Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling.........hard

Ok guys.......

will be three weeks post-op on Monday and while I have lost 22.5 lbs the last couple of days have been horrible.

My family went out to eat for the first time since surgery and I must say I do well with "real food" because I just

cannot eat as much, however, I ate something high in sugar although fat free and I was able to tolerate it a little

too well for my liking. Due to my recent testing of different foods, all next week I will be placing myself back on

full liquids starting tonight. I am not getting enough Protein so I will do a shake for Breakfast and that one shake will

be half of my protein for the day....idk I guess no I know I am still getting used to being sleeved and I am by no means

addicted to food where I am in danger of sabotaging or allowing my surgery to be in vain, I just feel as though food

was ruling my life before surgery and it still is just in a different way! I tried the breakfast shakes from Carnation and the

milk is tearing me up, so will try Soy and I am just kinda bored with food right now! If I don't eat I am weak, irritable, moody and if I do eat I am uncomfortable, feel defeated after four bites and bored.......this is really just a vent but I have stalled due to my poor eating habits.....Please tell me what you guys did at this stage to get out of this funk! I really don't want to see another sugar free popsicle! I am going to try my hand at making my own smoothies next week so we will see how that goes! ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH I do not regret the surgery I just didn't prepare for the emotional rollercoaster that was to come. I find myself even frustrated that I have no clothes that fit, everything is baggy 3 month post op where are you. I feel I will never make it, maybe going back to work is a good thing..lol Going to try gym this week too so I am excited. Ok done with vent! Thanks for listening you guys are the best!

I don't have much encouragement. Considering I am only 4 days post op and am finding that my rollercoaster is about to begin all I can say is this is a hell of a bumpy ride I thank God we have this board!

are you three weeks post op or three months?

Sorry you are having problems, but it will pass....have faith...we have all been through that stage. One thing that helped me was staying home to eat. Mind you, it was not fun and did curtail my social life somewhat, but I just went out to a restaurant for the first time last week, and I am 3 1/2 mo out. I just knew that I didn't want to/couldn't deal with that too. It was easier to be at home where I knew what I was eating. If you have your families backing, I would suggest that. Hang in there...it gets better.

I agree with retired-loser. At the beginning, it was just too hard for me to go out for dinner. I stayed at home. I scheduled one chore or other during meal times. I thought it would be hard to convince my family that I REALLY did not need to be around and just mope around during the meal times coz I was not allowed to eat anything. But they understood that I was fighting head hunger all the time and were very supportive.

The first time that I went out for meals after surgery was very recently -- well into my third month. But now, I enjoy going out all the time, coz I know what I can eat that will not bring any setbacks in my journey. You'll also learn what works for you and what doesnt. But give it some time.

I hope you enjoy the benifits of having this amazing tool and have a successful weight loss!! :)

three weeks out here is one of my daily menus:

6:00 a.m: 1 cup Water

7:00 a.m.: 1 cup Decaf coffee

8:00 a.m.: 1/2 cup Fage 0 Greek Yogurt with 1 T. Splenda

9:00 a.m.: 1/2 cup Water

11:30 a.m.: 1 light string cheese, 1 saltine cracker

12:15 p.m.: 2 ox turkey lunch meat

Afternoon: 20 oz. 0 calorie life water

4:30: 1 cup water

6:30 1 cup water

8:00 p.m.: 2 oz. chicken breast, 1/4 cup watermelon

9:30 p.m.: 1/2 cup soy milk, 1/2 cup ice, 1 scoop Protein powder, 2 small strawberries, blended

And here is a typical day for me at 4 weeks out:

7:00 a.m.: 1 cup water

8:00 a.m.: 1 cup decaf

9:00 a.m.: 1/2 cup Fage 0 Greek Yogurt with 1 T. Splenda

10:00 a.m.: 1 cup water

11:00 a.m. 1/2 cup water

12:30 p.m.: 1 oz ham lunchmeat, light string cheese, 1 saltine cracker, bite of apricot

1:30 p.m.: 1/2 cup water

3:00 p.m.: 1 cup water

4:30 p.m.: 3/4 cup water

7:30 p.m.: 1/4 cup green Beans, 1 oz. ham lunchmeat

9:00 p.m.: 1 scoop Protein Powder mixed with 1 cup soymilk

10:00 p.m.: 1 cup water

I did have to really focus on Protein and water at first. It was a struggle. Sometimes I had a second Protein Drink, such as powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Protein Powder. Now however, I am much less food focused. And I'm at goal! For me, it's def. worth the work early out.

Lynda