Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reached your personal goal???

I was depressed thinking I had only lost 35 lbs. in almost a year, but starting at a lower weight (217), I've lost over 50% of my weight and wear a size 12 now. Considering my health and hormone issues, I'm ecstatic. I guess you could say I'm almost at goal with 20 lbs to go. It may take me another year, but I'll get there.

I'm close to goal but having problems.

Lately I've been living in a bit of denial I'll look at the scale and see it says 168 but seconds later I'm thinking "Isn't it cool I'm already down to 186... wait I mean 168!!!" It's like my brain can't accept that I'm in the 160's. By the way, I have no idea where you are on the scale (not that you need to say) but when looking at my weight you have to keep in mind I'm only 5'2" and wearing 12's & 14's.

Question, have you been having any problems with guilt over the weight loss? I can't seem to stop beating myself up. One minute it's why can't you buckle down and lose those last 15 pounds. the next minute I'm feeling guilty for even wanting to lose those last pounds when so many other banded friends of mine would be thrilled to even get to a point 20 pounds heavier than I already am. Sometimes I even feel guilty for not having started this whole process at a heavier weight. I guess I feel kind of in the middle. Like my "skinny" relatives and friends still think of me as the overweight girl who is just kidding herself is she thinks she is one of them yet. And my Banded or un-Banded friends that are early stages of the journey are more focused on how far I've come than how far I have left, making me feel like they no longer think of me as one of them that they can relate to any more either.

Am I completely crazy, or have any of you felt this too? Any chance any of you know of a thread for people at or nearer goal that are talking about issues like this?

Diane-

It is so interesting that you brought the guilt thing up. I have lost 100 lbs and feel great. I see some of my friends that are still struggling...and it does make me feel bad.....I wish there bodies reacted the way mine had to the band...or that they would look into getting the band....I don't want them to continue to fail as I did for years.

It is interesting to see how some so called "friends" treat me now. When I was 100 lbs heavier this one gal at work (really just a work friend....not someone I am partically close to) would make mean comments about my weight every once in a while...(why don't I do something....work out, etc). Well now that I have lost he 100 lbs...she is going around telling people I think I am hot cause I lost the weight and I have changed....

Give me a break....your mean when I am in a size 24...now your mean with me in a size 12.

The bottom line is who cares what she says...it only matters how I feel. She is obviously just jealous. It does make my feel bad though.....it makes me feel guilty that I was able to do it when so many others have failed......

I'm one of the rare ones that had lots of complications with the band. I had a slipped band that was ignored for over 6 mths while I was pregnant, But finally after finding a good surgeon my band was replaced and all my problems have been resolved.

I'm technically at my goal weight. I figure when i give birth i'll be losing pounds just by delivering LOL.

With all the complications i've had theirs one question i get asked over and over again

"Would you do it again, if you could turn back time?"

My answer

ABSOLUTLY, NO QUESTIONS ASKED IN A HEART BEAT

I must ask you Charlene ...Do you feel better/younger now at this weight and age than you did 15 or so years ago when you were not so slim? Good for you!

marg

I must ask you Charlene ...Do you feel better/younger now at this weight and age than you did 15 or so years ago when you were not so slim? Good for you!

marg

:clap2: Wow, you look great. What can i do to get your results. I got banded 8-25-06 and my starting weight was 221 now 180 , 9 months out and my goal is 130. Please tell me youe secret. rachel

I Reached My Goal About A Month Ago.the Dr. Wouldn't Do A Fill And Told Me Not To Come Back Unless Something Was Wrong Or I Got Hungry.i Started Out At 203 On July Of 07 And Now Iam At 140.i Fill Great.it Is Wonderful.leva

I reached my first personal goal to get under 200!

YEA ME!:clap2:

Now I have 20-30 pounds to reach my final goal.

I Had My Surg. In July Og 06.i Have Lost 62 Lbs. Which Puts Me At Goal.i Think I Need A Unfill I Have To Fight To Stay At Goal.that Is A First !!!!!i Am Doing Great Fell Good And All That Good Stuff.eat About Anything I Want,just Can't Keep Alot Of It Down,soup Is Good But They Want Me To Eat More Chewing food, ya Know Chew Chew And Chew.but I Love It.

That is so stinkin' exciting Leva 13, congratulations!

THANKS GHOST, I feel fantastic. Love your name.