Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Find The Operation Stupid

i know that the mouth can digest food do you think im an idiot

no, I don't "think" it - you've proven it. I don't have to think it when the facts are glaring me in the face.

troll.

why its a freedom of speech ?

This board isn't a democracy

I know. I'm pissed because I can't eat this portabello mushroom stuffed with crabmeat. Can only eat about 1/4th. BUT...... I'm pleased with my results. Guess it's a good thing...in a way :)

Horrible thread' date=' yet evidence that the sleeve is just a tool. Please be kind to each other. Remember it takes time to heal you did just have major surgery. Also remember you didn't get to be big all of a sudden it was years and years of bad habits that you should learn to change. Fake or not fake this person is simply asking for help and understanding from us all who have at some point gone through a similar stage. Remember there is a healthier way to eat, that I would highly recommend you check into, but only if that is your choice. I will promise to you this one thing if it is meat you crave you will be able to eat it. Just possibly not this close out of surgery. I don't want to rub it in your face, but I went on a lovely dinner date this past weekend and was able to have a great piece of steak. Yes, in a smaller portion than normal. You will be able to eat anything you want sooner or later right. Forcing it though will only keep your bad eating habits at hand and that could sabatoge your life style change later on. The weight loss will stop or come to a stop and sooner than you think. Try to take advantage of the fantastic choice you have made to have your surgery. It is one you won't regret if you make the most of it. I wish you the best of luck.

P.S.

If you want to do it your way and want meat try a different kind. Maybe a softer summer sausage, some pepperoni, maybe some turkey Snacks, or even cornbeef, tis the season of the irish, is a bit easier than ground beef. This stage is only temporary believe me or not you will find out yourself in time.

P.P.S

Remember everyone is entilted to their opinion and that is simply what it is. Your opinion. We are free to all share how we feel on here, but remember this is the place many of us come for support. The good and the bad can be shared, but let's remember to be kind in our responses to each other. We all want the same thing here respectively.[/quote']

Atlast someone understands me !!!! Thanks

I saw some bird seed on the road and, despite my sleeve, I ate the whole pile. What a mistake! There were ball bearings in that seed and the coyote had a big magnet!! Luckily a truck ran over him before he could eat me. :rolleyes::D

I know. I'm pissed because I can't eat this portabello mushroom stuffed with crabmeat. Can only eat about 1/4th. BUT...... I'm pleased with my results. Guess it's a good thing...in a way :)

Well dont get frustrated here because some people here dont respect your feelings and cant think logically , they just will piss you off more.

I saw some bird seed on the road and, despite my sleeve, I ate the whole pile. What a mistake! There were ball bearings in that seed and the coyote had a big magnet!! Luckily a truck ran over him before he could eat me. :rolleyes::D

He'll be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. Beep beep!

There was a thread here about orange juice and people drinking tons of it and craving it. It's just sugary carbs. That's what they used to give diabetic in insulin shock. Any fruit juice, especially orange juice should be diluted by half.

Seriously, why do people HAVE to overdo things? Just have 4-6 oz and be done if you really are dying for it.

Yes, I know people are asking for help, but use some common sense.

I had about 2 oz of tri-tip and a couple asparagus tips. I'm stuffed! -- and no, asparagus sits fin with my sleeve. I tend to eat the more tender upper part and buy the thin kind.

OP. after surgery my doctor had me on:

2 weeks Clear liquids (broth, Water, cystal light and Isopure)

2 weeks full liquids (milk, cottage cheese, creamed soups)

2 weeks pureed foods and mushy meat (refried Beans, pureed Soups, canned tuna, etc.

You must get 60-90 grams of Protein. Meals are 2 oz. I can eat a lot of yogurt and Soup, but dense Protein has me done/full between 2-3 oz. Eat HEALTHY protein first, then vegetables/fruits, then if ANY room some complex carbs. Even the carbs I eat must have high protein like quinoa, nuts. seeds, whole grains.

Why throw away the chance you've been given. I've never eaten so well. The sleeve is prime territory with not much room. Keep the junk out of it.

IMHO of course.

Amen, OilSooner. Why are people even responding to this post? (I'm not responding to the troll, by the way.)

He'll be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. Beep beep!

There was a thread here about orange juice and people drinking tons of it and craving it. It's just sugary carbs. That's what they used to give diabetic in insulin shock. Any fruit juice' date=' especially orange juice should be diluted by half.

