Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are There Any Single Sleevers Out There..

Single in the middle of Kansas and will have my surgery on Nov 27th! I'm excited to begin this new journey in my life!!

Wow lots of singles on here .. more n more all the time.. To bad i am in the mid atlantic region.. most of you seem to be from down south.. O well such is life.

Any single sleever in Chicago

Any in Kansas???

Here's my story: I had my first appointment with my dr in August and a few weeks later my wife (a bander that recently lost about 80lbs) decided to end our marriage to be with a co-worker. We had a great marriage and it took me by surprise. It was hard because we have two kids and we were married for 9 years. It's a bummer that your best friend could leave you and replace you so quickly, but I'm optimistic about the situation though. I have my surgery next month and I'm glad that I have so many new beginnings happening in my life. Anyone else have any experience with ex's, friends, or family losing a signifcant amount of weight and having a drastic personality change like that?

Here's my story: I had my first appointment with my dr in August and a few weeks later my wife (a bander that recently lost about 80lbs) decided to end our marriage to be with a co-worker. We had a great marriage and it took me by surprise. It was hard because we have two kids and we were married for 9 years. It's a bummer that your best friend could leave you and replace you so quickly, but I'm optimistic about the situation though. I have my surgery next month and I'm glad that I have so many new beginnings happening in my life. Anyone else have any experience with ex's, friends, or family losing a signifcant amount of weight and having a drastic personality change like that?

I know a handful of people that have had wls and about 50% divorced or left their boyfriend. It's sad that happens. Sorry you went through that but there will be better days ahead.

I can't lie, this has been a concern of mine. I am still pre-op & I have asked myself if having this surgery is worth it if it changes who I am as a person. I have decided to continue in my pursuit despite my fears. It is lack of concern/attention given to your internal person that creates such monsters. If I am already concerned, I can determine the emotional path I allow myself to take and I can control how I interact with people in my life.

Or have I already gone crazy? Haha.

I'm single too, a bit older than you guys, I will have my surgery 6 days before my 50th birthday. And I understand a recent post, that I don't know how to act around guys. Mysterious creatures that they are. lol

I can't wait to see the new 'lesser' me, and maybe people will start to see me for who I really am instead of some fat lady.

Wish my luck, my surgery date is the 17th of december.

I'm single too' date=' a bit older than you guys, I will have my surgery 6 days before my 50th birthday. And I understand a recent post, that I don't know how to act around guys. Mysterious creatures that they are. lol

I can't wait to see the new 'lesser' me, and maybe people will start to see me for who I really am instead of some fat lady.

Wish my luck, my surgery date is the 17th of december.[/quote']

Smokey congratulations! We can't wait to see the lesser you either! The important thing is you're going to LOVE the new you and everyone else will be jumping onboard!!!! Our prayers are with you!

I'm pre-op and I'm also single. I'm on my 1st month of weight management...5 more to go! I can't wait to experience life while sleeved!

Heavenly, much success to you as you begin your journey!

Well' date=' I am officially single... While I am disappointed about the break-up, I am even more disappointed in the fact that as soon as I left, I made a bee-line into Mickey D's and ordered a meal when I wasn't really hungry.

Before I date again (and before my sleeve in Feb '13) I will be seeing a therapist.[/quote']

Lez sometimes these things happen for a reason....it can be very emotional; but you know what? You need peace in your life before your surgery; you don't need all the added stress of that emotional rollercoaster! Don't worry, we're here for you no matter what!

Lez sometimes these things happen for a reason....it can be very emotional; but you know what? You need peace in your life before your surgery; you don't need all the added stress of that emotional rollercoaster! Don't worry, we're here for you no matter what!

You are so right!! I appreciate this posting and everyone that checked up on me over the last 2 weeks. Y'all are so great!

Hi everyone. Fellow sleever and single here. Tega Cay, SC, just south of Charlotte, NC. 43 years old. Been single for a long time. Need to fell better about myself first, then everthing will fall into place.

Just sleeved on Mon Nov 12, so still in my recovery stage. Best thing i ever did!!!!

Sleeved nov 6th. I'm 55, single and f***ing fabulous! Got divorced this past summer and now, I am doing this for me!! I also know that once things settle down for me, I will be open to sharing my life. But right now, it's all about me! And it's about time!! ????