Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey VSTers...

It's been quite a few weeks since I've checked in. Hope everyone has been losing!

I was sleeved in October and have lost 63 pounds so far. I wasn't sure of what I wanted my goal weight to be, I figured I'd play it by ear and see where the weight loss takes me because numbers don't always match the picture you have in your head. I'm a tall girl with a large frame, so going from 252 to 152 isn't going to work for me although that's what the "experts" think my ideal weight should be. I'm currently at 189, wearing a size 10/12, and I'm perfectly happy at this size and weight give or take a few more pounds. I still shake my head in disbelief when I remember that when I started this journey I was wearing a size 22!

My dilemma is that I don't know how to maintain the weight I'm at now. I'm still eating like a bird, so i'm assuming the weight is going to continue to come off. I eat any and everything that doesn't upset my stomach (I drink soda on occasion too, don't judge me!) and don't drink Protein Shakes. Am I supposed to try to increase my intake? I eat like a bird because I get full really quickly and don't know if I can increase my intake. I know I should probably talk to my nutritionist, but I wanna hear what my VSTers who are living the sleeved life have to say about maintenance.

Why stop now? Keep going. There's no way you're too thin at 189. Your body will stop when it's ready.

Hey VSTers...

It's been quite a few weeks since I've checked in. Hope everyone has been losing!

I was sleeved in October and have lost 63 pounds so far. I wasn't sure of what I wanted my goal weight to be, I figured I'd play it by ear and see where the weight loss takes me because numbers don't always match the picture you have in your head. I'm a tall girl with a large frame, so going from 252 to 152 isn't going to work for me although that's what the "experts" think my ideal weight should be. I'm currently at 189, wearing a size 10/12, and I'm perfectly happy at this size and weight give or take a few more pounds. I still shake my head in disbelief when I remember that when I started this journey I was wearing a size 22!

My dilemma is that I don't know how to maintain the weight I'm at now. I'm still eating like a bird, so i'm assuming the weight is going to continue to come off. I eat any and everything that doesn't upset my stomach (I drink soda on occasion too, don't judge me!) and don't drink Protein shakes. Am I supposed to try to increase my intake? I eat like a bird because I get full really quickly and don't know if I can increase my intake. I know I should probably talk to my nutritionist, but I wanna hear what my VSTers who are living the sleeved life have to say about maintenance.

Maintenance has taken its toll on me mentally, so I had to let that term go. Now I just live my life pretty much. I haven't lost nor gained any weight since August of 2011. I know I could if I really tried, but my concern at this time is just maintaining good health and working on my physical fitness. If that ends up resulting in more losses on the scale then I'm perfectly OK with that.

If you are comfortable where you are then that's wonderful! Everyone's body is their own and I won't tell you where to go from here, the only time I ever show concern is if one is not healthy. If you're happy and healthy then do what you want! Just keep in mind that eating healthy meals and getting some form of physical activity should go on for the rest of your life.

As for suggestions on how to stop weight loss, I really don't have any. I've left that up to my body, my mind just forages on with my new lifestyle. :)

I added some high fat/calorie foods daily...so far, so good.

gosh, maintenance is a pain in the butt. I am at a point where I am just going to eat healthy, increase my exercise and just be happy being me. If I lose more weight that's great, if I don't, I still feel healthier and have a lot more energy than before. I'm going to focus on Protein and veggies and Water and cut the sugar out of my diet as much as possible. After all, sugar is addicting and it triggers us to eat more. Yep,,,,,, no more added sugar for me. Oh, and I am really going to cut out processed foods completely. I can do this! It's worth it! This is maintence and a new way of life. ;)

I totally agree with Diva, let your body be the judge. . . mine stopped losing at 2 years out. . i'm out now 3 years and feel and look good. . . that is most important to me right now as well. . . good luck

I was just worried that I would continue to lose and lose and lose. I guess i'll listen to my body.

@Blackberry, I don't think I'm too thin at this weight. I'm loving where I am right now. I don't want to become too thin, especially since I'm tall and have a large frame. If I could remove this flabby skin from my stomach thighs and arms, I'd probably weigh about 170 pounds.

Congrats to your weight loss! As everyone else says, your body will tell you when you are at the correct weight. Adding some extra liquid calories should help maintain if you think you are at the weight you want to be I would think. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

I was just worried that I would continue to lose and lose and lose. I guess i'll listen to my body.

@Blackberry, I don't think I'm too thin at this weight. I'm loving where I am right now. I don't want to become too thin, especially since I'm tall and have a large frame. If I could remove this flabby skin from my stomach thighs and arms, I'd probably weigh about 170 pounds.

Re: losing and losing, all you have to do is add in some fat. Peanut Butter in your Protein shake, avocado in your salad or on a sandwich, full-fat milk instead of lowfat/skim, snacking on some cheese, juice instead of Water, etc. Nothing wrong about having dessert once in a while, either.

Re: loose skin - if you lose more weight, you might find that some of it was actually fat. I remember thinking if I got down to 155 lbs, I'd be ripped to shreds. Well, I'm at 140 now and I still have some flab on my butt and inner thighs. I'm sure if I got down to 135, I'd realize I still had some extra fat somewhere.