Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Isn't it incredible even to "like" the idea of exercise?! I really the sleeve must secretly be brain surgery!!!

So so true.. I used to hate exercise but now have to say I am wanting to do it and really striving for an active outdoor lifestyle. Hubby and I went walking to and around markets this morning, then this afternoon dragged my daughters for another hour walk. I love my horse riding which haven't done for last 5 yrs as didn't want to cripple poor horses so this is one thing I keep picturing to help keep me on track, oh and things like weekend bike rides around south bank - too much fun - great healthy life ahead of us all :)

Looking forward to meeting up with any of you from Brisbane that can join us next Saturday, it will be great:)

Hello how is everyone.

To answer a few questions from the last few pages, yes my stomach always makes funny noises.

DHS has a 10 day turn around for super release, I would definately be on there back to get it sorted.

Would be great to meet a few of you, but have a linen party to go to, hope to get to meet you next time.

Cookieeez I live in Bray Park. About 25 mins from Caboolture.

I haven't been drinking a Protein Drink, as I can't stomach them, been trying to get most of my Protein from my food, but it has been hard.

I know Roma street okish- been to museum and walked through beach thingy just after the floods last year.... So a while ago but I think I know the gist of getting there :)

Soooooo cited!!! Lol

I think I mentioned I've been pre-opping Protein drinks (lost hair after hospital a few months ago) I find them ok, specially if they're plain vanilla- anyone tried musashi n-force2? I found it cheap on eBay, $35 incl del for 800gs :) tvsn's whey less tastes fine until you realise the bottom half is full of insoluble grit!!! And $$$$$$$!!!!

Also I use 80% Water + 20% lite milk in the mix... I hope my taste doesn't change after surgery coz I find them pretty convenient!

A bit off topic here, but found out today that I may have nerve damage from the canula for the drip. My wrist has been throbbing since it was put in and have realized that I have very little sensation in my hand, nothing in my thumb and 1st 2 fingers. Went to my Gp today as I didn't think it had anything to do with the surgery and she thinks the hit a nerve. I had a local 1st so didn't notice right away, but the evening after surgery I was in pain and they changed the drip to the other arm. No dramas.

Of all the bloody complications to get from this surgery, I get nerve damage from the bloody drip!!!!

Have it in a rigid splint now until next week when I have a nerve study to see how bad it is.

Yes, that sounds like the median nerve to me- the throbbing is like high blood pressure or a tourniquet around the area?! And tingling pins/needles mixed with numbness or little/big sharp stabs of pain?

It may heal itself, stay numb, or get worse- only time will tell but you may end up on lifelong nerve suppressants like cymbalta or endep...

Sorry darl!!!!

Igot it in right exterior thigh after gallbladder surgery :) endep then cymbalta resolved it but on them forever or bad bad bad pain :(

Oh and one stupid azz dr thought I was a junky when explaining to her the pain in leg- coz I got really deep muscle itches that hurt to scratch ?! Weird!!!

And also annoyed nerve meds didn't fix sciatic/L4-L5 nerve root compression, finally coming off pain meds for that...

I couldn't believe that I went into this, really quite, risky surgery, to get crippling pain from something so tiny that I've had a million times before.

That is exactly how it feels, my ring finger, pinky and hand go between numb and pins and needles, my thumb, forefinger and middle finger are "asleep". I was crying last night from the pain in my wrist.

It feels much better in the splint. So that's something positive. It didn't start being really painful until I was home, but it figures because I was on some pretty powerful pain killers while I was in.

If this is my only complication though, I'm cheering!!!!

OMG that's terrible. Like you said after major surgery with all the possible other complications and you get this. Hope you get some relief soon

Im so sorry!! That's how I felt after gallbladder surgery "of all things my right thigh is f'd up forever?!"

I really really hope it resolves without meds!!! But just so you know, anti inflams usually won't do anything for nerve pain- you may need panadeine forte sometimes...

Sending wellness wishes your way!!!

Lol. My 6 year old daughter just told me its ok because it's my left hand and I "never use that one"

The ignorance.

Do you mind if I ask where you had your surgery done?

That's horrible for you both. I have also had my gallbladder out but had no complications.

Puppyphat it's really good you are looking at it in a positive way. I hope it heals well and you don't have any long term numbness

I know Roma street okish- been to museum and walked through beach thingy just after the floods last year.... So a while ago but I think I know the gist of getting there :)

Soooooo cited!!! Lol

Hi, Roma St Station is on city side of River. The museum, beach etc is at Southbank on south side. See you in Saturday.

I couldn't believe that I went into this' date=' really quite, risky surgery, to get crippling pain from something so tiny that I've had a million times before.

That is exactly how it feels, my ring finger, pinky and hand go between numb and pins and needles, my thumb, forefinger and middle finger are "asleep". I was crying last night from the pain in my wrist.

It feels much better in the splint. So that's something positive. It didn't start being really painful until I was home, but it figures because I was on some pretty powerful pain killers while I was in.

If this is my only complication though, I'm cheering!!!![/quote']

Keep up the positive attitude and hopefully your pain will e resoled quickly.