Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The airline changes - did you see the news?

Has anyone really seen the news stories today? I don't have TV to see what is really going on....I'm a little stressed flying so soon (for surgery) after something like this - but as I told my DD - I'm just going to San Diego - not an international flight.

Anyone else flying soon?

I fly on Sunday. I'm a bit concerned that it says you can't carry your handbag on board. ??? or electric key fobs. There was mention of laptops, IPODS etc.. I can't trust my laptop to be in checked baggage.. :)

I've never heard of such a thing. I carried my handbag and laptop on board with me. When did these changes take place? I fly Delta and have never encountered them.

Today -

Items banned aboard planes in Britain

By The Associated Press Thu Aug 10, 10:18 AM ET

Security measures in place Thursday at British airports in response to thwarted terror plot:

Prohibited items in airline cabins:

• All liquids, except medicine and baby formula verified as authentic.

food bought at airport.

• Handbags.

• All electrical and battery-powered items, including laptop computers, mobile phones and iPods.

• Electric key fobs.

• Wheelchairs, except those provided by airport.

___

Items permitted in cabin, carried in clear plastic bag:

• Pocket-size wallets and purses containing money, ID and credit cards.

• Passports and tickets.

• Prescription medicine and medical items.

• Glasses and sunglasses, but not cases.

• Contact lens holders, but not lens solution.

• Baby formula and milk, but contents of each bottle must be tasted by passenger.

• Diapers, wipes, creams for infants.

• Tampons, sanitary napkins and tissues, but not boxes. • Keys.

The list isn't quite so bad in the US, but still..

I'm flying on Sunday to Portland (from Cali). Tuesday we come home from Portland, and Wednesday we fly to Mexico. Should be interesting at the very least..

I have a good friend moving to London and she was supposed to fly from LA to Heathrow today. Needless to say her flights were cancelled. My family is going to London in May. Boy all this sure does make one think twice (or more) about traveling overseas these days.

The news conference this morning (by FBI) stated that the US was on the highest alert (red = severe) for flights to/from the UK (perhaps it was all international flights?) and the alert was the next lower rung for US domestic flights.

I haven't been able to hear the news the rest of the day yet so I don't know what it is for Canada but I imagine it has also been raised a notch.

my husband and i are going to fly back to the us on the 31st. Thank goodness we aren't going through Newark like we usually do. Hopefully things will have calmed down by the time we fly though.

I heard about this yesterday and I'm fairly freaked. My mom and aunt are flying home from London today. Their plane is in the air now and I won't breathe easily until they are on the ground in the States again.

I flew last night from Dulles airport in Va to Burlington Vermont and the TSA had everything flowing very smoothly when I checked in. No long lines, the only delay was getting clearance from the tower to take off.

You can't take any type of Fluid items on the plains with the exception of certain meds and baby formula so put all that stuff in your checked luggage.

I brought my ipod and had no problems at all. I arrived 3 + hours early for my flight just in case, but was through security and check in, in less than an hour. Spent 2+ hours sitting around just waiting on the plane.

Yesterday morning was worse but the seem to have had everything under control by 6;30 yesterday, at least at Dulles.

I hope things settle down soon, I am leaving for Aruba on Thursday....I am a nervous wreck.....:lol:

Its a 4 hour flight, and I am flying out of JFK airport, in New York City.

:Banane27: