Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reached your personal goal???

I have now reached my personal goal of 160, the dr wants me at 135. I feel good where i am now. I feel a little sad because everyone says i'm so skinny now(never thought i would hear that) and that its too much i have lost??? I'm feeling insecure about being too skinny??? I cant win:( Should I continue to lose weight?

Lizzy, I am glad to see your post. I have reached my personal size goal even though I am still 2 pounds from my stated weight goal. I think I look good in my clothes and I am happy with my fitness level as I am starting to run in some organized races and I as seeing muscle tone for the first time in 15 years or so.

But I am also having anxiety about being "skinny". I went to my sons football game Friday and people who only see me during football season were calling me over to talk about my weight loss. 3 different people said I didn't need to lose weight and another even told me I should gain it back, that I looked better last year! I am just now in the middle of normal range for BMI, I would need to lose 22 more pounds to be underweight. I had to walk in front of the whole stands to get to where my son sits with the band so I could take some pictures and I felt really self conscious walking across there, and never felt this when I was obese. I am really starting to think obese is the new normal.

I don't know ladies this is a touchy thing to me.

One of the things that always got me before being banded was I would lose weight and at 5'2" I would get to about 190 or so from being btwn about 230-240 lbs and then I would start to hear "oh, you can stop now, or you're getting to skinny.

At 5'2" I was surely not too skinny at 190lb . Then I would start to get comfy and feel good and start to re-gain all the weight.

I feel that people get comfy with us being the fat one and when you are no longer the fat one they don't feel comfy with themselves in relation to you . When the fat friend gets skinny it makes them question themselves.

Don't let random people sway you from your goal. If you want to lose more do that . We all know you can gain it back if you need to.

I have several goals. Actually, more are like milestones.

My primary goal is 180 lbs.

Goal 1 - Get banded - 12/21/10

Goal 2 - Lose 20 lbs - 1/12/11

Goal 3 - Lose 30 lbs -

Goal 4 - Lose 40 lbs -

Goal 5 - Lose 50 lbs -

Goal 6 - Lose 55 lbs -

Goal 7 - Lose 60 lbs -

Goal 8 - Lose 25% of the weight I need to reach Goal 1 - 1/13/11

Goal 9 - Lose 30% of the weight I need to reach Goal 1 -

Goal 10 - Lose 35% of the weight I need to reach Goal 1 -

Goal 11 - Lose 45% of the weight I need to reach Goal 1 -

Goal 12 - Lose 50% of the weight I need to reach Goal 1 -

Goal 13 - Lose 60% of the weight I need to reach Goal 1 -

Goal 14 - Lose 75% of the weight I need to reach Goal 1 -

Goal 15 - Lose 80% of the weight I need to reach Goal 1 -

Goal 16 - Lose 85% of the weight I need to reach Goal 1 -

Goal 17 - Lose 90% of the weight I need to reach Goal 1 -

Goal 18 - Lose 95% of the weight I need to reach Goal 1 -

Goal 19 - 180 lbs!!! (81 lbs lost, 100% to my goal weight) -

I hit my goal so much faster than I ever thought possible, I have never regretted getting the band. I LOVE my band and thrilled to be the size I was 30 years ago!

I passed my doctor's goal and I hit my personal goal of 160 this morning. I am down 102 pounds in 8 1/2 months. I have now changed my personal goal to 145-150. If I don't make it I will be fine with that because I am happy right now.

My two year anniversary is next week, and I am ten pounds below my goal. I started out at 244, and a size 20. I am now 131 and a size 4! I hit my actual goal of 100 pounds 18 months post surgery. Since then, with exercise, I have tightened from a size 8 to a 4, and lost another 10 pounds. I think I would like to stay at this size and weight forever. My best advice to those struggling is do not forget to get the help of your doctor. I have had my bank tightened an loosened a few times after the initial few fills. I also believe that it was only through exercise that I avoided the dreaded hanging skin. I am 51, so that was a big consideration. Skin is no longer quite as elastic, and working on tightening muscles, I believe helps skin tighten also. I started working with a trainer once a week about a year into the process. I no longer use a trainer, but I go to the gym three times a week, pretty regularly. One of the best moments occurred a month ago...I was taking a small plane with some friends to a tropical island. The plane was small enough that everyone had to give their weight. Some of the other women were whispering to the agent at the counter...I just yelled over to my husband...put me down for 131...the first time in my entire life I yelled out my weight. I felt the weight of the world off my shoulders!

I would like to see a sticky on people who have reached goal and how they are doing?

Some of us bandster babies would love to read their stories.

I passed my doctor's goal and I hit my personal goal of 160 this morning. I am down 102 pounds in 8 1/2 months. I have now changed my personal goal to 145-150. If I don't make it I will be fine with that because I am happy right now.

Hi,

That's great result.

Concerning me, I have lost 34 punds far and still have to lose 22 pounds to reach my personal goal. I did that in less than 3 months and I am proud of this result.

