Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Find The Operation Stupid

Did I drink much today? I barely get in 40oz of fliud a day much less 4oz of food. Hey and no cheeseburger. Many on here just cannot see why one would even consider putting one of the things that got you fat in the first place back in your mouth. The thing with me is I am never hungry so what I choose to feed myself is up to me and not my mind.

Sit back relax and pounder on that for awhile.

This is on my Drs. page, I am at four months out. My surgeon's PA explained at each appointment what I should and should eat and gave me a handout of the phases. I had a one week follow up, two week, then six week, then three month. In two months I have my six month follow up where blood work will be done. Maybe this will give you a guideline if you don't have a clear one from your surgeon.

http://www.wheatoniowa.org/programs-services/weight-loss-surgery/patient-education/diet-and-nutrition.aspx

Circa got that tag by posting a lot and helping folks. She helped me psychologically and ethically by talking me out of eating my cats and turned me on instead to the taste of canned vanilla chipmunks. Yum.

Yes, you're not quite ready for cats yet. Those are definitely a slider food.

Don't feed the troll.

Ditto.

To hamanyq8 (or whoever you are), I quote Abraham Lincoln as follows: "It is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Your stomach isn't completely done healing until the 6th or seventh month so day 40 is very early in the process. After month six it is pretty much eat whatever or as you put it normal and feel full after smaller portions but there are rules you will need to follow such as eat Protein always first. There will always be foods that unfortunately you will be able to gorge on sliders refined sugars..... As for now just a month out breads, pastas, rice, and pretty much anything high starch or fat will not sit well with your new stomach. You should pretty much stick to Soups and Proteins but don't except to eat more then one egg, or an ounce of dense protein like chicken or beef in a meal or a 1/2 cup of Soup. There is a learning curve to your new stomach it takes time and be patient.

This is on my Drs. page' date=' I am at four months out. My surgeon's PA explained at each appointment what I should and should eat and gave me a handout of the phases. I had a one week follow up, two week, then six week, then three month. In two months I have my six month follow up where blood work will be done. Maybe this will give you a guideline if you don't have a clear one from your surgeon.

http://www.wheatoniowa.org/programs-services/weight-loss-surgery/patient-education/diet-and-nutrition.aspx[/quote']

You cant advertise in this forum read the rules.

This site is great for support but you have to be very careful criticizing the sleeve or saying anything bad about it because everyone believes in it and it changed their lives and most people had an easy transition to it, therefore they love it and will defend it, so emotions can run high. Trust me, I somewhat regret mine and have gotten ripped a new one, I know.

Its very hard to give up all the food you loved, as time passed you can add some of them in small small quantities, some of them you will never be able to eat it again and that is okay. I read a lot about it and was under the impression I would be able to eat the same things I ate before just smaller quantities like instead of a bic mac fries and coke maybe a kids meal. Well that is not the case. I am 3 months out and still can't eat a burger not even a small one without the bun and its hard extremely hard.

I personally regret my sleeve in a way because I am loosing extremely slow and will only lose if I am counting carbs, just another diet for me. Some people have an easier time, some have a harder time.

Just have some patience and open your horizons to new foods. I can't eat a burger but I can eat the heck out of shrimp and salmon, I can't eat bread but can have a tiny bit of oatmeal, the only bread I can have is thin tortillas or melba toast. Try buying different things and see how you feel. If you really feel like you can't eat, monster smoothies are great. There is a ton of recipes online that are made with spinach, some fruit and a bit of Peanut Butter with Water. That will give you more nutrition, Protein and energy than just orange juice. Hang in there, the beginning can absolutely suck, but you learn to work around it. Best of luck.

Most intelligent people are totally open to criticism of the sleeve or any other procedure. It is in the way the criticism is presented. People who post in an overly dramatic or inflammatory manner will usually get the exact result they are seeking. Unfortunately too many people can't resist responding to dramatic and inflammatory posts. Anyone with a young child can attest that immature folks love to cause a reaction, be it positive or negative.

That said, I have to wonder what percentage of folks with complaints were either undereducated on the procedure, or chose not to listen. People sign contracts all the time, even mortgages, without reading them. or thinking the terms don't apply to them.

Whatever. People with real questions and concerns should be on the phone with their surgeon's office, not posting nutty stuff here about burgers and mac n cheese. DOH!

This page is too dramatic and negative. I suggest we all go to a happier place lol.

I think all advice that could be given has been given. I personally learned a lot from everyone, thank u so muchhh..

Most intelligent people are totally open to criticism of the sleeve or any other procedure. It is in the way the criticism is presented. People who post in an overly dramatic or inflammatory manner will usually get the exact result they are seeking. Unfortunately too many people can't resist responding to dramatic and inflammatory posts. Anyone with a young child can attest that immature folks love to cause a reaction' date=' be it positive or negative.

That said, I have to wonder what percentage of folks with complaints were either undereducated on the procedure, or chose not to listen. People sign contracts all the time, even mortgages, without reading them. or thinking the terms don't apply to them.

Whatever. People with real questions and concerns should be on the phone with their surgeon's office, not posting nutty stuff here about burgers and mac n cheese. DOH![/quote']

So if your saying that people with real questions and concerns must only phone their surgeons , what about people who didnt do the operation will a fairy come to them and answer the questions ? And its strange that you concentrated about mac and cheese which were published by me and forgot hundreds of food published here . In the other hand your post was over dramatic so here you go .

Did I drink much today? I barely get in 40oz of fliud a day much less 4oz of food. Hey and no cheeseburger. Many on here just cannot see why one would even consider putting one of the things that got you fat in the first place back in your mouth. The thing with me is I am never hungry so what I choose to feed myself is up to me and not my mind.

Sit back relax and pounder on that for awhile.

The burger doesnt make you fat its the amout you eat , a bite of burger isnt like alice in wounderland getting huge from a cake bite, and about drinking i meant alcohol .

So relax and remember the difference between alice in wounderland and real life , welcome to the real world

Just remind me 4 years later when your right back where u started. I personally dont give a flying &&@@ what u do. I just stated The path your choosing isnt the Best. And yes I did eat the red pill. And the rabbit hole is deep

Okay folks, clearly some of you failed to read Diva's earlier post regarding our rules. I am going to move this thread to the "rants and raves" section, as at this point, it is not really proving to be a topic of giving and receiving advice, but more of a "lets see who can out slam who" type of thread.

I suggest you go back, read Diva's post, review our rules and treat each other with respect. We really don't wish to have to close topics and send out warnings.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

well i guess thats the end folks , people who wrote bad stuff and attacked me and other members won the battle.

This is on my Drs. page, I am at four months out. My surgeon's PA explained at each appointment what I should and should eat and gave me a handout of the phases. I had a one week follow up, two week, then six week, then three month. In two months I have my six month follow up where blood work will be done. Maybe this will give you a guideline if you don't have a clear one from your surgeon.

http://www.wheatonio...-nutrition.aspx

Wow, CountrySJR, that is an extremely helpful link!!! It really spells it out. Thanks!