Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost Died Fm Vsg Surgery.

What am I, invisible? Chopped liver????? I was the first to step into the fray to say that I believed you, and THEN the other supporters came out of the woodwork.

I believe OP's story. I think some of the details may be a little fuzzy to her, but I wholeheartedly believe that the government, medical staff, and lawyers can be a shady bunch. Just looking at what happened during hurricane Katrina taught me that the powers that be DONT CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE. All they care about is money.

Thank You Sister!

The last 3 insurance commissioners fm Louisiana went to prison.

One of our Governers just got out of prison.

They are about to indict the last Mayor.

Congressmen fm Louisiana are doing time.

They make laws & change them making money each & every time then back stab the people who paid them.

Falsafying Medical Records, obstruction justice, is nothing down here.

Our Sheriff was forced to resign because he got caught driving one of the stolen Cadilliac's 6 months after Katrina.

ROAD HOME? LOL

One company made $500k fm Fema just for picking up trash.

Who you think he paid to get that job?

I could write a book on corruption.

Every tried to read your HOMEOWNERS POLICY.

Corruption USA. It is written to confuse you. The lay out, the words, etc.

So confusing it had Judges ripping each others robes off after katrina.

LOUISIANA DOES NOT HAVE PUNITIVE DAMAGES.

ASK YOUR LAWYER....

Then you will believe me.

I am not saying that you are lying. I just think that you might step back and present your story in a calmer manner. Maybe, since you are going to share this with other people, most likely beyond this board, spend some time on writing it out, like a time line, the "5 Ws", etc.

I too have horrid eyesight. Typing in all caps makes it much harder for other people to concentrate on what you are saying. Can you perhaps change your screen resolution so that you don't need the caps? It really does interfere with the delivery of your message.

I don't think people want to point out holes in your story. I think people are reacting to the delivery is all. It seems very emotional and like key points are missing. That isn't the same as lying. It is just hard to follow.

And I totally agree, if you have this surgery it is ideal to have your own advocate in the room with you the whole time.

I think malpractice is hard to prove anywhere you go, especially with medicine not being an exact science. There are really crappy hospitals out there, unfortunately sometimes the best doctor is operating out of a crappy hospital. That was the case with my husband's back surgery. I was planning on staying overnight just to be with him, but it became quite apparent that I needed to stay because it was in his best interest.

I have a dear friend who had a horrid time after bypass, and was in the hospital/ICU for weeks due to infection. It was terrible. But, things happen, and it was not malpractice.

The part about the nurses probably boils down to "She said/they said" and it would be hard to prove that. Why there is no record of the 911 call? Did you submit a records request to the police department? That is how the calls are routed around here: directly to the police dispatch, and then routed to the service needed. All those calls are recorded and retained for a set period of time.

The Sheriff has the 911 calls. He said I need to subpoena them if i want them. The Lawyers that made up the Med Rev Panel said I did not need an attorney.

Now I need a Lawyer.

I can't supoena the 911 calls without it.

I believe Medical Care is going to kill a lot of us when the baby boomers start dying.

As it is, Doctors/Nurses are already over worked & under paid.

No Unions in Louisiana. No Retirement Plans for these people.

Image lines of people wraped around hospitals waiting to get in.

We are going to be treated like cattle.

That is just my opinion for the future if they don't prepare for us now.

Thank you for your time.

You are the most logical of all.

What am I, invisible? Chopped liver????? I was the first to step into the fray to say that I believed you, and THEN the other supporters came out of the woodwork.

lol You are so funny. You made my day. I was scrolling fm the bottom. had so many comments & been fighting with people all day on this site. Telling me I just want attention, I have holes in my story. Like why would I want to lie & make up all of this. I would really need to be one sick individual.

Thanks for your support.

You made my day!

The Sheriff has the 911 calls. He said I need to subpoena them if i want them. The Lawyers that made up the Med Rev Panel said I did not need an attorney.

Now I need a Lawyer.

I believe Medical Care is going to kill a lot of us when the baby boomers start dying.

As it is, Doctors/Nurses are already over worked & under paid.

No Unions in Louisiana. No Retirement Plans for these people.

Image lines of people wraped around hospitals waiting to get in.

We are going to be treated like cattle.

That is just my opinion for the future if they don't prepare for us now.

Thank you for your time.

You are the most logical of all.

I also fear what is going to happen to a lot of us with the medical care situation.

I wish that someone would have stayed in the hospital with you. When I hear of people going through all this alone, I cringe.

I also believe that you had to pay for your medical records. I have been in the situation of trying to get medical records and Texas state law specifically allows for charges for medical records, per page. So, yes, we have a right to copies of the medical records, but not necessarily free of charge!

I hope you can find a way to, at a minimum, get the word out and make your story heard.