Actually Dr. Habib Ajami, the bariatric surgeon , was of great support . That's why I think the doctor usually plays a very important role in his patient's new life.

Good luck again :)

My two year anniversary is next week, and I am ten pounds below my goal. I started out at 244, and a size 20. I am now 131 and a size 4! I hit my actual goal of 100 pounds 18 months post surgery. Since then, with exercise, I have tightened from a size 8 to a 4, and lost another 10 pounds. I think I would like to stay at this size and weight forever. My best advice to those struggling is do not forget to get the help of your doctor. I have had my bank tightened an loosened a few times after the initial few fills. I also believe that it was only through exercise that I avoided the dreaded hanging skin. I am 51, so that was a big consideration. Skin is no longer quite as elastic, and working on tightening muscles, I believe helps skin tighten also. I started working with a trainer once a week about a year into the process. I no longer use a trainer, but I go to the gym three times a week, pretty regularly. One of the best moments occurred a month ago...I was taking a small plane with some friends to a tropical island. The plane was small enough that everyone had to give their weight. Some of the other women were whispering to the agent at the counter...I just yelled over to my husband...put me down for 131...the first time in my entire life I yelled out my weight. I felt the weight of the world off my shoulders!

You are such an inspiration. I am 45 years old and currently at 238, was 246 with surgery scheduled for the 31st of this month. Reading your comments made me smile then laugh. Can't wait till I have the day to shout out my weight!! Thanks for sharing.

Hurray for you! I am past my personal goal and 14 lbs lower than my surgeon's goal. I weigh 137 now. But don't want to go any lower and am satisfied with size 8. I expect that if I get back to the gm and work out like I should I will drop sizes, too. I am very proud of you, and so excited that you were able to let loose on the plane, (yell your weight, that is). Karen

I agree when you're doing well you may be less apt to get on the boards and post like the people who may not be doing so well. That's why it may seem as though the surgery is not that successful. I exceeded my goal a while ago and still continue to lose without trying. I just changed my ticker from a goal of 150 down to 135 since my current weight is 138. I never intended to be this thin but am NOT complaining!! The surgery has been a huge success for me with very few complications. The worse I have to contend with is my port protruding through my skin since I'm so thin now. I wasn't prepared for that but it's a small price to pay for having my life back. At 5'6, I weigh 138lbs, wear a size 6 or 7 and my BMI is down to 22. This surgery changed my life and is the best decision I've made for myself in a very very long time.

I started at 326lbs which is more than most of you it seems. I have lost into the 190's now but my personal goal is 150lbs. I went from wearing a tight 28 to a loose 14 (sometimes a 12). I am much happier now but dont feel that I am done. I went to my Dr this week and he asked about my personal goal. When I told him 150lbs, he said that was unrealistic. He said that I had already passed his goal for me which was 200lbs (70% of excess weight). This upset me. I think that he should motivate me, not tell me to just be happy where I am and try to maintain. Since this visit I have been working out 1-2 a day and going full force. I want to show him that I am not done. I may not reach 150 due to all the excess skin but I will at least reach 175lbs. I am 5'6 tall. Has anyone else had their Dr say this? Keep in mind that I was 326lbs. Congrats to everyone that has reached their personal goals!!

I started at 326lbs which is more than most of you it seems. I have lost into the 190's now but my personal goal is 150lbs. I went from wearing a tight 28 to a loose 14 (sometimes a 12). I am much happier now but dont feel that I am done. I went to my Dr this week and he asked about my personal goal. When I told him 150lbs, he said that was unrealistic. He said that I had already passed his goal for me which was 200lbs (70% of excess weight). This upset me. I think that he should motivate me, not tell me to just be happy where I am and try to maintain. Since this visit I have been working out 1-2 a day and going full force. I want to show him that I am not done. I may not reach 150 due to all the excess skin but I will at least reach 175lbs. I am 5'6 tall. Has anyone else had their Dr say this? Keep in mind that I was 326lbs. Congrats to everyone that has reached their personal goals!!

Hey Karebare! CONGRATULATIONS on your amazing journey. I'm so happy for you. Sometimes doctors can be insensitive but maybe yours was just trying to tell you to relax and enjoy the fruit of your labor. You've worked hard and maybe this was an attempt to get you to appreciate where you've come from so you don't continue to stress over the number you are trying to reach. Obviously your doctor feels you are healthy and look good where you are otherwise I think the advice would have been different. Stay focused on your goals. Let us know how you're doing!!

my 1 year band-iversary is tomorrow (and Thursday) and while i haven't reached my personal goal (not sure if I had one), I have lost over 80 lbs. I originally wanted to hit 140, dr. said that may be an unattainable goal, so i settled on 160 - but I am in a 10/12 and headed for my TT next month... so I have reached a NSV in that I don't shop in the women's department