Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When People Tell You How You've Changed

Today I had a call from my health nurse from my insurance company. After reviewing everything and giving explaination about food, meds, health she said something the made me think. She stated how happy I sounded.

She was right. I am happy. Happy to be healty. Happy to have almost 100-lbs off my body in the last year. Happy to clean out my closet (shoes and clothes). Happy when I walk. Happy when I talk. Happy...Period.

But then she had me thinking. I realized over the last few week how many people tell me I look so happy. One of my co-worker stated, "you're looking great, but I cannot believe the change in your personality". I asked him what he meant by that. He said, you just looked so down for so long...just plain unhappy.

I never realized that my weight made me so unhappy. I never realized the outward apperance I was showing people. I always thought I was happy, but I guess my face and my actions provided a different oppinion.

I now realize I hid from life for the last few years. I even lost my best friends because of it a few months ago. They haven't even seen my transformation, but they know I had the surgery. I wonder if they would even understand. They took it personally that I did want to go.

In closing your sleeve will rock your world and bring about many transformations you never knew you had. I'm grateful for the support and guidence I have recieved both on this forum and in life. Thank you all for being so great!

Love to All,

Cheles!

Wanted to post a pre-op pic from last June.

Vacation 2011

Amen!!! The sleeve change my life as well, so I completely understand where you're coming from. CONGRATS TO YOU!! Health and happiness is what it's really all about. *hugs*

Thanks, Diva! It truly is a journey.

This is something my husband commented on as the biggest change in me that he has seen. I'm happier. I have so many surprise pictures of me when I was heavier, and I was frowning in most of them. Now, the camera is more likely to catch me smiling.

I never thought I was unhappy before, but I know my unhappiness with my body impacted my thoughts.

I'm so glad you and others around you are noticing your happiness! Money can buy you a lot, but it can't buy true inner happiness! It wasn't until recently that I noticed I was getting my "happy" back. I was receiving more hugs from kids at school, missed only 2 days of work in the last 9 weeks compared to 6 during Dec-Feb. last year, and others have noticed a "pep in my step". There will be downer days as we know, but stay focused and keep rockin' the happy!

I am so happy for you.. reading your post, i was grinning because i know exactly how you are feeling. People have made similar comments to me, saying i'm much friendlier now (i thought i was always friendly, lol)

I know exactly what you mean. I look forward to seeing old friends now--not to be all "I'm all that," but because I look forward to talking with them and catching up without worrying about my weight! It was such a heavy mental weight as well as a physical one--I never knew how great it would feel to ditch that mental worry. Thanks for posting and helping me realize that. :-)

My hubby recently told me that I am much happier now. That really puzzled me because I always thought of myself as a happy person, but I guess now I'm just the kinda happy God intended for me to be, and nothing is stopping me or holding me back from doing any and everything I've always want to be or try or do :) THAT MAKES ME HAPPY! Ain't no stopping US NOW BABY!!!!!!