Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost Died Fm Vsg Surgery.

RESULTS:

FROM JUNE 10, 2010

TO: FEBRUARY 29

I AM STILL A FAT WILDERBEAST.

5'2 & 200 LBS.

THAT IS DISGUSTING.

You really have some nerve. I'm 5'2" and 203 pounds. Thanks for indirectly comparing me to a "Fat Wilderbeast [sic.]."

Sorry about your complications, but this just sounds all weird and suspect.

THEY DID NOT TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED OR WHY.

NO, THEY DID NOT GO BACK IN.

THEY GAVE ME 2 1/2 PINTS OF BLOOD.

THEN THE PANEL SAID "I HAD A LITTLE BLEEDING"

Wouldn't you still be bleeding if they did not go back in and fix what the problem was? I would go see a different bariatric doctor to check and see what the problem is, or was. Just being given a blood transfusion wouldn't have solved the underlying problem.

How could you talk to 911 and the hospital operator but couldn't yell to get a nurses attention?

I agree with the fishy comment. I think some things are not being remembered correctly.

I am suspiscious by nature. I am not gonna go so far as to say that this is trolling BUT I do think that a lot of what your saying doesn't add up. If there really was a serious complication such as bleeding they should have gone back in to fix the problem. I DO think you had a really hard time in the hospital with the nurse. This could have happened with ANY surgery. I hope you get the nurse reprimanded for not making sure she was easily called and available, because that is her job. Good luck to you.

How could you talk to 911 and the hospital operator but couldn't yell to get a nurses attention?

I agree with the fishy comment. I think some things are not being remembered correctly.

LOL Um... I called 911 on the telephone.

The only way to call a Nurse is from the buzzer or the controls on the bed or in the bathroom.

The nurse removed the remote.

The call nurse buttons on each side of the bed did not work.

I could not scream

I could hardly talk.

I tried to call out "Nurse."

I could not hit on anything to make noise.

Then I saw the phone that was on a night table but it not right next to my bed.

I had to wiggle thru the hospital bed bars to get it & I think that is would could have caused a lot more bleeding.

NOTHING FISHY.

I HAVE MONEY.

I PAID $15K CASH FOR THIS SURGERY.

SHAME ON YOU.

I'VE NEVER SUED ANYONE.

Just the fact that you put "LOL" like that makes me even more suspicious.........

Actually I was saying your story was fishy. What's your docket number?

I gave my real name.

Give me your real name since you claim to know so much.

LOL Um... I called 911 on the telephone.

The only way to call a Nurse is from the buzzer or the controls on the bed or in the bathroom.

The nurse removed the remote.

The call nurse buttons on each side of the bed did not work.

I could not scream

I could hardly talk.

I tried to call out "Nurse."

I could not hit on anything to make noise.

Then I saw the phone that was on a night table but it not right next to my bed.

I had to wiggle thru the hospital bed bars to get it & I think that is would could have caused a lot more bleeding.

NOTHING FISHY.

I HAVE MONEY.

I PAID $15K CASH FOR THIS SURGERY.

SHAME ON YOU.

I'VE NEVER SUED ANYONE.

But you said that you almost died from internal bleeding caused by the surgery and no one would help you, not that you moving for the phone caused the bleeding. Your post title is "I almost died from VSG surgery". How did you almost die? What happened that made you think you were dying? That is a very extreme title if its not really true that you almost died.

The way you are reacting to our posts says it all!! I'm done with that! Good luck ......

OMG!

I am calling myself a fat wilderbeast. Nobody else.

I hate myself. I hate to look into the mirror.

I hate being fat.

I hate the way people look at me.

I hate the way people treat me now.

This is about me, not you.

I am telling my story.

It is not intended to offend anyone.

I am a fat wilderbeast! I hate it. I thought I could pay to make it better.

Now I am out of the money & I am still fat.

IT'S DISGUSTING & I HATE ME.... NOT YOU.

I HATE THE MIRROR....

THAT DAM THING DOES NOT LIE.

I AM 55 YRS OLD.

WISH I COULD POST A PIC OF ME BEFORE I GOT FAT.

But you said that you almost died from internal bleeding caused by the surgery and no one would help you, not that you moving for the phone caused the bleeding. Your post title is "I almost died from VSG surgery". How did you almost die? What happened that made you think you were dying? That is a very extreme title if its not really true that you almost died.

READ WHAT HAPPENED.

IF I DON'T CALL 911, I DIE DUE TO COMPLICATIONS FM SURGERY.

END OF STORY

Kim, Have you been to another bariatric doctor for a consultation? Perhaps a GI series is in order to see exactly what is going on inside?

I'm sorry you had such a horrible time. It sounds like your doctor and hospital suck. Just my opinion, of course! ;)

NO, I HAVE NOT BEEN TO ANOTHER DOCTOR BUT THAT IS A GOOD IDEA.

I went for blood work, pap & mammogram but never had this checked out.

I think you are right. I am going to go to another Dr for a 2nd opinion.

Confused..

This surgery is not a quick fix. If there is one thing I have learned is that you have to work at it. I really hope you get ALL the help you need. Praying for you!! :unsure:

READ WHAT HAPPENED.

IF I DON'T CALL 911, I DIE DUE TO COMPLICATIONS FM SURGERY.

END OF STORY

What were your complications??! You never said what they were. You only said you almost bled to death. -_-