Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are There Any Single Sleevers Out There..

Single and newly sleeved 6/25! I've been single for the better part of the last 2 years (yet another brief try with the ex last year). I told myself I wanted to remain single throughout this process and until I got close to my goal. However, I met a guy a few weeks before my surgery. For the most part I enjoy being single and I'm wondering if I should think about getting serious (he totally wants to) or see what life can bring down the road (in dating and other avenues). He doesn't know about the surgery yet. Ohh, the joys of becoming hot(ter)! ;)

Anyone have tips for cooking for one? I always hated it before but the thought of it post-sleeve when I'm eating 1/2 cup is just not turning me on. I'm still on purees but will start soft solids next week.

Hey all! Almost 30 single mama from Orlando here! Sleeved 1/20 and LOVING it! I've been single 2 1/2 years, mostly by choice, and I wouldn't have it any other way! My sons father and I split when I was 4mo pregnant and I haven't been with anyone else since. At first it was because I was pregnant and huge and no one would want me, and then for a while it was because I was a new single mom and didn't have time to go out, and then because I felt like I needed to devote my every waking minute to my son.

Now, however, I'm single because I want to be. I would rather focus on my son, my career, and my education and get those all in check before I try and juggle a relationship too. I go out on dates and the like, but I'm in no rush to get serious anytime soon.

The only down side to my swearing off of men is that since I've lost almost 90# my sex drive is back with a vengeance and it's been 2 1/2 years since I've had any! That's not to say I couldn't walk into a bar and walk out with a guy, but I'm not that girl anymore and I just can't see myself doing that again.

Lilee84

Your story is very similar to mine, but I have a beautiful girl!

I am also single and would love to find that special someone. It would be great to find someone who has also gone through this struggle, someone to understand the ups and downs. I will be starting my pre-op diet in 4 days, I am so nervous and excited at the same time; oh to have someone to share these emotions :)

I am looking for other people's opinions about the following question so please feel free to open up:

Is anyone else out there afraid of people paying you "close" attention after your weight loss, people who now do not show that attention? I am afraid that I might have a bad attitude towards people if they want to get to know me "thin" but not while "big"; is that crazy? I work for a large global company, I see many people in the building day in and day out, none who even look my way, will that change when I am thin? How will I react knowing that I was not good enough to get to know before? Am I over reacting?

i realized that at the end of the day, the ''true'' people really show themselves eventually. if they are not really paying attention to you now, then all of a sudden they are, and your personality hasnt changed chances are its because of your physical changes.

I'm down about 100 pounds now since being sleeved 6 months ago... I STILL have about 100 to go, but I'm already seeing a LOT more attention from the opposite sex. I've been on several dates, girls I meet are flirting with me, etc...

You guys keep talking like people only like you for physical reasons when you get skinny, but really.. it's just that the weight is a barrier that prevents them from getting to know you. Once that barrier is down, then they're able to put the effort into getting to know you, and can actually appreciate your personality.

I'm down about 100 pounds now since being sleeved 6 months ago... I STILL have about 100 to go, but I'm already seeing a LOT more attention from the opposite sex. I've been on several dates, girls I meet are flirting with me, etc...

You guys keep talking like people only like you for physical reasons when you get skinny, but really.. it's just that the weight is a barrier that prevents them from getting to know you. Once that barrier is down, then they're able to put the effort into getting to know you, and can actually appreciate your personality.

i think the posters that did mention people liking them for physical reasons might know the difference between if they were naturally outgoing etc, or more reserved. Some people don't have respect for larger people, and it has been proven. on the other hand, some people do open up when the lose weight and people are attracted to positive energy regardless of a persons size. their worries are just. only one real way to find out.

It is a physical barrier. The barrier prevents guys from being interested in me. I don't mean to sound cocky but I have a great personality. I'm super outgoing and smart. But the weight barrier makes it so no man cares. I don't say to have a pity party. It's just a fact.

But hey, if any guys here are looking for something give me a jingle. Hahaha!

I have the same worries. If I start getting attention from men who passed by before I am afraid of my reaction.

Hello single sleevers! I am single preop and postop always felt Fatabulous before surgery never had low self esteem and I must say i turned some Heads prior to surgery and waiting to meet Mr right hopefully I turn the right heads with my new body! Curious with the options I will have until then I'll be on cloud 9 by myself

Single here! I've been single for 10 years!....it's been a conscience choice. After marrying and divorcing the wrong guy and then dating the next wrong one after divorce I swore off men and packed on the pounds while raising my 2 boys. Now that they are 15 and 17, it's time for me!....and finding a good man! :)

I was just sleeved on August 2nd and already down 30lbs!...loving it! Can't wait to get to a size where I feel attractive again and start dating!

Well I've been separated for 2 months now, so I consider myself single. I really don't like the dating thing but I also don't want to be alone. I think I won't have any luck til after I'm sleeved.

Ive been single for a long time! Missing that comfort! :-(

hi guys im 23 single guy on the other side of the world :) ...... cant wait till all of you new sleevers see the difference on how the world see you ..... its a harsh truth but we live in a visual world so we have to take care of our look ........ anyway , here is a problem that im facing and thought i would share it with u , see iv never had a girlfriend in my life and very very recently like 3 weeks ago after dropping more than 100 pounds and seeing alot of attention from women i decided to try my luck with girls .......... after trying all by myself ( no help from friends to hookup with someone cuz i figured they didn't help when i was in my most desperate times why should i give them the satisfaction of helping after transforming to a better looking person ) ..... and after many approaches i had a date with a girl (that was 2 weeks ago ) everything was going smooth , she liked me alot so when she asked me about my previous relationships i decided to tell her the truth ......... i told her i had no previous relationships and that just killed everything ,the mood ,the rapport and the attraction , what gives .... did she though i was lying ? is it so horrible to be 23 and still no girlfriends ? ... ps ( i didn't told her i was overweight and i have no plan to tell any potential partner that i was overweight it just a chapter of my life that i want to forget) ....

I am single right now, but honestly i haven't been looking for a relationship. I still have some "midnight maneuvers" from time to time but its nothing serious. I have been focusing on myself. i figure that when i meet that special person that it will be great, but im not actively searching. There is a saying " you cant be happy with another person, if you cant be happy by yourself "