Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Labor Day Gift Exchange Thank You Thread

Kat,

My package went out almost 10 days ago, priority. I have the return recipt thing that I bought extra so mine went to Louisville which is in the same state. I'm very upset that I've not heard if my pal got hers or not and now it's labor day. I will be at the post office Tuesday morning with my receipt to find out what in the hell happened. I do apologize, hell you would have thought it went to Iran.

If my pal got hers already please let me know as I'm worried sick. I agree, I would like to know who will be the one missing a gift and I will send her a gift certificate. It's not right for her to have took the time and energy to buy one and not receive one regardless of what went on and I sure don't want to know or want in on it. I'm glad I kept my mouth shut.

My wife, 3Loves, asked me to inform you that she got her gift and she was thrilled!! Special thanks to those_eyes2004. I will post a pic when I get a chance.

Here is a list of what she got:

A Longhorn Pez candy dispenser with candy. Our boys loved it. Don't tell nursekathy2u. I've been teasing her about the game next week with OSU and the Longhorns.

Dale Earnhardt key chain

Beautiful postcard of Houston at night

Large bath gift set including all kinds of girly stuff to use in the tub/shower with body wash and stuff.

Book called Mom-Speak. Includes sayings we heard many times growing and are now saying to our kids.

Book called The Book of Small Pleasures. Includes lots of inspirational stuff.

HUGE book called NASCAR A Celebration. I may have to steal this one from her. :guess

She plans on taking a book or two and hanging out at the local coffee shop. Imagine the peace with no kids.

THANK YOU AGAIN those_eyes2004. Your thoughtfulness was very much appreciated! You went overboard for sure.

P.S. Her gift was delivered to Cheri on 8-25-06. Where are you Cheri? Did you get your package?

You are VERY Welcome 3loves and hubby!!!...I really enjoyed shopping for her...My husband even got involved...He enjoyed helping me...I truly hope she, well y'all enjoy everything...Being a SaHm as well I knew some things to help her relax would be great...lol...Again...You are welcome...Windy:biggrin1:

THANK YOU barbara465!!!!!...I got my package earlier in the week but thought I would wait to open it...lol...The suspense was killing me but my husband told me to go ahead and open it today...I got the CUTIEST dish town that say's "Cafe' Mom"...LOVE IT...And a bottle of hand soap that is scented "cupcakes and cartwheels"...Since we can't eat them at least we can smell them, as barbara puts it...:rolleyes:...Sorry I waited so long to thank you but wanted to wait...Again....THANK YOU very much!!!!....I will post a pic tomorrow....Windy :biggrin1:

Thank you DrewsLou for agreeing to be my sub. I know that Photonut was banned but not until last week. And Dawg is still on here so I don't know what happened, he could have taken over for her. All of the other banned members in that whole mess of a situation who participated managed to stay with their promises. Even 3love hubby supported it! (kudos to him for helping her)

I just want to remind EVERYONE for the upcoming Halloween Secret pumpkin event (hint hint Kat) that you should NOT sign up if you don't intend to participate!!! No matter WHAT happens there are still responsibilities to others. Just a horrible thing to do tp someone.

Again, thanks Drewslou! Those subs can save the day for those of you that are totally incompetant and irresponsible! :rolleyes:

Hi princess. My wife wanted me to ask if the same thing happened to you last time? She thought you were stiffed last exchange as well. People should be banned from future exchanges if they drop out, especially if they already received their gift and then refuse to send one out. I guess that is not really an issue though in this case.

Drews is a good person!

Yes it has happened to me before. It is why we set up the subs list. I do understand something happening but I don't get it when they continue to get in the exchanges. It is irritating to me that we are all adults here and that gift should have been bought WEEKS ago and sent so the "oh poor me, I just can't take what I have been through" excuse doesn't sit well with me at all.

Sure, I am sad that I didn't get a surprise in the mail when I was supposed to but it really isn't about "getting" the gift that makes me mad. I would be just as happy with a card explaining the situation. Just the lack of responsibility in some people, I swear.

Kat,

I got my gift, it was from Cheri.......I posted a Thank you to her,

You have done another wonderful job....

Thanks, :rolleyes:

Thank you thank you thank you, Three Loves!

I can SOO use the care package you sent me! I'm glad your family enjoyed picking it all out!!! Mine thought it was for them. I let each of them have a pair of scissors and some crayons, but the rest is going straight to my classroom!!

Sorry I didn't get a picture - packages in the mail rarely make it to the recipient, let alone make it there in one piece!

Thanks for the goodies!!!

Love ya

~cheri

Hey Kat, sorry about not responding to a PM, but I don't have any. I couldn't even find this thread to thank the Lovely Three Loves for yet another AWESOME gift!!! I am apologizing as well to my ss, jorjet, for not being in touch with her.

I looked for this thread (on the new posts list) last week sometime, but it was not to be found!!! Hmmmm, missing threads, disappearing PMs.......I wonder if it is the computer ghost messing with me?????

Speaking of ghosts, when is the Halloween gift exchange?????

~cheri

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that mine has not arrived before now. I even paid $25.00 to get it shipped overnight and the post office promised my mother that it would get there on time. My person was CARLENE! Carlene I am so sorry that you didn't get it before Labor Day. Since I had the car wreck my mother sent it for me, and she paid the $25.00 for overnight. I feel so bad for letting you down. I promise I do not do this kind of thing under normal circumstances. Please, please, please forgive me!! I apologize to everyone for messing up.

Cheri, glad you are able to find your package useful. My wife says you are more than welcome! So when will we be having the Halloween exchange? I could get used to getting a gift in the mail. I'm sure my wife would enjoy shopping for me.

Thank you for my package Iziksmom! I LOVED the cute fall decorations that you sent me.

I received~

1. An adorable stuffed scarecrow doll

2. a wonderful smelling pumpkin spice candle

3. a really cute little box with fall colors and a scarecrow on it

These were the first things that I put out for Fall, and I love them!

Thanks again!

I'm so relieved, with everything that's going wrong in my life, something actually went right. AlexisMom got my gift before Labor day she was just out of town. She PM me last night and I was so proud. I had mailed it Priority 8 days early and felt like such a failure. So proud you got it and my name Kat was Iziksmom I l believe how you spell it from Lousiville, KY.]