Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reached your personal goal???

I would like to see a sticky on people who have reached goal and how they are doing?

Some of us bandster babies would love to read their stories.

I am very close to goal. My anniversary is in 9/06. I have currently lost 66 pounds and my dr goals is 165 for me which I am 12 pounds shy of. My own personal goal is 145 which i am 32 pounds shy of. I have good days and bad days.

Absoutely I am a lap band preemie and I would love to have the positive of the lap band shouted from the forum!! The Negatives are so strong and EVERYWHERE you look and from everyone you talk to or who knows your considering it!! I would like to know it was worth it and people would do it again. I was suprised that the survey went from 88% to 82%. I havent checked today to see if it is lower. Im sure 80% is high to exceptional. It just scares me I dont want to be the 20% who is having problems. I need this to work this is my last chance!!

Nice thread. I was banded right before Thanksgiving. I have lost 49 lbs and have 17 more to go. I am VERY confident that I will be at goal before my one year mark. I absolutely love the band (though I fought it at first) and am very greatful that I have come as far as I have. I would do it again in a heart beat.

I am about ten pounds from goal, although my BMI is 25 and that's pretty darn good for someone my age (late 50's).

post-204296-13813133980238_thumb.jpg

...well....my BRAIN is 'at goal'.....my BODY is about 30# away.....HAR!!!

Jack...

I think I am the other way around. My body is much closer to goal than my head. Every time I go to put on my jeans, I expect them not to fit. And I'm always surprised when they do. I buy stuff that has to be returned because it's way too big. Sometimes I WEAR stuff that's way too big because my head thinks that's what should fit.

I think all this means I have self-image issues. But the funniest thing is that when I was MO, I didn't "see" myself that way, either.

I am near my personal goal of 175 pounds. My original goal was 180 but I have since changed on my own accord.

I am now 183 pounds and I've lost 100 pounds since being banded 1 year and 3 months ago. I have a love/hate relationship with my band but I've been very happy with my results. It was slow moving at first but it has been consistent.

I am almost at goal. I would like to be at 160 and a size 8-10 and I am at 173 and in a size 10-12. It has happened much faster than I thought it would and I think the band is a Godsend. I'm averaging 2 lbs a week, some more, some less but the weight loss has been consistent. I am looking forward to getting to goal in the next couple of months and then just focusing on maintenance for a change. I will get to eat a little bit more!! :)

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/173/160

5'7''

I have had my band for 14 months. I am at a BMI of 25 and am in a size 8 down from a 16. I would like to keep going and get my body fat at a better ratio for my health.

I have had many ups and downs. Being banded is not the solution, it is a tool, reminder and sometimes just hard. I am just now after a year getting used to being banded in the sense that my behaviors that are band "friendly" are becoming habits. I have finally stopped challenging my band, my appetite, my struggle with getting used to my new reality about eating.

I am so happy to put on clothes that I haven't worn in years, and they are too big. I have had to work hard to lose 60 pounds of fat. I eat healthy now, work out 5 days a week. It is really worth it though For those of you that say there is so much negative feedback on here, I sympathize, I stopped reading everything for months and had to figure it out on my own. I feel like I know enough now to revisit others experiences on some issues.

Stick with it, it can be hard. Did we really expect anything else.... well maybe. I stalled out for months, was ill and they wouldn't let me get fills, learning to eat was frustrating. It was all worth it to get down to the size I am supposed to be. One of my Dr.s told me the other day that I was a "healthy weight". wow!!!! Plus I am looking pretty good! :)

I love, love, love my band. I've been banded for 14 months, and am down 84 pounds and still losing, although more slowly. I have about 36 more to lose to get to 145.

As soonergirl pointed out, don't take all the negative comments on these web sites too seriously. For some people, the glass will always be half empty. Others don't necessarily cooperate with their bands. You have to listen to your body and learn new habits in order for this to succeed. Some people have very unrealistic expectations. Losing all the weight WILL take a while, and you WILL have plateaus and set backs, and you WILL have to change your eating habits. You WILL have to exercise to optimize your weight loss.

Of course, some people are going to have complications. And for some the band is not the right course of action. But for me (and many others) the band is an incredible tool that has given me back my life.

I am 11 months in and have lost 120 pounds. Still have 35 to lose, but still dropping between 6 and 9 pounds a month. I will get to my goal by February 2007 if it kills me.

Way to go Candice!! :clap2: You have done exceptional with your band--I am sure you will be at goal in no time at all!!

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/168/160

5'7''