Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reached your personal goal???

Im getting close to my goal. If I would make better choices for the most part it may have came off quicker. I got banded in Nov. 05 and I was 345lbs and now I am 260lbs to date. I want too get down in the range of 200lbs - 230lbs. It depends on how I look and feel about what I see. But the way I am built I would probably look best at 200lbs, b/c I have that husky look to me. So I am working on it so I guess at least 60lbs to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everybody :) I'm Julie and I am from Greece. I had my lapband surgery October 16, 2006 in Athens and I am only 2.5 kg away from my personal goal (pre-op: 97 kg now: 58.5 kg). My doctor says that I have lost a lot and that I shouldn't go for those last 2!! He asked me to come to unfill my band a bit. I won't say that I'm not scared about what comes next :) How was your experience with unfilling the band? What's your doctor's opinion about keeping the fill that brought you to your goal? Right now I have 6.5 cc in a 14 cc band!

I made goal this morning, but have changed my "goal" three times, LOL. Originally I wanted to get down to 180 pounds and when I got there I changed it to 170, then changede it again to 160 then my final goal of 155. This morning I got on the scale and it said 154.4. Whoo hoo!!!

I started in a size 30 jean or a 26/28 elastic waist jean and am now in an 6/8 jeans. Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought this was possible.

I can't say that I have been a perfect bandster, but I have worked hard with my diet and exercise.

I'm gonna try and lose 5 more pounds so I have a "cushion" and can figure out how to maintain.

Congrats to all those that have made goal and to all those that are working towards it, you can do it!

Goal, goal, goal, goal, goal............:lol::lol::biggrin::lol::eek:

GOAL!

As of this morning, I have hit goal. I weigh 174 pounds. At my height, that puts me at a BMI of 24.4.

I lost about 105 pounds in 18 months. I exercise regularly. My fill remains at 3.2. I feel excited about the next year, I feel at peace with myself.

Paulax, that is fabulous! I am 35 lbs away from goal and its really difficult. I go back in on Wednesday for a fill. I too am going to ask for 3.2. Good job reaching your goal!

I hit my goal a few weeks ago, and now I have and even have gone below that, I have to keep an eye on myself I don't want to get too low, I have lost a total of 134, putting me at 138, 2 more lbs and I will have lost half of me, that was not my goal. My goal was to be at 144lbs.

I have people telling me I am to skinny and that I do not need to lose anymore, I am not trying to lose anymore, my band is just a little to tight, it tightens up when I get under a lot of stress for a long period of time, I had 1/2 cc removed back in July, I am going to make another appt to have a 1 cc removed this time. That's is going to be the real test, keeping my self on track.

I've exceeded my goal by 5-7 pounds. I had an unfill of .3cc to go to maintenance. I'm at a point I gain up to 2-3 pounds, but that comes off in a few days. Back on...then off. And I'm eating regularly. So I think I've hit the end of my weightloss.

I did it by allowing the band to do it's job. I didn't fight it nor did I try to bypass it.

I was stuck at 17 pounds from goal for months, but now I am just 14 from it and so, so exited.

I started with 230 Pounds. Now I am 144, and my goal is 130.

I was so happy last weekend that I felt like crying. never, never in my wildest dream I saw me wearing a bikini and I did that last week, when I spent a weekend on the beach with my friends.... and it felt great !

I feel so happy... I just can't wait to reach my goal !!!!

Congratulations Tonks! You can do this. I can't believe you made it to a bikini. I am still dreaming of that day.

Yes!!

It was so weird 'cause it was the first time (in my whole life) I was wearing a bikini, at first I felt like naked, and obviously I don't have a perfect body BUT, I decided to do it and it was a liberating experience.

All the negative stuff is kind of frightening. But I got a good education on banding and they never pushed me and really made me comfortable with the Dr. and his group. They seemed to want to educate me before final dates were agreed upon. They asked me to join online support places like this one and some others so I could ask actual banded people questions. I then ran the same questions by the Drs. and made my decisions then.:biggrin2:

Reached my goal back in February or so. Sailed past it (my doctor's goal) and sailed past my temporary goal of 150 and then plummeted past my "never in my wildest dreams" goal. I fluctuate between 135-140 lb now. I wear a size 8-10 and I am no longer even considered "overweight". I look at other people who I used to envy and think....I look BETTER than THEY do (i.e., more healthy). food doesn't rule my life ANY MORE. My mindset has changed. I don't deprive myself...I eat WHAT I want....but nowhere NEAR the amount I used to. I love my life now and my whole mental outlook on the world has changed. This is hands down the BEST decision I EVER made in my life. Worth every penny of the out of pocket and THEN some. I was a self-pay.

All of you give me such encouragement. I get banded Friday, September 26th, 2008. I am on day 6 of my pre-op liquid diet. It gets me so excited to hear of all you making your goal..and then some. :girl_hug: I love this thread!!!

I was just 14 lbs from my goal weight of 200 from 301 after 8 months. I have had only 1 fill which had to be removed because of not being able to swallow anything. Now at 9 months, I have put back on 14lbs!! I have been eating alot of popcorn for snack and I believe the salt in it has made me retain Water. Anyway, I have scheduled a fill for next week. I am VERY excited to get this done and get back on track. My 1 yr ann. is December 18th and I would love to be at my goal by then...getting close though... My band has been the best thing I have ever done for myself in my life...I wear a 36 pants vs a 46 just 9 months ago. I get frustrated from time to time from not being able to eat some foods...but overall...God bless whoever invented this thing!!

Bruce

The Bunman