Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

do you take the bariatric chewable Vitamins. they are kindof big and "chunky". I just started to use a pill cutter to cut them in half. its a lot easier that way.

I take 1/2 then the other 1/2 in a few minutes so it doesn't taste so bad. Otherwise maybe take part with Breakfast, and the rest after Breakfast i hope this helped a little

good luck

kathy

I use the chewable multi-vitamins from Target.... 4/day. No irritated stomach.

My multivitamins make me sick to my stomach. I need to eat something when I take them or I feel sick. How does this work if I am not able to eat and drink? Any suggestions?

Oh barf!! I have the Bariatric Advantage chewables, and I just absolutely cannot take those things. I finally went and got some pre natal gummies, just so I'd have something to suffice for now. I'm sure I'll have to find a more 'quality' Vitamin in the future, but I refuse to use the rest of those BA Vitamins. They'd make me sick for an hour. BLECH. :wacko: I'm not usually such a baby about stuff either! ;)

I use the B.A. Vitamins as well, and just the thought of putting one in my mouth turns my stomach. I'm searching for something much better as well.

I took Centrum complete chewable version until a couple of weeks ago. At about 6.5 months out, I switched to Centrum Complete non-chewable and I don't seem to be having any problems with them. I normally eat a mini babybel right before I take my morning meds because the Iron doesn't sit well on my tummy if there's no food in there.

I got samples of the BA chewies and they hurt my tummy. i had that im going to barf feeling for about 1/2 an hour, i have the Centrum chewies as well and im going to stay on them forever, just eat more when i get further along i guess, cause Vitamins are so huge and they hurt trying to get them down.

Interesting to see that so many of us feel the same way about the Bariatric chewable vitamins. They don't make me sick but I feel I am being tortured when i try to chew them. There must be a better solution. I am wondering at what stage we are allowed to just take a normal. Multivitamin and swallow it whole? I would much prefer that and find I don't like dissolving or chewing any form of medication. Yuck.

my doc told me to stay on the chewies for the first 2 months then go to regular if you are able to swallow. The problem is multi's are so HUGE, i have never seen one that was say the size of a tylenol. Guess they have to pack so much stuff in one pill, i started on Centrum complete at 2 months, but i just had that "stuck" feeling, like it wouldnt go down. so ill eat 8 chewies a day if i have to to get my Vitamins in. And the gummies for get them for me anyway, i chewed chewed chewed and it just didnt want to go down.

I take a softgel multi - it's pretty big, but I haven't had any issues with them from day one. They are made by Nature Made.

When I was early out post-op, I would drink my Protein coffee and then take my morning pills - I couldn't take them on an empty stomach.

Celebrate ones are awsome. I love them they can be big the buy the cacium chews and not the chewable viatmins beaucse the does it 4 of them. That is a lot of chewing th multi is 2 tabs. They also have the BEST tasting chewable Iron. YUMMY.

Best Vitamins I have EVER had - pre or post op? Nutrametrix!!!!! I swear by them. It is a powder you mix with Water. After the mixture stops fizzing, you sip it till it's gone. AND - its isotonic, only other thing that is isotonic is an IV. It doesn't go through the digestive process. I used to ALWAYS have to eat with a multivitamin or else I threw up. Never once have I had to eat with nutrametrix. Because it is isotonic you only have to wait 10-30 min. Before you can eat. No, I don't sell Nutrametrix, lol. My endocrinologist put me this years ago. I loved how good it made me feel also. They are more expensive than some, but comparable to Bariatric Advantage costs, I think. I will take Nutrametrix multivitamin and Calcium at whatever the cost to me - it's been THAT worth it.

Nutritionist said it was ok to take 2 children's chewable. She also gave me a 2 page list of Vitamins with comments about taste. I plan on flintstones chewable 2 a day.