Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pen to write on my boobs

Ok, this is a wierd one folks...:paranoid

The doc said I could write on my chest where my bra line is so he doesn't put the port right under an underwire. So...what kind of pen do I use? You know how you always see the plastic surgeon writing all over the patient in Dr. 90210? What kind of pen is that?

How about a ball point pen? That washes off right?

Help me out here. :)

I have some markers I bought at Walmart that are Tattoo markers. They wash off no problem. They even come with stencils to use on your body. Maybe you can use them. If not you can always wait until you get to the hospital, tell the prep folks what you need to do and they'll give you the right one to use.

hehe like the pens in Sex in the city hehe

Okies

How about just using a child's washable marker? in like blue or purple? They are cheap right now for back to school or if ya got kids snag one of theirs! and it's washable :) so it should come off with a baby wipe after surgery~

Nana~

Ok, this is a wierd one folks...:paranoid

The doc said I could write on my chest where my bra line is so he doesn't put the port right under an underwire. So...what kind of pen do I use? You know how you always see the plastic surgeon writing all over the patient in Dr. 90210? What kind of pen is that?

How about a ball point pen? That washes off right?

Help me out here. :)

My Doc used a permanent sharpie marker to mark a place on my body, before surgery. You have to remember that your belly will be washed down before surgery, so washables will not do. I'm 6 days out and the marker is gone, after taking several showers. It's not really a big deal, it does wash off in time. The only person who will see it is you and the doc.

I'm puzzled by this whole thread. I just checked, and the bottom of my bra is well up onto my ribs. I can get four fingers between the lowest rib and the bottom of my boob. Won't the port go under my diaphragm and below my lowest rib, e.g. in the upper right part of my abdomen? If that's the case, it shouldn't interfere with my bra.

What am I missing?

I used a green Sharpie that I had at the house to mark my braline and waist line so that the surgeon could work around those spots. The remains came off in the next shower that I took.

Hey... if your gonna do it... do it right. Get a big sharpie in a nice bright color. Hell I might have even drawn a smiley face on my stomach!!!!:)

Those pens are surgi markers, the ones I use for piercing is made of g. violet. It washes off with alcohol or a gentle scrub with dial. You can always use a washable marker or ball point pen, that too will wash off. When my tattoo artist wants to change something in a tattoo stencil he gets out a dollar store ball point pen and draws on my skin and then tosses it in the trash, you could reuse the pen at your house because it is your skin and your germs. My doctor didn't give me any options, I wanted my port on the right side as I am left handed and I am always hitting my port with laundry baskets and such. ~Mandy

Just use a permanent sharpie marker. I was gonna make a smiley face peaking over my waistline marker, but chickened out at the last minute. I shoulda done it. :confused:

Terry :)

Hi Diva,

Use the sharpee marker no doubt. I've had a doctor use a sharpee on me for a previous surgery, so if it's good enough for the doctor's, it should be good enough for you!

Good luck!

Chris

Hey thanks guys.

I am getting my pen tomorrow and writing "no port zone" under the girls.

Love you all! Love my surgeon!!! Love my husband!!! Love everybody-

Good luck to everyone who is about to be banded!!! I'm so proud of us for having the strength and determination to see this through. I swear if I run into one of those people who think weight loss surgery is the easy way out, I'll punch them in the nose! Ok,maybe not.

Thank you, Kim for your birthday goal idea. I'm going to shoot for being in Onederland by next Aug. Since i'm not in Twotervillle yet, that could be a stretch, but at least I have a goal now..

To us my fellow August Bandsters!:clap2:

Use a Sharpie. I am planning to use one. I have a deadly allergy to Penicillin and don't trust ANYONE when it comes to that. I have almost been given Penicillin or close "relatives" of it many times. Since I might be asleep or drowsy, I'm writing "NO PENICILLIN" on BOTH arms with a Sharpie! LOL

Kirsten

My hospital put a wrist band with allergy info on the arm with the IV in it. It was a neon band and had my fungus allergy on it. Ask before you write all over yourself, if they do that there too....~Mandy