Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Sex Better?

Okay--just wondering if after having the band and losing some weight--does sex get better, stay the same, gets worse (lord I hope not)? Do you think it is because you feel better about yourself, have more energy, or something else? Just wanting to know what my DH and I have to look forward to!

:):P

For sure, better! First off, I can actually breathe through it all. Used to, I'd have a hard time sleeping with just the sheer weight of myself, let alone taking a romp in the hay. Now, WOW, MUCH more comfortable, physically, to enjoy.

As for emotionally, better there, too. I go through phases where I feel all cute and sexy. Other times I feel like a big ole frump, even with the 65 pounds gone. I'm not done losing, and I have lots of belly yuck so I still prefer the lights off, LOL.

Yeah, sex is better!!!!!

And speaking for the guys, loosing weight "increases" your size because of the loss of fat from around your manhood. Definately better!

Okay--just wondering if after having the band and losing some weight--does sex get better, stay the same, gets worse (lord I hope not)? Do you think it is because you feel better about yourself, have more energy, or something else? Just wanting to know what my DH and I have to look forward to!

:):P

Can't wait to experience the better - DH better bolt down the chandelier and put the mirror back on the ceiling - yippee!!!

I haven't had mine yet, but i could only assume BETTER :) Sorry if TMI, but I can't be the one on the bottom, I can't breathe! The last 30lbs or so for me pushed me to where I simply cannot breathe. So, praying it gets better!!

My Husband and I were both banded. I got it done first and when we had sex before he had his surgery it was ok. Now we both have it and I cant get enough of him. We have achieved things that we have never done in the 9 years we have been together (69) Not only being banded and loosing the weight feels great but to have your man going through the same as you. It feels even better. We have a new approach to our sex life it called anything goes except for one thing....... But on a serious note I have never been this confident in my own body my hole life and to have that confidence makes the sex great you feel like a supermodel ( or at least I do). Who cares about the excess skin I dont and dh is not looking at that he is looking at me and telling me all the time how beautiful I am and how much he loves me in and out of bed. So it is safe to say that I belong to the club called I LOVE SEX

Hell yes it's better and more of it. LOL

Now I initiate it and he doesn't have to beg. LOL

Enjoy the band and everything that goes along with it.

It wasnt bad before but its better now. Mainly becuase I'm not utterly stuffed by bedtime and have some energy for it.

Its better for a few reasons.

1) I am physically smaller, and far more flexible (thank you yoga!)

2) I have more energy, and by the time DH gets home, I am not already asleep

3) My hormones balanced out, and my sex drive increased

4) I am not quite so worried about the way I look naked.

I am not saying sex was bad before, far from it, but it is wilder, and more frequent now! And that has made DH a very happy man!

YES YES YES

It is better for me because I feel better about myself and while I'm still not where I want to be body size wise I notice the difference - I'm not as uncomfortable with myself. As for my guy- well I've always been the luckiest gal in the world as he has loved me well over 200 lbs and at my teeny tinest 120. He has never ever said one negative word about my size and always tells me he loves me just the way i am - THAT is what has always sustained a pretty active and wonderful sex life even after almost 14 years.

Its better for a few reasons.

1) I am physically smaller, and far more flexible (thank you yoga!)

2) I have more energy, and by the time DH gets home, I am not already asleep

3) My hormones balanced out, and my sex drive increased

4) I am not quite so worried about the way I look naked.

I am not saying sex was bad before, far from it, but it is wilder, and more frequent now! And that has made DH a very happy man!

Wow!!! sounds good to me!! Hubby will be pleased! He won't have to wake me up anymore!

YEE-HAW! I like the answers to those questions! My DH and I have a good sex life----but I am the one who feels really uncomfortable when he feels all my rolls of fat---and that turns into feeling disgusted with myself and that then turns me off!:cry I'm hoping that losing weight with the band will bring back my inner nympho!:Banane27:

Thanks all!

We have a new approach to our sex life it called anything goes except for one thing....... But on a serious note I have never been this confident in my own body my hole life....

Oh myyyy....our approach is anything goes period....except of course s&m but anyway....was that spelling of "whole" a freudian slip????