Seriously, why do people HAVE to overdo things? Just have 4-6 oz and be done if you really are dying for it.

Yes, I know people are asking for help, but use some common sense.

I had about 2 oz of tri-tip and a couple asparagus tips. I'm stuffed! -- and no, asparagus sits fin with my sleeve. I tend to eat the more tender upper part and buy the thin kind.

OP. after surgery my doctor had me on:

2 weeks Clear Liquids (broth, Water, cystal light and Isopure)

2 weeks full liquids (milk, cottage cheese, creamed soups)

2 weeks pureed foods and mushy meat (refried Beans, pureed Soups, canned tuna, etc.

You must get 60-90 grams of Protein. Meals are 2 oz. I can eat a lot of yogurt and Soup, but dense Protein has me done/full between 2-3 oz. Eat HEALTHY protein first, then vegetables/fruits, then if ANY room some complex carbs. Even the carbs I eat must have high protein like quinoa, nuts. seeds, whole grains.

Why throw away the chance you've been given. I've never eaten so well. The sleeve is prime territory with not much room. Keep the junk out of it.

IMHO of course.[/quote']

What do you eat after the 6 weeks ??? Like for god sake when can i drink my diet coke and a cheese panini ?

First of all i'd like to kindly ask everyone to calm down and lets discuss this issue seriously as many people can learn from it.

If Hamanyq8 is a registered member then he has the right to post whatever he feels he needs to talk about whether we agree with him or not. I'm not defending him, i am like all of you who are genuinely trying to help him and others who might be facing the same issue.

I think whats happening to Hamanyq8 has a lot to do with his psych. Being afraid to swallow is not uncommon among sleevers. Most of us know for a fact that VSG is a positive life changing procedure. However, some patients are faced or become aware with the down sides of the operation before actually experiencing the positive.

Hamany has a new stomach and he has to understand this and accept it mentally first in order for his body to accept it too. The way i see it is that his brain is still in pre-op state while his stomach is post-op and for him to actually start his VSG journey correctly he needs to sync both organs to post op. Once this is achieved it will all be smooth sailing from there.

I know a couple of friends who have undergone VSG and faced psychological difficulties have seeked professional help/ therapy and are now enjoying their new lives.

My advice however is to first stick to a diet plan approved by your NUT and if the problem persists try therapy.

Ya, I'm sick of this stupid sleeve telling me what to do! :angry:

I wanna go back to ordering one large pizza for me and the other one for my family.

I wanna go back to buying my clothes at the Goodwill because I'm off the rack in retail stores.

I wanna go back to puffing like the little engine that could every time I climb the stairs to my bedroom.

I don't need no stinking operation ordering ME around!

I went to college!!!! B)

I just find the OP is stupid. Gods gonna choke him to death with a cheeseburger one of these days.

How can i get choked by it if i cant swallow? Did you drink alot today?

I don't understand why everyone's being so defensive. He was just asking a question and he's clearly frustrated because it's extremely difficult to change habbits. Everyone should calm down.

Hamany ana msawya el 3amaliya gabel sboo3 oo ham waaaayed lay3a chabdi malait, kelyom abchii i misss old food wayed! Bs u have to remember u did this for a reason and try to think of the longterm positive effect. With time, i'm sure we'll get used to it and even love the new us. Goodluck!

First of all i'd like to kindly ask everyone to calm down and lets discuss this issue seriously as many people can learn from it.

If Hamanyq8 is a registered member then he has the right to post whatever he feels he needs to talk about whether we agree with him or not. I'm not defending him' date=' i am like all of you who are genuinely trying to help him and others who might be facing the same issue.

I think whats happening to Hamanyq8 has a lot to do with his psych. Being afraid to swallow is not uncommon among sleevers. Most of us know for a fact that VSG is a positive life changing procedure. However, some patients are faced or become aware with the down sides of the operation before actually experiencing the positive.

Hamany has a new stomach and he has to understand this and accept it mentally first in order for his body to accept it too. The way i see it is that his brain is still in pre-op state while his stomach is post-op and for him to actually start his VSG journey correctly he needs to sync both organs to post op. Once this is achieved it will all be smooth sailing from there.

I know a couple of friends who have undergone VSG and faced psychological difficulties have seeked professional help/ therapy and are now enjoying their new lives.

My advice however is to first stick to a diet plan approved by your NUT and if the problem persists try therapy.[/quote']

Finally a decent guy which understood what im going through , instead of trying to be a failed comedian or a pain in the neck.