Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reached your personal goal???

Penny,

I am SO proud of you!!

It is time for me to get a fill as I have maintained the same weight for about 2 months. There are about 6-7 weeks until our "bandiversary"! I am hoping to get into the 150's, so I will need that extra help.

Thank you for being there the day I was banded. You gave me strength!

Boo

Someone once posted on here: Nothing will ever taste as good as thin feels.

Thank you for that wonderful reminder of where I have been and where I will never go again.

I am down 98 pounds, and plan on rounding it out to 100 just because I weird and like even things.

I met my goal in under 8 months.

I love my band.

My port protrudes out on my side and I like to feel it. It's almost as important to me as my wedding ring. Like my wedding ring, they better bury me with it, because it's as much a part of me as anything else.

Thank you to all the medical genuises who discovered and resolved my issues with fat by developing my LapBand !!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I have been banded for 18 months. It has been a complete success for me. I can eat anything and swallow any size pill. I have the 10cm band with a 4cc capacity. I have had 8 small fills and am at 2.6cc. Lost about 90 lbs. and wear a size 4-6. I am very glad I had the band done. The best advice I can give you is to do research, research, research on the band your doctor, the hospital etc., etc. Just take everything one day at a time and don't let anything overwhelm you. Good luck to you.

Laura

I am very happy with my band too. I am close to goal. My hubby and I went shopping for a bike for my reward for reaching goal.

Just wanted to add a positive remark. Wish I was a goal but I am getting there.

edie

I just found this thread. I am 9 1/2 months post-op and hit my goal this last week. I have lost 156 pounds to date. I wouldn't mind llosing a few more as a coushon. I have gone from 54% body fat to 19% which falls in the good range and am now training to run a 5K. The band was the best thing I have ever done .

before-after.jpg

i have been banded now almost one year and i have surpassed my goal. my goal was 140, and i am weighing in at 135. i go to see the doc next week, not sure what they do once you reach your goal. anyone else know?

Guest Band4EJ

I love this thread! So nice to see so many positive outcomes. Thanks to everyone that posted for giving the rest of us hope and encouragement!

I am about 25 pounds from my goal. I was estatic when I got to this weight. Now I am beginning to feel fat. I have been at a plateau for 3 months. I am exercising but nothing seems to be happening. I don't seem to have much in the way restriction. Any suggestions.

i was banded in 03/06 and i am 1lb away from goal. i started at 238 and am now 141. i also got into a size 8 jeans this weekend. i have never ever worn a size 8!

We are twins!!! I was banded on 3/2/07. I weighed 238 and have a 140 lb goal! You are my inspiration! Are you 5'7''?

First let me say thank you for asking the question. I'ts great to hear some positives!

I started at just under 200 lb's and now weigh 135 (5 pounds below goal). I think I've definately contributed to the negative statistics. My band has slipped and I had to go through emergency surgery to get it replaced properly, I've battled with horrible acid reflux and most recently have suffered from aspiration pneumonia. Not to mention all the times I didn't eat correctly and had to throw up. But even with these challenges I would do it all over again.

I often tell my husband that if I were to win the lotto, I would just go around and pay for lapbands for those who needed it.

It really is a battle, but if you're like me, my weight has been a battle since my teen years. At least with the band I'm battling with a chance and with much less weight attached.

Good luck to those of you just getting started or future banders. I know you'll love your life when your dropping those sizes and getting all the compliments that come with it!

Lisa

I love reading the information here. I am a slow loser so I would love to hear more about what you eat. I have had a hard time this last 6 months, still at the same weight and not sure how to start losing again. Still need to lose at least 18 pounds.

Murphles, I feel the same way you do. I am 30 pounds from goal, When I first got to this weight I was tickled now being here for a little while I am getting used to it and beginning to feel fat again. I am working hard to get these last 30 off but boy I think these are the hardest to lose been kinda at a stand still for awhile.

I feel the same exact way, Now that I have ben at my weight for a while i feel fat again also. It stinks!! I need a fill but my doctor don't think so, oh well what can u do.

I am getting very close to my surgeons goal of 145 lbs, just 8 lbs away!!! Personally, I would like to lose down to 135 or so....but anything under 145 (normal BMI for me) will be like icing on the cake!!!