Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost Died Fm Vsg Surgery.

Just get an attorney. They go from there. the review board has no say so other than to the hospital.

You will need to get the record of your 911 call, and who responded - the policeman's opinion is important.

Your lawyer will get additional doctors to review the extend of your bleeding, etc. and create their own opinions.

Are you sure the nurse "hid" the button? It is horrible that you went through that, but if you are remembering things out of proportion to the event, that is also egregious.

Hope you are healing well. But a word of caution - be prepared to possibly answer for your post. I have heard of doctors "fighting" back against negative posts...not on here. It was an article in a local community magazine.

I am so sorry you had this experience. No one should have to go through that with ANY SURGERY. I pray that you are recovering well.

If I ever go in for anything planned, we have already decided I am hiring a private nurse/advocate for the duration of my stay. It sounds expensive until you figure in what it can avoid.

My best friend is an ER nurse in the hospital where I had surgery, so I had the best advocate in the world for mine. Even better, several people from my WLS support group work in the same hospital and they all checked in on me after surgery, although I was too doped up the first day to really respond.

Having an advocate is always helpful. I stayed with an aunt recently who was in the hospital. To hear her tell it, no one responded to her at all, but she was hallucinating from her narcotics the whole time she was there and kept telling me she was tired of them changing the wallpaper on the solid blue wall in her room. That's what clued ME in to her hallucinations and I was the one to ask the nurses for a medication change and a doctor call. Turns out my aunt is allergic to morphine.

None of that is to diminish your experience, Kim, because it sounds like you had a horrible time in the hospital. I suggest consulting an attorney to get a copy of the 911 call and then going from there. Good luck!

Sorry for your horrible experience. It was the horrible care you received at this hospital that was below the "standard of care" in most hospitals. This is a tough case and if you fight it, make sure you can present the evidence beyond a reasonable doubt as to the unethical standards of this hospital.

You did great by calling 911! Good job! Hang in here and let us know how your doing. ;)

FINDING A LAWYER IN LOUISIANA FOR MALPRACTICE IS AMOST IMPOSSIBLE.

It cost too much in time & money then it is very had to prove. Numerous Law Firms refused to take my case even though they were outraged that I had to call 911.

This does fall under the Malpractice Category, it is not really a malpractice case.

It's neglect.

THE NURSE:

The Nurse was with 2 of her friends and they had a major attitude.

The first time I awoke i was in pain. I called the Nurse.

She came into my room with 2 other women saying

"You aint getten any mo medicine...You already got all you gonna get!"

I thought to myself, oh God, they must think that I am a drug addict.

I do not take any kind of Rx or use illegal drugs.

Anybody can run my MIB report to see that I am truthful.

(MIB is a report fm Medical Info Burearu) This reports and & all Rx, who it was written by & what it is used for. This is how Ins Co. do their underwriting.

With that, I just went back to sleep.

Then I awoke again, in great pain and could not find the remote.

The rest is history.

I still wonder who the 3 women were...

RESULTS:

FROM JUNE 10, 2010

TO: FEBRUARY 29

I AM STILL A FAT WILDERBEAST.

5'2 & 200 LBS.

THAT IS DISGUSTING.

I was never fat until Hurricane Katrina.

My sister always had weight problems.

She had this same surgery by the same doctor & she lost 100 lbs.

NOTE:

I can't eat a meal. If/when I eat too much, I vomit. I can take one bite and it will be ok.

QUESTION:

If I vomit each & every time I over eat....Why can't I lose this weight?

No way do I eat as much as I did before the surgery.

SOMETHING IS WRONG?

Any ideas?

Kim, Have you been to another bariatric doctor for a consultation? Perhaps a GI series is in order to see exactly what is going on inside?

I'm sorry you had such a horrible time. It sounds like your doctor and hospital suck. Just my opinion, of course! ;)

Where was the bleeding coming from? Did they tell you what caused it? Did they have to go back in?

THE DOCTOR:

I've not see nor heard from him since.

That's why I filed the suit against him too.

Worst part about it is that the Doctor is handsome like Don Johnson.

He would be the last Doctor that I would want to sue.

THE DOCTOR NEVER TOLD ME WHAT HAPPENED.

His Nurse, Holly, told me that "I was gone for 3 days & they did not think I was coming back." She said the pain I was experiencing was because I was bleeding internally. Given 2 1/2 pints of blood.

DOCTORS ON THE REVIEW PANEL SAID:

I had a lil bleeding & the Doctor fixed it.

ANYBODY KNOW A LAWYER IN LOUISIANA?

I may donate every cent to charity of their choice.

May be the only way to make this hospital pay.

Heard of pro bono? I can't pay Lawyers to take this case in Louisiana.

BECAUSE LOUISIANA IS SO CORRUPT!

Where was the bleeding coming from? Did they tell you what caused it? Did they have to go back in?

THEY DID NOT TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED OR WHY.

NO, THEY DID NOT GO BACK IN.

THEY GAVE ME 2 1/2 PINTS OF BLOOD.

THEN THE PANEL SAID "I HAD A LITTLE BLEEDING"