There is so much conflict on this topic. I just hit the unfollow button because there is no win or lose here. Let's all agree that it's ok to disagree and go on our Merry way supporting each other. There is no reason anyone should be rude on this site. :wacko:

There is so much conflict on this topic. I just hit the unfollow button because there is no win or lose here. Let's all agree that it's ok to disagree and go on our Merry way supporting each other. There is no reason anyone should be rude on this site. :wacko:

AMEN!!

Wow....just posted a very long detailed post and the page refreshed and I lost it.....not going to try to write that all again, but long story short:

I am sorry you had that experience in the hospital and had to struggle for your life to call 911 to get assistance. NO ONE should have to go through that, and I hope that nurse gets fired or reprimanded for her actions. But thank GOD that you are a fighter and a survivor, and you did what you had to do to save your own life. You are right, it sounds like having someone there with you might have been a good idea.

But having said that, while I don't think it's right that you went through that, they are unfortunately correct when they said Internal Bleeding is a complication of this surgery. So that may be why you are having problems filing any kind of malpractice suit. If it's a known risk/complication then it's not a surgical error or due to any error or neglect by your surgeon. Once he found out what was going on, then they followed protocol on getting you to ICU and handling the situation to get you stable and get the bleeding to stop, and giving you fluids and in rare cases they have to re-operate or do blood transfusions. So as far as the surgeon and your complication, in the medical field, things turned out fine. I know it was difficult emotionally and now you are dealing with no weight loss and a lot of emotional issues from Katrina and losing homes, and depression. You've had a really rough time. But I think it's time to get some therapy for all of it, start trying to heal both emotionally and physically and start focusing on loving and taking care of yourself and letting all this drama go. I wish you well in your journey, please come to this board for support on working to get your Sleeve to working for you. It takes work, and it's not always easy, but you can be successful at losing the weight. Take care!!

:)

Wow....just posted a very long detailed post and the page refreshed and I lost it.....not going to try to write that all again, but long story short:

I am sorry you had that experience in the hospital and had to struggle for your life to call 911 to get assistance. NO ONE should have to go through that, and I hope that nurse gets fired or reprimanded for her actions. But thank GOD that you are a fighter and a survivor, and you did what you had to do to save your own life. You are right, it sounds like having someone there with you might have been a good idea.

But having said that, while I don't think it's right that you went through that, they are unfortunately correct when they said Internal Bleeding is a complication of this surgery. So that may be why you are having problems filing any kind of malpractice suit. If it's a known risk/complication then it's not a surgical error or due to any error or neglect by your surgeon. Once he found out what was going on, then they followed protocol on getting you to ICU and handling the situation to get you stable and get the bleeding to stop, and giving you fluids and in rare cases they have to re-operate or do blood transfusions. So as far as the surgeon and your complication, in the medical field, things turned out fine. I know it was difficult emotionally and now you are dealing with no weight loss and a lot of emotional issues from Katrina and losing homes, and depression. You've had a really rough time. But I think it's time to get some therapy for all of it, start trying to heal both emotionally and physically and start focusing on loving and taking care of yourself and letting all this drama go. I wish you well in your journey, please come to this board for support on working to get your Sleeve to working for you. It takes work, and it's not always easy, but you can be successful at losing the weight. Take care!!

:)

KELLY...

THANK YOU.

Now I need a Lawyer.

Bull , Freedom of Information act allows the 9-1-1 call to you.

I said yes to pictures, now I see one that is very generic but still of no proof .

Finally it is impossible to be able to take only one bite of anything without barfing to not to lose weight.

I request a copy of the digital file of your 9-1-1 call, I request pictures.I request a scanned copy of letters the lawyers used to turn you down.

Internal bleeding is a risk of any abdominal surgery, so please prove neglect by hospital (they did take you to ICU) and malpractice by the doctor.

I do believe you will find Internal bleeding as one of the MANY risks involved in VSG you signed a consent for, oh and since you paid 350.00 for your records I also request a scanned copy of that document.

Enough said.

When and only when you can provide this I will be more than happy to say sorry.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It makes me even more aware of the fact that I will need my husband and best friend with me throughout my hospital stay so they can be my advocates while I'm incapable. I pray for your full recovery and for justice to be served.

Cynthia

I just read trough this post and... yikes!

Kim, I hope you are able to find some form of peace after such an experience. I'm sorry that a site ment to be a safe haven has turned out to be so negative. I hope things get better for you. Good luck!

Hi Kim,

I just read this entire thread & wanted to tell you that I completely believe your story & am so sorry for all the struggles you've been thru with this & Katrina. I hope that you find a new bariatric Dr that can help you. I also hope that you are able to use this site for support. I know you have not received the warmest welcome, but I have found the people on here to be so kind, helpful & supportive. I hope you find the same, as well as peace & a final resolution to this horrid situation.

Best wishes,

K.

You protest too much - no one asked for your list of designed crap. If you werent a troll, you wouldn't keep coming back trying to convince people.

Sent from my iPhone using VST