after over a year off!

I met up some old work colleagues this week that didn't' know anything about my weight loss - you can imagine the shock on their faces when they saw me 40kg lighter! My old boss kept asking if it was really me and looking at me and laughing all through lunch! It was really amusing. They rang me up later that day and they were still in shock!

Hi all a bit of an update today I hit a loss of 40.1 kilos current weight is 73.8 I am 4.8 kilos away from my surgeons goal and 8.8 away from my goal yay! as always it's great to see everyone's success.

Lilly